SFA / Utah Tech

4,415 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a ****ed up half lol.
nacluth
No blocks credited to the Jacks in the game. I may need a recount.
PurpleOut
Staff
What an absolutely brutal second half of basketball to watch for any casual fan. Goodness that was bad. 57 fouls called in the game.

But nice win. Saturday is massive.
Jacks1989
Great 1st half. Day Day Hall is a warrior. Really like how Coach K rotates the players. Hope Day Day is good to go on Saturday.

First place in the WAC!
RichieVan
Here's the good news: this team is deep. We'll be able to keep ball pressure much longer with extra bodies. Other than bad fouls, the foul shooting was atrocious. The effort is clearly there.
nacluth
Southern Utah is the most potent offense in the nation. SFA is one of the best defenses. Saturday is going to be something.
nacluth
After last night.

BigJack85
nacluth said:

After last night.

Geez.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
RichieVan said:

Here's the good news: this team is deep. We'll be able to keep ball pressure much longer with extra bodies. Other than bad fouls, the foul shooting was atrocious. The effort is clearly there.
Huge game. Wish this one was at home.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

After last night.

How many games does Prison Tech have to lose before this list becomes half way believable?

And are the powers-that-be at UTA saying to themselves "Why the heck did we join the WAC?"
PurpleOut
Staff
We were .13 behind SUU in the WAC Seeding Standings. I doubt we jump them since they beat Sam. But, I'm interested to see the difference...with them winning at home and us on the road. Should be out later today.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In the first half the stream announcers were saying that SFA was the best team that Utah Tech has faced besides Arizona. SFA got high praise from those guys the whole game. The most unbiased MBB announcers I think I've ever seen in either the WAC or SLC.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In the first half the stream announcers were saying that SFA was the best team that Utah Tech has faced besides Arizona. SFA got high praise from those guys the whole game. The most unbiased MBB announcers I think I've ever seen in either the WAC or SLC.
Totally agree. At times I was even wondering if they had no affiliation with UT.
nacluth
Lord knows that if they had been our announcers, it would be nothing but complaints on here. The guys last night were definitely homers as they initially called every foul against us, and then were like "oh foul's on our guy." I heard no difference in quality throughout the game than from a home broadcast.
PurpleOut
Staff
Ha, yeah I thought that was arguably the most biased broadcast of the year. I didn't mind them, they did a good job calling the game. But yeah, every foul complaint was pretty comical.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Lord knows that if they had been our announcers, it would be nothing but complaints on here. The guys last night were definitely homers as they initially called every foul against us, and then were like "oh foul's on our guy." I heard no difference in quality throughout the game than from a home broadcast.

I totally disagree.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.