Ladyjacks @ GCU

3,047 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by djsfw57
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Aiyana Johnson
This is the first time in five years that I've heard that! Thanks
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

nacluth said:

Aiyana Johnson
This is the first time in five years that I've heard that! Thanks

It's a nickname that family and friends call her
nacluth
Mildly humorous to see GCU wreck their own locker room after a home conference win. Just shows how important they billed this game.
SFA88
I was wrong. They managed to get 1328 fans in their arena.
SFA Jack Fanatic
24 hours later, and I'm still amazed that the Ladyjacks were 15-30 on Thursday and 4-20 on threes two days later. Shows how the combination of court advantage/disadvantage and travel can affect performance.

BTW, are the Ladyjacks staying out west for next weekend games or flying home and then turning around and heading west again?
SFA88
nacluth said:

Mildly humorous to see GCU wreck their own locker room after a home conference win. Just shows how important they billed this game.
Funny. Where did you see this? I guess it was their best win ever. Like most WAC women's teams, they have been awful and the Ladyjack net is pretty low. We might be used to it, but the Ladyjacks are a storied mid-major program with 20 NCAA appearances. The Ladyjacks are the program every other WAC program is looking up at.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

24 hours later, and I'm still amazed that the Ladyjacks were 15-30 on Thursday and 4-20 on threes two days later. Shows how the combination of court advantage/disadvantage and travel can affect performance.

BTW, are the Ladyjacks staying out west for next weekend games or flying home and then turning around and heading west again?

They're staying out there, which makes sense with all the traveling, tine changes, acclimating, elevation issues , etc.
nacluth
SFA88 said:

nacluth said:

Funny. Where did you see this? I guess it was their best win ever.

SFA88
How soon we forget and this is after the ACU game a team that isn't nearly as strong as the Ladyjacks. I don't count either one of them as wrecking the locker room. I really don't like to throw shade when my Alma Mater has done exactly the same thing.

Pilotgirl
The video of us dancing was last season...not this recent ACU win.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

I think this is when we won the regular conference championship last year. It wasn't just for a conference win.
SFA88
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

I think this is when we won the regular conference championship last year. It wasn't just for a conference win.
I think you are right. I just remembered seeing it and the date is 12/31/22 but it is probably asking about events earlier in the year.

Squirting water on the coach after a big win is very common in college basketball and not wrecking your own locker room. I'm glad they celebrated the win. It just means other teams think beating the Ladyjacks is a huge deal.
djsfw57
nacluth said:

SFA88 said:

nacluth said:

Funny. Where did you see this? I guess it was their best win ever.

THIS is what was "wrecking their locker room"? I have watched it several times and I don't see ANY of that. Maybe the word "wreck" was a poor choice. I expected to see it WRECKED.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
I think it's funny that "wrecked" is what was latched on to. My point wasn't that celebrating a good win isn't acceptable or something that we don't do. It's about about having that kind of reaction to winning a conference game at home.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I think it's funny that "wrecked" is what was latched on to. My point wasn't that celebrating a good win isn't acceptable or something that we don't do. It's about about having that kind of reaction to winning a conference game at home.

When we beat them by 20 at our place in a few weeks I'm sure it'll just be another day at the office.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

I got what you were saying....and I doubt they will be able to celebrate against us like this again this year. Our ladies won't stand for it.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

When we beat them by 20 at our place in a few weeks I'm sure it'll just be another day at the office.
We plan to be at that game and be as loud as we can!!
djsfw57
nacluth said:

I latched on to "wrecked" because that automatically conjures up images. I just didn't see what I was expecting to see. That's all.
SFA, Class of 1979
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.