Ladyjacks @ GCU

3,049 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by djsfw57
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The most important game of the season so far.
nacluth
Probably the toughest WAC environment for the Ladyjacks to go to. It's going to be a huge game and you know GCU knows it.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Probably the toughest WAC environment for the Ladyjacks to go to. It's going to be a huge game and you know GCU knows it.
We will see if people show up. Classes resumed yesterday and attendance last night was 428. Attendance for our game last year was 489. Their support for women isn't anywhere near what they do for men.
SFAJack_76
They are trying. Car wash!
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

We will see if people show up. Classes resumed yesterday and attendance last night was 428. Attendance for our game last year was 489. Their support for women isn't anywhere near what they do for men.
Very true. Unless it is a power 5, attendance for the women is low. SFA is the best women's team to play at GCU but the students don't know it. Most of them probably don't know anything about SFA.
SFA88
They promoted the heck out of the ASU vs. GCU game for weeks in advance. They talked about it during every men's game. They called it the battle for state 48, it wasn't but a local clothing company with that name sponsored it and gave away 1000 free State 48 t-shirts. They even brought in Ann Myers Drysdale to be the color analyst.

They have done none of that for this game. I'm not expecting very many fans.
SFA88
SFAJack_76 said:

They are trying. Car wash!

Let's not minimize the Phoenix Open tickets. Those are valuable.
SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
It's gonna be a dogfight. GCU & Molly Miller especially, want this one. They wanna take down the undisputed best team for the past 2 years. GCU has been inconsistent thus far this season. They have an injured player. They are ready for this game.

Ladyjacks know allllll of this. We have an injured player (two) . We are still working on finding consistentcy with our defense and offense. Utah was our best game; gave us the confidence we needed after a close one with ACU. The thing is, WE will be ready, too.

GCU wants to beat us, finally. And we want this Dub to send a message to all of the WAC: We. Are. Still. The. Best. The WAC regular season championship and tournament runs through US. We're ready. Let's gooooooo!!! #AxeEm
SFAJack_76
SFA88 said:

They promoted the heck out of the ASU vs. GCU game for weeks in advance. They talked about it during every men's game. They called it the battle for state 48, it wasn't but a local clothing company with that name sponsored it and gave away 1000 free State 48 t-shirts. They even brought in Ann Myers Drysdale to be the color analyst.

They have done none of that for this game. I'm not expecting very many fans.

It worked. Attendance was over 6,000.
Ljacks&Longnecks
So how do we get the WAC to stop scheduling these games with similar start times. Very unfortunate for those of us that want to watch and follow both teams. Shouldn't have to choose. If the WAC is not going to do doubleheaders then at least stagger the start times.
SFA88
I just noticed it is on the local cable channel. They don't normally carry the women's game so we will see if anyone shows up to the arena.
nacluth
Jordan killing it still.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks are not shooting like they did on Thirsday. Can't buy a three.
nacluth
7 point lead at half erased by a 9-0 run by GCU.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Jacks were completely out of sync.....quickly rebounded to tie back up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA can't buy a three!!!
nacluth
Ladyjacks down by a point going into the fourth. Huge quarter coming up. Let's see what this team is made of.
Pilotgirl
Alright...gotta respond and play our game in the 4th!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks are 2-15 from three.
Pilotgirl
We got some momentum....let's go!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Harrison doing her best to carry this team!
Pilotgirl
GCU in bonus...smart BB Ladyjacks!
djsfw57
Some serious home cooking going on seems like to me. And I don't know who the announcer is, but someone needs to teach him how to pronounce Gila Monster.
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
4 points down 100 seconds left. Crunch time.
Pilotgirl
I'd rather lose this game early in the szn than later. We will regroup & be fine!
nacluth
GCU played a good game for four quarters. Good win for them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Credit to GCU. They deserved to win. Hurts to say that though. Ladyjacks shot poorly, especially from outside. Upsets happen, especially on the road.
Pilotgirl
This will prep us well for Feb 11th when they visit us at the Sawmill!
Pilotgirl
GCU was out for blood...we beat them twice last yr, the 2nd time was in the final conf tournament. Our team doesn't like to lose, especially in conference play. This will give us an even bigger spark.
RedRiverLa
Usually have a bad night of shooting after a can't miss night. I rack this one up to the basketball gods. We'll be back!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Usually have a bad night of shooting after a can't miss night. I rack this one up to the basketball gods. We'll be back!

The Ladies never lost their heads in a difficult atmosphere, either. It really came down to the last 2-3 possessions. Nana played her best game, that we've seen in a bit, IMO. To battle a tough opponent on the road missing shots, and it being down to the last minute on the clock....can't ask for much more than that!
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

The Ladies never lost their heads in a difficult atmosphere, either. It really came down to the last 2-3 possessions. Nana played her best game, that we've seen in a bit, IMO. To battle a tough opponent on the road missing shots, and it being down to the last minute on the clock....can't ask for much more than that!

100% right.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
jboy93
I'm sorry for maybe not knowing this before but who the heck is Nana?
nacluth
Aiyana Johnson
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.