Ladyjacks vs ACU

3,003 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Tough win. I do believe that ACU is our new big rival in the WAC til we end up in the same conference with Sam again.
In basketball they already are. The last 4 seasons ACU has trumped Sam on both men's and women's sides.
RedRiverLa
Thought the TV guys did a great job
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Kellogg cannot be happy with the way the Ladyjacks played today.
nacluth
One thing about ACU's coach. She's as solid as they come and has known how to pick at Kellogg's schemes for years. They made it an ugly game and made us lose focus, but our young depth changed the tide.
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I agree. But now he's got an example he can use all year.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Very uninspired. Sloppy at times.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
My blood pressure is still high from that game. ACU bench was taunting our players the ENTIRE game. Shoulda had a tech.
Ljacks&Longnecks
You should mention that to those you know at ACU.....
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

You should mention that to those you know at ACU.....

I don't know anyone there....Coach was celebrating it, too so it started with her smh
SFAJack_76
We hadn't played in eleven days, and it looked like it at times. 23 turnovers is never okay.

Dominated the boards 42-22.

ACU was 7-14 from three in the first half. 4-13 in the second. All five of their starters played 28 or more minutes. Lost their legs some. Miller is outstanding, as she has been for years.

Aiyana was essentially a no show. Fouled out with 16 minutes playing time. Six points and one rebound. She let the refs get in her head. Fortunately we have Harden.

AB was the player of the game with a big double double. Six turnovers is not okay.

Deck was the player of the game for me. Those three straight 3's were huge. Eighteen points in 22 minutes. She was 0-6 and 0-4 in the TWU game with four turnovers. It is good to see her back playing with confidence.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I was going to ask about Aiyana today. I didn't tune in til men's game ended but when she got the 5th foul and went straight to the far end of the bench in what appeared to be a big pout I was certainly unimpressed.
Game was very close and that was a disappointing scene to see her actions.
To her credit she did appear to get back into cheering her teammates. I have only seen some of the women's games and all via ESPN+ and she does seem to lose focus due to ref calls or lack thereof. That (ref) situation is not going to change.
Pilotgirl
In Nana's defense for this game, this ref crew was absolutely horrendous. Now we were 100% out of rhythm and not playing our kind of ball but they were AWFUL. Yes, I know what yall say...and I agree....don't let the refs decide the game. But honestly, they were calling fouls when there weren't any (on both sides) and no whistles on clear cut fouls. They reviewed a play that shoulda never been reviewed. ACU coach was up in refs business every time. We (fans) were losing it!!

All that being said, yes, Nana needs to get outta her head when things don't go her way and she will.
SFAJack_76
The refs were bad. Horribly inconsistent. Kellogg was on them as much, or more, than the ACU Coach. If you're talking about the review that ended up being Aiyana's fourth foul, reviewing that was appropriate.
Pilotgirl
I can't remember...there were a couple reviewed. One was for a possession call...which was so dumb lol it was clearly ours but Julie talked the woman ref into reviewing it
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
ACU's Miller made a career high six 3"s against us yesterday.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.