SFA / Abilene Christian

4,072 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
DT if you read this....saying anyone has iced a single digit game with almost 2 minutes to play is insane.
nacluth
5 point game 80 seconds left.
nacluth
6 point lead 14.4 seconds left.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well I think this game has played out as expected....very tough match up as advertised.
nacluth
Just mentioning here Sam getting blown out by over 20 at UVU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I must confess that I yelled a very bad word when the Jacks threw that ball away in the backcourt with a minute left.
nacluth
75-68 Jacks win a great start to WAC play!
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

DT if you read this....saying anyone has iced a single digit game with almost 2 minutes to play is insane.

TRUTH!
MasterAxe
The O/U on this game was 144.

I put a solid $10 on the under.

Nearly had a cardiac event those last 20 seconds
Pilotgirl
Yall...is UVU really beating Sam by 20 right now?!
Jacks1989
Great game by the Jacks. Awesome win to start WAC play. My player of the game is Nigel. He shows up every game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Yep. Prison Tech is shooting 30%.
SFAXE93
Day Day Hall with the double double PTS:18;REB:11;AST:4;BLK:3
PurpleOut
Staff
Games are never pretty against the Wildcats, good to get that win and move to 1-0.

Good to have some depth back, even if it's Rusty Roti. I would assume JJP will be back soon.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Yep. Prison Tech is shooting 30%.

We love to see it!
SFAXE93
Attendance 2,814
SpeakingTruth
Up 8, 1:21 and possession. With the way they had been playing defense. And it was posed as a question, not a statement
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Day Day Hall with the double double PTS:18;REB:11;AST:4;BLK:3

Day Day Hall has the heart of a Lion.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
I know many down on Roti right now but there is still plenty of season left for him to get back into good playing and shooting shape. Good chance he will be a big contributor yet.
Pretty sure he is even more concerned with gearing back up than even we are.....
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Attendance 2,814

Not bad. If we could get above 3,400 consistently this year, I'd be satisfied.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
SpeakingTruth said:

Up 8, 1:21 and possession. With the way they had been playing defense. And it was posed as a question, not a statement

1:51 on the clock and Hawkins misses a FT to give them possession. That's a crazy amount of time in a basketball game.

Not arguing with you, you just always want feedback…sorry that's broadcasting 101, you said it three times more as a statement.
PurpleOut
Staff
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I know many down on Roti right now but there is still plenty of season left for him to get back into good playing and shooting shape. Good chance he will be a big contributor yet.
Pretty sure he is even more concerned with gearing back up than even we are.....

I was surprised he got as many minutes as he did, but also thought he had a lot of energy considering the different Injuries he's been battling. Definitely good to have another leader out there.
No-look
ACU plays crazy good defense. They were all over Jossell… one rant I have is the refs. Seemed like ACU was having the home cooking.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

ACU plays crazy good defense. They were all over Jossell… one rant I have is the refs. Seemed like ACU was having the home cooking.

About the refs, I didn't really notice that. But anyway, all's well that ends well.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

ACU did well to limit Jossell. He did well himself adjusting in the second half, penetrating instead and leading to some buckets.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I was surprised he got as many minutes as he did, but also thought he had a lot of energy considering the different Injuries he's been battling. Definitely good to have another leader out there.

Right now, he's 20% of the player he was before the injury last year. But just having him on the floor gave our other guys a few extra minutes of rest.
No-look
I want to see AJJ and Posey on the floor at the same time. Would also like to see Beaurbrun back on the court
nacluth
Not everyone got great minutes, but just having nine players to rotate through was huge. If we can see an eleven man team at some point, then there's no one in the WAC that we won't match up well with.
nacluth
Postgame presser?
No-look
nacluth said:

Postgame presser?
I'm hunting it too
SFAJack_76
Hall may be one of the "toughest" Lumberjacks I have ever seen. ACU frequently doubled him when he got the ball around the net. He fought through it or found the open guy. Double- double, yes, but also 4 assists and 3 blocks. Only one turnover. Only two fouls.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Hall may be one of the "toughest" Lumberjacks I have ever seen. ACU frequently doubled him when he got the ball around the net. He fought through it or found the open guy. Double- double, yes, but also 4 assists and 3 blocks. Only one turnover. Only two fouls.

Agree. And he's doing it all with a bum shoulder.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

If he was taller, I'm convinced he'd be NBA material.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.