SFA / North Carolina - Greensboro

1,909 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nacluth
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (3-3) vs. UNC-Greensboro (3-3)

WHEN: 11/27 (SUN) 10:00A.M.
WHERE: Northern Classic (Montreal, Quebec)
WATCH: Be The Beast ($25 for the tournament access)

After two losses in Montreal, the Lumberjacks are trying to quit this Thanksgiving slide cold turkey. Shooting woes all around and poor production from the point has exacerbated the weakness of our post depth. The Jacks want to leave Canada on the right foot, and it will have to be done in the early game tomorrow.

The Jacks will face the Spartans of UNC-Greensboro. They were the premier team of this trip until a slip up against Hofstra today may have given that role to Middle Tennessee. Still it will be a tough matchup for the Jacks.

Nigel Hawkins has been the go to scorer in the last three games. With Jossell unavailable, the offense has not been able to get going early. They will need to hit from multiple players in the morning. Nana had a better game today, but he won't be able to control the post single-handedly. It will need all hands playing together to get it done.

A tough game to end a tough trip.
Axe 'em!

nacluth
Jacks playing with fire all around this morning. Roti seems to be leading the way. Nana and Day playing strong. Up by double digits 5 minutes to the half.
SFAXE93
SFA:39
UNCG:29
nacluth
41-32 SFA at half.

Shooting 53.1%. Both Roti and Nana shooting 100%.
nacluth
The main story so far seems to be their 4 forwards are shooting 3-10 (6 pts) while Nana and Hall are 5-9 (13 pts).

SFA outrebounding 21-13.
Pilotgirl
Trying to watch the awful stream, to no avail. Looks like we are up and down team...hopefully that will change once everyone is healthy!

nacluth
Tried to work the offense through Robbie the last 3 minutes. He went 1-4. But hopefully he's getting up to speed.
Jacks1989
The stream is horrible. Jacks playing a lot better today. Really like Robbie's size. Looks like he just needs some playing time.
nacluth
Strong first four of the second. Up by 16.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think I said this after the SDSU game, so I'm repeating it now... This team is hard to figure out. Hot one day and ice cold the next.
SFAXE93
SFA 71, UNCG 51 | 2:30 | 2H
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I think I said this after the SDSU game, so I'm repeating it now... This team is hard to figure out.

Going to be a box of chocolates.
nacluth
Final 75-58. Just a dominant performance especially in the second half. Roti came alive. Hall and Nana played big. Over 50% shooting.

Thankfully the Jacks pull a good win out of their trip.
BigJack85
Perplexing. Well, in a good way. When we get favorable matchups we can dominate …
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
SFA was at 182 KenPom before the game just under the 50% of the NCAA field. Hopefully this win moves us back up a couple of spots.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
WARE PTS:17;REB:3;AST:4;BLK:1;STL:1
HAWKINS PTS:13;REB:7;AST:1
HALL PTS:12;REB:7;AST:2
NANA PTS:10;REB:6;BLK:2

Team
7-12 FROM 3 (That right there will win you a few games)
12-16 from the FT line
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
SFA moved from 182 to 156 after the win on KenPom. It will change over the course of the week until Thursday, but a solid win that we needed.
nacluth
Say what you want about Nana and whether he should be our main big, but today he went 10 points/6 boards/2 blocks while only picking up two fouls. No other player went more than 25 minutes on the court. He went 31.

When he plays well, the whole team plays well.
Jacks1989
Any updates on Jalil and Latrell? How long will they be out? What's the injury on Latrell?

Great bounce back win today.
nacluth
I haven't heard if there's an injury on Latrell. I figured he didn't make the trip either due to illness, family or passport issues. He played well against SDSU. Hopefully he's good to go Thursday.

Last I heard we're still a couple of weeks to a month out on Jalil.
No-look
He traveled with the team according to someone that was there. So maybe it's a minor injury
purpleballs
nacluth said:

I haven't heard if there's an injury on Latrell. I figured he didn't make the trip either due to illness, family or passport issues. He played well against SDSU. Hopefully he's good to go Thursday.

Last I heard we're still a couple of weeks to a month out on Jalil.

Was he seen on the bench?
purpleballs
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I think I said this after the SDSU game, so I'm repeating it now... This team is hard to figure out. Hot one day and ice cold the next.

Feels like our football season.
No-look
nacluth
Well he was clearly there and looked healthy. I'm sure it was something that won't be long term.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.