LeTourneau Game thread

3,354 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PurpleOut
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like how we looked so far...leaving early to get back to Sugar Land. Will have a better barometer when we play a DI team.
Jacks1989
What is really standings out to me is we have a lot of really good athletic players. Multiple lineups. Really happy how the bigs r playing. Hope Robbie gets on the court soon. Oh, and love that defensive pressure.
TalkingSports
Not sure if this was said by myself or my color analyst but we do call the game to the best of our ability. Lumberjacks do have a solid lead and have not looked back since the opening tip. It may have been said jokingly but we also are not considered an "SFA Broadcast" we have to be fair to both sides.
nacluth
Who would have called that starting lineup?
RedRiverLa
Blowouts aren't easy. All good.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Does anyone think their #11 has a slight resemblances to Nathan Bain. Looks only.
Lumberjack Battalion
Rev007
Hall seems very active from what I hear.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Our game Thursday vs. Gardner-Webb won't be easy. G-W led on the road at Colorado State by 11 at the half but eventually lost on a last-second shot 65-63.
wahlwesle
Rev007 said:

Hall seems very active from what I hear.

He is, especially late in the 2nd half. He looks a bit beat up to me though. Doesn't seem to impact his playing ability though.
BigJack85
We look cohesive. Probably a little easier , to have chemistry against a D3 team Look at our previous starts. Struggle bus against D2 and D3 squads the past few years. The schedule gets tougher. None will be this easy. Hayman needs to slow it down a shade. Otherwise, things look relatively positive. Beaubrun had some good minutes. Would like to see him get more time against an opponent like this. Seasoning.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
Recovering from a shoulder injury
Jacks1989
Nana playing really well tonight.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Our game Thursday vs. Gardner-Webb won't be easy. G-W led on the road at Colorado State by 11 at the half but eventually lost on a last-second shot 65-63.
Was coming back tonight to add this. Should be a nice test on Thursday.
Jacks1989
Jacks shot the ball good. I bet the FG% was high.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks1989 said:

Jacks shot the ball good. I bet the FG% was high.
52.9% (37-70). 41.7% from three (5-12).
PurpleOut
Staff
Really the only negative was turnovers. Forcing 31 is amazing, but turning it back over 22 times isn't going to work next game.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Really the only negative was turnovers. Forcing 31 is amazing, but turning it back over 22 times isn't going to work next game.

Ya. I don't think we'll be shuffling lineups nearly as quickly. Get it down to 15. That'll keep you in a bunch of games. Get it down to 8-9 , we'll win a bunch…
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TalkingSports
Thank you to those who watched the game on TV tonight and gave feedback. It truly helps us work on our craft and work/fix our technical issues. That being said we are always open to constructive criticism so if you have any feedback about tonight's play-by-play broadcast please feel free to let me/us know. Only want to get better. Thanks!
SFA88
RedRiverLa said:

And there goes the crowd, heading home. Smh.
I confess when the Jack's got up by 33, it became boring to me and I started streaming different games and looking at different scores from the day.
No-look
We looked ahead of where we usually are being the first game. Everybody can play and contribute. Defense looked good. Too many turnovers but some of those were second half Hail Marys. Lol. Posey looked in mid season form. Day Day looked hampered at times by the shoulder injury and was limping at end of game. Hopefully Robbie will be back soon… this team is deep and would have been crazy deep if Murphy would have stayed.
RedRiverLa
SFA88 said:

RedRiverLa said:

I confess when the Jack's got up by 33, it became boring to me and I started streaming different games and looking at different scores from the day.

Yea, it was over by then, but it was a massive crowd departure. Just kind of funny to me to make an effort to come to the game and the leave after 20 minutes, definitely noticeable to the players. Also, the one concession stand was so overwhelmed it shut down with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. About the only bad thing tonight!
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Remember that great year where went went 28-3, and then got screwed by covid with no tournament. We opened with LeTourneau and only beat them by 19.
Lumberjack Battalion
wahlwesle
RedRiverLa said:

SFA88 said:

RedRiverLa said:

Yea, it was over by then, but it was a massive crowd departure. Just kind of funny to me to make an effort to come to the game and the leave after 20 minutes, definitely noticeable to the players. Also, the one concession stand was so overwhelmed it shut down with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. About the only bad thing tonight!

Shutting the concession stand down so early probably helped contribute to the mass fan departure. I was thirsty and hungry by the end of the game.
PurpleOut
Staff
TalkingSports said:

Thank you to those who watched the game on TV tonight and gave feedback. It truly helps us work on our craft and work/fix our technical issues. That being said we are always open to constructive criticism so if you have any feedback about tonight's play-by-play broadcast please feel free to let me/us know. Only want to get better. Thanks!

Tell the color commentator to stop talking so much. If he has to say "sorry for cutting you off" more than once, he's doing too much. He said that maybe 5 times last night. Just my opinion.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TalkingSports said:

You guys are already better than last year. Keep improving.
SFAXE93
HALL PTS:20;REB:8;STL:7;AST:5;BLK:2
NANA PTS:14;REB:7;AST:2;STL:1;BLK:2
nacluth
7 steals for Hall! That has to put him near the top of the NCAA after a game.
nacluth
I thought the commentary was fine.
No-look
He was hurting at the end of the game. Limping and looked like his shoulder was bothering him. Not sure why he was still in game.
SFAXE93

And 7 STLS LOL
SFA Jack Fanatic
In the post-game presser, Coach K said that "Latrell is the leader of our team". That statement was surprising to me.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

In the post-game presser, Coach K said that "Latrell is the leader of our team". That statement was surprising to me.
Latrell is a very vocal player. He has the same mentality that our great players have had, he wants to do everything he can to win.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.