NCAA SELECTION SHOW FOR WBB MARCH MADNESS

6,031 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting a thread for the Selection Show & all the articles, thoughts, etc!
nacluth
Right now ESPN is projecting Norman (OU), Forest Park (Maryland), Tucson (Arizona), and Bloomington (Indiana) as their 4 seed sites. We're highly likely to be going to a 4 seed site.

Less possible though not impossible is to find our way to Baton Rouge (LSU) by either LSU being bumped to a 4 or SFA going up to an 11.
nacluth
Maybe for the season thread, but I just want to say how great this season has been and how much better this year was even over last year.

Starting with dominating Houston, winning the Katy MTE, and running through the WAC with all new tougher teams. So impressive. Sure the UTRGV game was a blemish, but it just highlighted how great otherwise the season has been.

Looking forward to tomorrow night.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Maybe for the season thread, but I just want to say how great this season has been and how much better this year was even over last year.

Starting with dominating Houston, winning the Katy MTE, and running through the WAC with all new tougher teams. So impressive. Sure the UTRGV game was a blemish, but it just highlighted how great otherwise the season has been.

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Yeah,last year was rough as a fan...couldn't attend many games & couldn't support in person at the Dance . While it might not have made a huge difference, I really think having an audience would've helped in that GA Trch game, especially in OT. Beyond happy we can go to this game!
Pilotgirl
I also love how they used the Preseason poll as fuel for the entire season! Love this team...hoping for a 12 seed again.

Also so happy for Brii & Tee to receive objective recognition throughout the tournament. We talked with Kayla Scott about their defensive grit & finally commentators gave them lots of love as they showed out big time. Really wish Tee woulda been on the all tournament team.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
Selection Show is on at 7 pm for WBB! I know Nac is doing a watch party at BWW...we might order some to have as we watch lol
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

Selection Show is on at 7 pm for WBB! I know Nac is doing a watch party at BWW...we might order some to have as we watch lol
I'll pretend to be there watching with you if you will pretend to serve me wings. I'll even pretend to bring some beer.
Pilotgirl
We won't be in Nac but we will have some Austin Eastciders and wings for ya!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

We won't be in Nac but we will have some Austin Eastciders and wings for ya!
That works since I'm in Ohio. I can pretend to be in Austin. LOL
djsfw57
Playing North Carolina in Tucson. I'm good. Tough game for sure, but they haven't faced the Ladyjacks. :-)
jboy93
North Carolina. What do we know about them?
djsfw57
jboy93 said:

North Carolina. What do we know about them?
Ranked #18, record is 23-6. They played 6 ranked teams this year and lost to 4 of them. It will be a tough game, but the Ladyjacks are tough. I look forward to seeing how we compete with them.
TallTexan
They do not play a tall lineup.

Their top 6 players, who average over 20 minutes a game, are all under 6'2.
jboy93
Ga Tech beat them by 17!
nacluth
Trying to get tickets to the Saturday game. Flying from Texas to Tucson is a minimum $600 for basic economy right now. I have flown many times direct for $200. Phoenix is about $75 cheaper.
TallTexan
Got an all SFA coaching matchup in GT vs Kansas.
nacluth
North Carolina's worst loss was to a then #18 ranked Georgia Tech (End of year NET 28).

SFA's best win was against Houston (NET 78).

UNC is a top notch team. It's a shame they pulled a 5 seed.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Trying to get tickets to the Saturday game. Flying from Texas to Tucson is a minimum $600 for basic economy right now. I have flown many times direct for $200. Phoenix is about $75 cheaper.

It's outrageous! Gonna wait and see wait tickets look like tomorrow. I'm tempted to drive it but can't get V on board with that.
nacluth
I've driven out there a couple of times. It's two solid 8 hour days or one 6am to 10pm day. It's not a bad drive at 85 for a lot of it, but it sucks for a turnaround trip.
Pilotgirl
Yeah, the return would be the issue. Going there, no problem...
SFAJack_76
UNC coach knew absolutely nothing about the Ladyjacks. Suspect she's having fun watching tape.
Pilotgirl
I'm going to message Wally tomorrow but tickets for the game are $20. I can't believe they are so cheap....yall don't even want to know how much I spent on tickets when we were in Dallas with the MBB in 2018!
Pilotgirl
Just goes to show that we have a lot to work on !
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

UNC coach knew absolutely nothing about the Ladyjacks. Suspect she's having fun watching tape.

I'd like to see the look on her face when she watches tape. I have a feeling she is in for a huge surprise.
BigJack85
That interview was pretty telling. They don't have a clue about us. UNC is worried about Arizona and UNLV.
TallTexan
That was right after it was announced, and I get it, coaches don't know every team in the country.

But I'd love to see her face watching film of the Ladyjacks.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

That was right after it was announced, and I get it, coaches don't know every team in the country.

But I'd love to see her face watching film of the Ladyjacks.

I "hope" they are watching Arizona and UNLV film. Not likely but ….
Pilotgirl
So did they not watch games from last year tournament? We will be a difficult match up, especially if you underestimate us. I'm hoping to see if I can watch some of their games from this season.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

This is 6:30 CT, per Kayla!
nacluth
I'm glad that the two games don't overlap. Guys in the afternoon to warm things up, then the ladies in prime time!
nacluth
Some love for the Ladyjacks.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/03/14/womens-march-madness-bracket-analysis-picks
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Some love for the Ladyjacks.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/03/14/womens-march-madness-bracket-analysis-picks
Thanks for that link. I really enjoyed reading this. Nice to see that someone knows about SFA.
Pilotgirl
Flights purchased. It's given me so much anxiety because they were so flipping expensive. Tickets to the game are $22. We would be the visitor, yes? Anyone know what section I should buy tickets in?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.