SFA / New Mexico State (2)

12,799 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA88
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks have the longest active conference win record in Las Cruces.
BigJack85
We just looked like a team of destiny tonight. Everything they threw at us. Took every punch.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Anyone who says that Keller can't coach wasn't watching the game tonight. He rotated players like a master chess champion. (Got to credit his assistants on that, too.)
jboy93
All players double digits in minutes played. Keeps everyone as fresh as possible! Love it.
jboy93
Would love to see Nigel get on track Saturday.
nacluth
I'm just going to keep posting it.

SFASawmillGuy
Enjoy this one for 24 hours, but we will face NMSU again in WAC Vegas. That will be the biggest conference game probably in SFA history.
SFAXE93
Yeah, NMSU got Duked!
TallTexan
Still so dang excited for these guys. Need to take care of business and hope Chicago St or UVU comes through for us.
Rev007
McCants is tough to guard. I didn't read all the comments, but Nana showed his value in this game. Hall is a very good player, but he can't defend against 6'9" - 7'. I used to cringe when Nana would enter because he is turnover prone, but he rose to the occasion. The NMSU game could be Nana's next step in taking his game to the next level.
No-look
Ballwatch said:

Locker room reaction video should be a good one, maybe Coach K can channel his inner Coach Carthel and go in shirtless?
hoping a video will be showing soon
No-look
Figured MasterAxe would have chimed in by now?
SFAJack_76
Great team win. The freshmen are growing up before our eyes. Nana stepped in when Solomon didn't have his best game. Gavin and David did what they do, although Gavin's free throw shooting drives me nuts. He can make 7 in a row, and then barely find the rim. At 4-4, who thought 13-4 was possible? I did not.

Given the circumstances, is this a top five win in recent history?
SFASawmillGuy
Sucks that after all this there's still a strong possibility we end up the 3 seed in the conference tournament, but we're red hot right now so I'd pick us against anyone. Just hope our 3 games aren't against Sam, Seattle, and then NMSU.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

Sucks that after all this there's still a strong possibility we end up the 3 seed in the conference tournament, but we're red hot right now so I'd pick us against anyone. Just hope our 3 games aren't against Sam, Seattle, and then NMSU.

Still a rough route to the NCAA tournament.
TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy said:

That would be a terrible draw. I'm hoping for one of those two dropping a game and us sliding into the 2 seed.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Given the circumstances, is this a top five win in recent history?
Here's my top 5 of the Keller era:
#1 Duke (first #1/ranked victory)
#2 LSU (first P5/6 victory)
#3 LA Tech (first real emotional victory)
#4 SELA (first team to win three games in three days in Katy/first NCAA bid)
#5 NMSU (first win in Las Cruces/helped secure first WAC title*)

Baylor victory by a disintegrating team and this year's Buffalo victory probably at 6/7 for me.
djsfw57
Boy, what a difference a few weeks makes! When we were 4-4 in conference, I remember fearing we would not even make the WAC tournament. These guys have transformed in a big way since then. I keep thinking about how many freshmen we have, and how GOOD they are. This team has a very bright future.
nacluth
djsfw57 said:

Boy, what a difference a few weeks makes! When we were 4-4 in conference, I remember fearing we would not even make the WAC tournament.
I prefer the winning out too, but a 4 win team would be have locked up their WACVegas invite last week. I would like to see Chicago State hit 4 wins. UTRGV not so much.
djsfw57
From the NMSU athletics website:

"NM State saw its 32-game home winning streak in WAC play come to an end with Wednesday night's loss. Additionally, Aggie head coach Chris Jans dropped his first-ever home game in league action. His record in home WAC games now sits at 30-1."

Have to admit that put a big grin on my face.
MasterAxe
No-look said:

Figured MasterAxe would have chimed in by now?
i am here!

Watched the whole game, thought we played our ASSES off in a game that really meant something.

Nana, I thought, had some really good minutes, even though the box score may not show it.

Gotta admit, when we fell behind by double digits, did not like where the game was headed.

I really think Tezeno & Hall are going to be absolute studs. And Hall taking a few outside jumpers was a really really nice thing to see.

I was going to post throughout the game, but I was multi-tasking with the game and Call of Duty lol.

Now, let's wipe away UTRGV and see what happens with the rest of the league.

And the comments section on the NMSU Twitter feed was GOLD. SOLID GOLD.
djsfw57
From the NMSU Basketball message board:

"SFA Defense is relentless. On every pass every possession."

One more big grin on my face. It's been a good day.
SFASawmillGuy
If we take care of business in Vegas, we will be a very dangerous team in the big dance. Our team has had its low points this year, but when they're hot I'd put them on par with the Jacks that took down WVU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

I keep thinking about how many freshmen we have, and how GOOD they are. This team has a very bright future.
And we'll have two (maybe three) very experienced top notch recruits joining them in the Fall. We'll also need a big man to replace Gavin. But enough of that for now. The Jacks still have unfinished business this season.
BigJack85
What is the NMSU message board. I googled,,, didn't find an active forum.
nacluth
https://247sports.com/college/new-mexico-state/board/sports-trough-103615/
No-look
Anyone seen a locker room postgame video ? Gotta be one out there somewhere
purpleballs
nacluth said:

Funny how when we beat a good team, their fans do nothing but complain about how bad their team played and if they didn't turn the ball over so many times they would of won.

Is it just that hard to understand that our style of defense creates those turnovers?
djsfw57
purpleballs said:

nacluth said:

Funny how when we beat a good team, their fans do nothing but complain about how bad their team played and if they didn't turn the ball over so many times they would of won.

Is it just that hard to understand that our style of defense creates those turnovers?
I noticed that too. Some of them were pretty brutal towards their team. Another thing I noticed is that no one was trash talking SFA, which surprised me. I normally see that when I look at other boards.

And is it just me, or does McCants look like he's about 38?
SFASawmillGuy
purpleballs said:

nacluth said:

I think NMSU fans see themselves as being so far above the rest of the league that finally having an equal in the conference is foreign to them. They were to the WAC what we were to the Southland. Outside of a down year, we were the premiere SLC team. They have been the premiere WAC team.
Once they leave we will be back to being the premiere team in our conference, at least while we stay in the WAC.
No-look
True story. Waited until game to turn on game. Batteries wouldn't work on Roku remote. Finally figured out what the problem was… 1.3 seconds left they are going to try and miss a free throw. Wife Hands me the Roku remote and accidentally turned game off. I had to scurry to Twitter to see if we won.
djsfw57
No-look said:

True story. Waited until game to turn on game. Batteries wouldn't work on Roku remote. Finally figured out what the problem was… 1.3 seconds left they are going to try and miss a free throw. Wife Hands me the Roku remote and accidentally turned game off. I had to scurry to Twitter to see if we won.
Is she still alive?
No-look
djsfw57 said:

No-look said:

Is she still alive?
yes but she's walking with a bad limp
djsfw57
No-look said:

djsfw57 said:

No-look said:

Is she still alive?
yes but she's walking with a bad limp
She's damn lucky I'd say. <eg>
SFA88
This is spot on. No team in the WAC has been a threat to NMSU for several years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.