SFA / Sam Houston (2)

8,328 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (18-8, 10-4) vs. Sam Houston (17-11, 12-3)

WHEN: FEB 24 (THU) 6:30P.M.
WHERE: William R. Johnson Coliseum (Nacogdoches, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

Since the last time we played the Bearkats in Huntsville a month ago, they lost to Seattle, Utah Valley, played a nail biter with Cal Baptist, and basically rolled through everyone else. We lost to Seattle, New Mexico St., played a nail biter with Cal Baptist, and basically rolled through everyone else.

Our first meeting was an offensive embarrassment where the Jacks scored less points than they had in a decade. The fact that Sam couldn't crack 50 either was only slight comfort. That complete ineffectiveness caused Coach Keller to change our offense to find ways for our freshmen to succeed. It has resulted in a 6 game win streak through the basement of the WAC.

Now comes the real test: Sam, ACU, and New Mexico State in a week.

Savion Flagg is still doing his thing for Sam, but he has continued to show very streaky numbers for his team. When he's rattled, he becomes very unproductive. Fortunately for him Jaden Ray has really developed as the steadying hand for this Sam team. Combined with solid performances each game by Lampley and Ikpe, Hooten has his best team ever. Tough defensively and able to score from all areas of the court. A game out from NMSU, they still think they can steal the WAC crown this season. If they win out, and SFA knocks off the Aggies, they just might do it.

Kensmil and Solomon have been playing on another plane lately. Posey has really developed as a consistent guard and is the third leading scorer for the team over the last month. David is still our best distributor but is still trying to get back to his preseason shooting form.

This game is going to come down to defense and who can step up to help our bigs on offense. David, Jossell, Tezeno, Willis are going to have to end their streaky offensive output for our team to get over this final hump.

The Jacks have played an outstanding season as a group. These last two weeks are going to be something special.

Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
I'm planning on being in Nacogdoches Thursday. Doing my part to prevent Prison Tech glee.
BigJack85
Excellent write up Ryan.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Great job as usual, Ryan. I'm on a cruise ship somewhere in the Pacific, so I can't be there, but if the ship's WiFi is working OK, I'll be watching with my fingers and toes crossed.
jboy93
I'll be there making sure Hooten hears me loud and proud. Dang I hope our freaken student body can get off their lazy butts and come support this team for this game!!!!
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Great job as usual, Ryan. I'm on a cruise ship somewhere in the Pacific, so I can't be there, but if the ship's WiFi is working OK, I'll be watching with my fingers and toes crossed.
You out there looking for that cargo ship on fire with your sports car on it?!?!?
BigJack85
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

You out there looking for that cargo ship on fire with your sports car on it?!?!?

Wrong ocean.
jboy93
BigJack85 said:

jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Wrong ocean.
Never know about Ed...lol!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

That ship had already sailed for me long ago. (Sailing back now to LA from Hawaii. Eat your heart out, Jeremy.)
PurpleOut
Staff
Jovan is going to be the DJ Thursday night.

Pretty sure some of us talked about that before
nacluth
I love Serbian EDM!
SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

God I miss the roar of around 7000 people going crazy in the coliseum when Jovan would enter the game. Mostly because that meant we were up by 20.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Tallest DJ in America right?
Rev007
Can't wait for the game

Hoping we don't start slow and have to work uphill to trim the deficit.
BigJack85
Rev007 said:

Can't wait for the game

Hoping we don't start slow and have to work uphill to trim the deficit.

Are you making it to Nacogdoches?
Rev007
Sad to say, but I'm living in Northern California. I'll try to make it to the WAC Tourney.
SFAXE93
Tacos, what more could you ask for?

BigJack85
Rev007 said:

Sad to say, but I'm living in Northern California. I'll try to make it to the WAC Tourney.

No worries. I thought you were in Texas , somewhere. LOL.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Rev007 said:

No worries. I thought you were in Texas , somewhere. LOL.
Lol I thought that was DH's account this whole time.
nacluth
Think that's TheRevSFA.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Think that's TheRevSFA.
Who let all these preachers up in here?
Rev007
I wish I had the requisite knowledge and speaking ability to be a pastor. Rev007 is from my prior career when I was a special agent for Internal Revenue Service. Please don't hold this against me….haha
nacluth
Permanent ban.
nacluth
Ok, now I get the 007 joke. You're back in.
Rev007
It's a tough group…haha
Rev007
Let's all focus on the task at hand…..whip those Kats and send them back to prison!
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Ok, now I get the 007 joke. You're back in.

"They're giving you a number, and they're takin' away your name..."
Rev007
I think what is worse than IRS is working for a company that asked me what is my preferred pronoun. That wouldn't fly in East Texas.
jboy93
The crowd did the national anthem!
jboy93
What a start!!!!
Rev007
Fantastic start!
nacluth
More points in 3 than in 19 at Sam.
Rev007
David is much more aggressive in looking for his shot.
purpleballs
Closing in on our halftime points from last game.
nacluth
On track for that 100-20 victory
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.