SFA / Lamar (2)

3,498 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good end to the second half. Jossell needs to find his shot!
nacluth
Seattle drills a final possession three for the win over CBU.
No-look
Sure wish we hadn't dropped that Tarleton game.
Pilotgirl
Rev007 said:

I'm seeing some Ty Charles in Tezeno.

I miss Ty!!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm on a ship in the Pacific and was unable to watch, but I'm ecstatic to now read that Tezeno is finally getting the court time that he deserves.

I still shake my head that Willis has gotten all of the minutes that he has, resulting in very little production, while Tezeno has only been getting wood splinters in his behind from riding the deep end of the bench.
nacluth
Tezeno had a great game, and if he continues, then I would chalk it up to good development.

Keller has maintained for years that he will not play freshmen until they can have success. He has said that he doesn't want them to struggle in game situations and then have to overcome mental hurdles. He consistently takes players out when they are not performing well and rewarding players with more time when they do well. I think we have just finally gotten to a point in the year when Tezeno can succeed on court.

I don't think it's surprising that it was against a winless Lamar. I doubt he'll get equal playing time against Sam Houston, but I bet he'll get some. Willis is a one and done for us, so giving him time doesn't hurt his development process.
nacluth
Also, I've been impressed with Cofer in his limited minutes, but I think we'll see more of him if he earns it in practice. But I think these first years (mainly on the bench) are huge in the growth of players.
jboy93
jboy93 said:

Good end to the second half. Jossell needs to find his shot!
10 of 50 over las 8 games from 3!!!
Rev007
Yes, I agree. His shooting has been horrendous. If he is not shooting well, he adds very little value to the team, same with Willis. However, I'm hoping the last two games gave Willis more confidence.
No-look
Rev007 said:

Yes, I agree. His shooting has been horrendous. If he is not shooting well, he adds very little value to the team, same with Willis. However, I'm hoping the last two games gave Willis more confidence.
jossell is solid in my opinion. Like his defense and overall play. But it sure helps when he's on.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Rev007 said:

jossell is solid in my opinion. Like his defense and overall play. But it sure helps when he's on.
Agree with your opinion on Jossell.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.