SFA / Chicago State

5,479 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nacluth
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aku is a high level transfer?
Rev007
Plenty of positives tonight
djsfw57
I wish someone would explain to Mr. TV Announcer that the ground is outside. The foul is on the floor, not the ground.

PS One 3 pointer isn't enough to help me understand Willis getting playing time. I just don't get it.
SFA, Class of 1979
jboy93
Any reason Cofer doesn't see ANY floor time?
SFAJack_76
Playing time is earned. Smith said in the post game that Tezeno had some really good practices this week, and before the game Keller said he was going to have a good one tonight.

It takes freshmen a while to catch up to D1 basketball.

BigJack85
Solid, grind it out with defense win. Tezeno is the real deal. He's earned some time. Tezeno should be a big contributor next season.
BigJack85
djsfw57 said:

I wish someone would explain to Mr. TV Announcer that the ground is outside. The foul is on the floor, not the ground.

PS One 3 pointer isn't enough to help me understand Willis getting playing time. I just don't get it.

I to, have doubts about Willis. My take is that Keller is building some plan b options for WACVegas. You never know. Right?
nacluth
Great game. SFA fans were good for a fairly uninterested away crowd. Talked with the grandfather of one of our new assistants through the game.

Derrick played well for his minutes. Solomon definitely brought the energy. Did not like Kensmil's blow to the head, but he seemed to not have lasting effects. Hawkins a no show but we didn't really need him. Nana looked better. Easy 20 point win. Look forward to what we can do at home against the same team next week.
SFAJack_76
Attendance 142.
Pilotgirl
Wow...142. And thats with a big group of SFA fans!
No-look
Brutal CSU coach interview after the game. Felt bad for the guy
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

Brutal CSU coach interview after the game. Felt bad for the guy
I felt bad for him too. It's his first year as a HC with not a ton of experience, last night seemed over his head. Switching to a 3-2 zone was a baffling choice to me, knowing it should be pretty easy to scout to see that we want to get the ball down low as much as possible. The 3-2 instead of a 2-3 made that easier.

But like everyone else, pleased with the performance last night. Can't be upset with a 20-point road win against anyone. But we should beat this team by 30+ next week.

We really need Kachelries to start playing better to have a chance in Vegas. He played fine last night, but it's his shot that has been off for weeks. He's not close on wide open threes. But he's been solid at getting to the rim and distributing.

JJP was very hit or miss last night, which is fine it happens. But his overall defense is a big part of our game. That block he had in a 2 on 1 break for CSU was amazing.

As much as we like to rag on announcers, I thought the two calling the game last night were terrific. They were the most prepared broadcast that I've seen this year. Which, I think it being Chicago State is the most surprising part of that. The color guy really knew his stuff, he even called out a play by Walkup in our game vs Utah from 2015.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 142.
My goodness they are a UIW clone.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 142.
I think UIW draws more of a crowd than this...?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 142.

I guess the decision-makers at the WAC needed to fill the attendance gap that'll occur when Chicago State departs.
BigJack85
We are going to be loaded next year, at the 1 & 2 slots. Cajuste, Roti, Jamille, Tezano etc. We need quality transfers at the 3,4 slots. Give Solomon a breather Maybe a little depth. Or actually have a little depth.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

We are going to be loaded next year, at the 1 & 2 slots. Cajuste, Roti, Jamille, Tezano etc. We need quality transfers at the 3,4 slots. Give Solomon a breather Maybe a little depth. Or actually have a little depth.
We sure Roti will be back?

I think he might have played too many games for a medical redshirt this year but I could be wrong.
No-look
BigJack85 said:

How many have actually signed so far? How many projected spots open?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

We sure Roti will be back?

I think he might have played too many games for a medical redshirt this year but I could be wrong.
He can apply for a medical redshirt. With the NCAA, who knows.
Jacks4460
Roti will be back..Already applied for a medical Redshirt.
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

With the time that I've seen him on the bench , I assumed he was very tuned into the program Has qualities that we all noticed in Desmond Haymon
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

BigJack85 said:

How many have actually signed so far? How many projected spots open?

Just based on what's been posted in the Recruiting forum, we've signed three - Daniels, Cajuste, and Smith. No idea how many open spots we'll have.
cboothe09
Just three seniors. Apparently Roti has applied for a medical redshirt. That makes it two seniors if it is approved. We had one transfer already in Moor. I'm sure there will be natural attrition but those are the only current openings…
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Just three seniors. Apparently Roti has applied for a medical redshirt. That makes it two seniors if it is approved. We had one transfer already in Moor. I'm sure there will be natural attrition but those are the only current openings…

Willis is also a senior, which makes four before a medical redshirt for Roti.
No-look
I'm assuming that with what we have left we are going after bigs? Losing Kensmil is HUGE
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Jacks4460 said:

With the time that I've seen him on the bench , I assumed he was very tuned into the program Has qualities that we all noticed in Desmond Haymon

Roti is the ultimate teammate and leader by example on and off the court.. He believes in Coach Keller and the way he leads our team.. Desmond is a great comparison..
No-look
ESPN WAC schedule has our game Wednesday at 3:00 I'm assuming that's an error?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

ESPN WAC schedule has our game Wednesday at 3:00 I'm assuming that's an error?
Now ESPN shows it at 2:00, which is what the Chicago State site has. SFA site still shows 6:30. Can't imagine why that wouldn't still be true.
nacluth
Probably someone confused the men's and women's game. The Ladyjacks play today at 3:00pm (2:00 mountain). I'm sure the mens game will be in the evening on Wednesday. I don't know how CSU screwed it up.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.