Ladyjacks vs GCU

5,775 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Huge game Monday at 7:00 CST. In spite of having only one conference loss, GCU comes in with a NET of 203. Very guard centric team that leads the WAC in steals and three point shots. Point guard Amara Graham, grad transfer from UTRGV, leads the way. GCU attendance tends to be around 400 to 500.

How do we respond from a big game on Saturday, followed by travel to Phoenix on Sunday? The desire will be there. Will the legs?
nacluth
I don't have any doubts about whether we should win this game. CBU, ACU, Lamar are for sure at the top of the contenders pile. Is GCU? I guess we'll see how they do at home.

The Ladyjacks had me dreaming yesterday. I have no plans on waking up.
SFAXE93
SFA 3-3 on the road

7 of the next 9 on the road.

Should be interesting!

Axe'Em

Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Huge game Monday at 7:00 CST. In spite of having only one conference loss, GCU comes in with a NET of 203. Very guard centric team that leads the WAC in steals and three point shots. Point guard Amara Graham, grad transfer from UTRGV, leads the way. GCU attendance tends to be around 400 to 500.

How do we respond from a big game on Saturday, followed by travel to Phoenix on Sunday? The desire will be there. Will the legs?

GCU has just played their rival, NMSU,and won with a buzzer beater 2. So, their legs might not be the freshest either.
Pilotgirl
SFAXE93 said:

SFA 3-3 on the road

7 of the next 9 on the road.

Should be interesting!

Axe'Em

Those 3 were back in Nov/Dec. We actually played really well against #24 A&M, especially in the 4th qtr. The Gonzaga and Portland games were in December during the same trip. We are playing better ball as a team now, especially having our team back together (minus AB for injury) at the start of Feb. We are right where we need to be. As some have pointed out on other boards, we haven't had close games as we beat opponents by double digits. Does this mean we won't drop a couple on the road? Every team has an off night or 2 but it would not surprise me if we either go undefeated or have just one loss.

Other than GCU...maybe ACU as a loss? SAM might cause us some trouble when we play them again as they are playing much better with their coach back. Those are the ones I'm most concerned about.
Pilotgirl
We beat the conference pre-season favorite by SEVENTEEN points. SAM beat them by 8. Their undefeated conference record went back to Feb 2020. Not only does that tell me about CBU, it also informs me a but about the rest of the league. This is our ship to steer or sink.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
I saw this!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76

Pilotgirl
jboy93
Only non conference same opponent is UTSA. They won 62-52. We beat UTSA 77-50. The lopes might get a reality check tonight! GO LADYJACKS!
nacluth
GCU came with a lot of energy early. SFA is going to have to settle in.
BigJack85
Have we not seen a press before tonight? LOL.
nacluth
Teams are looking to turn it over 25 a piece at this point.
nacluth
Total BS on that 10 second call. That was one of the worst calls I've seen.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

It was about 7 seconds.
jboy93
nacluth said:

With only my dog here at the house with me, that may or not be what I said too!
nacluth
I just rewatched it. The ref counted out 5!!! seconds. Total crap.
jboy93
They're over the back every rebound.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I hate broadcasts using the cute WAC "fan" after replays. There have been a dozen following plays missed this season by waiting for that thing to finish.
jboy93
I'm going to have to take my shoes off to be able to keep up with missed layups!
No-look
Missing open layups
nacluth
And hit free throws
jboy93
Johnson gets so lazy sometimes!
BigJack85
Geeezzzz. We need to conduct a joint - Ladyjack/Lumberjack "under the rim" clinic.
jboy93
Shooting 28% and only down 5! I'll take that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Geeezzzz. We need to conduct a joint - Ladyjack/Lumberjack "under the rim" clinic.

How many point blank shots did we miss? At least 10.
nacluth
A little home cooking on a couple of calls but it's really our execution on the offense that's keeping us down.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Only 2 of 12 on 3 pointers and several missed layups. That said still have the 2nd half to correct and get on top.
GCU not exactly killing either shooting wise so still wide open game.
nacluth
Kellogg is one of the best and refocusing his teams. I'm looking for a dominant second half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Missing layups, free throws, and threes. Other than that, shooting well.
Pilotgirl
Just gotta make those shots. Don't count us out yet. If it were the mens team, I'd prolly just call it a night.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Have we not seen a press before tonight? LOL.
Not as good as GCU, no.
Pilotgirl
So, yall gotta remember that COVID has run thru this team, they played a hard game on Saturday, hopped on a plane yesterday to make up this game, and are playing tonight. That's a short turn around. We will be fine, even if we drop this game.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.