SFA vs Lamar

7,327 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jboy93
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saying that we have doubled our last game's output.
RedRiverLa
Rob Meyers "I remember the days when we used to have crowds in here"
No-look
Now, all you negative Nancy's repent!
Rev007
Player of the Game: Jossell

Runner-up: David

Honorable Mention: Diego "Savior" Willis
nacluth
Easy win just like it was drawn up.
PurpleOut
Staff
Thanks goodness. I was cancelling the event on Saturday if we would have lost.

Ok not really, but I would have had a huge dark cloud over my head.
wahlwesle
I'll take the win, but the only thing that looked worse than the Jacks tonight was the cameraman. We put it together late, but it should've never been that close.
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

You're right, a great come from behind W with a comfortable 8 point dismantling of a strong 2-15 (0-6) WAC team. Plus, we scored well over 12 by halftime, even though we were behind. LOL. Plus, I think the crowd should get the game ball - well, at least that one lady we could hear easily (Keller's wife).

Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
PurpleOut
Staff
We HAVE to have Nigel back this weekend. As ok as Willis played, GCU and NMSU will be 10000x harder than Lamar.

Driving in on Thursday. Win or lose.......let's have some fun.
RedRiverLa
Ladyjacks, with all their bigs out, still beat a scrappy Lamar team by 12. Well coached. Kellog is one of the best bball coaches, period.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
No-look
In defense of Lamar they played a decent game. Hit a lot of free throws.
purpleballs
RedRiverLa said:

No-look said:

You're right, a great come from behind W with a comfortable 8 point dismantling of a strong 2-15 (0-6) WAC team. Plus, we scored well over 12 by halftime, even though we were behind. LOL. Plus, I think the crowd should get the game ball - well, at least that one lady we could hear easily (Keller's wife).

It's getting old
sfajack05
I'm not looking forward to Thursday and Saturday with the way they have been playing.

Hopefully this is a spark or something.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05 said:

I'm not looking forward to Thursday and Saturday with the way they have been playing.

Hopefully this is a spark or something.
Agreed.

But let's try to be a spark ourselves. Small crowd tonight, but it definitely seemed loud at the end. Let's be better this weekend.
BigJack85
Why isn't Derrick Tezeno getting more time ?
nacluth
Because he looks lost. He got about 5 minutes tonight and would have been empty on the stat sheet except for a turnover. The positive is that he looks like he's trying to play in system. The negative is that he's not doing much in that system.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
Reading game threads after the game is entertaining. Some of you are a riot.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Because he looks lost. He got about 5 minutes tonight and would have been empty on the stat sheet except for a turnover. The positive is that he looks like he's trying to play in system. The negative is that he's not doing much in that system.

He didn't look lost against Sam. He was half a step faster than all but Savion Flagg. Made a couple of real well timed drives to the bucket against Sam. He didn't show against Lamar but I'm convinced he has the metal.
No-look
Not sure of the crowd attendance but they got into it the second half. Missed the band.
wahlwesle
If you get the chance, listen to the post game interview with Keller. It almost makes me feel bad for being negative towards the team right now. He basically put their troubles on having Roti, Nigel, and Nana out. It seems, from his comments, that the guys are a little down with the absences. It's forcing guys to play in ways they aren't used to.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just listened to the after game presser and have to admit that Keller made some good points about the current struggles. I would suggest a listen if you have access.
He mentioned that with Roti and now Hawkins out that we have become a jump shooting team instead of driving in the lane that I guess Roti and Nigel do well. Said that some guys are being asked to do different things on the court to cover the others. Mentioned that Hall has hit a freshman wall because the other teams are guarding him differently now than he was used to. Also mentioned that with those guys out plus Nana that the team was questioning themselves about being competitive with some top players out. Definitely made some good points about why SFA is where they are right now.
Also mentioned the crowd a few times. Can tell he is still disappointed in crowd sizes although admits that Covid is certainly holding the crowds down right now. Basically said that we need big crowds to have a real home court advantage to have a shot at winning these next two.

So my repentance is that sometimes I have to look at the whole story and get past my desperate desires to win every game and make SFA basketball known far and wide due to our success.

Now I am refocused for the coming weekend and the Saturday Section.
SFAJack_76
Roti, Gavin, and David really like each other. They really like playing together. Eight months or so ago, they collectively decided to come back together for their super senior season. Due to no fault of theirs, they had not been able to win a championship. This would be that chance! Suddenly, one of the three is gone for the season. The three will not play together again.

Add that the two assistants that they had become close to are gone. Add in the pandemic where they don't know on any given day who can play, and who can't. I know the last two years has been exhausting to me. I can only imagine what it has been for them.

There are no locker room issues. Keller has not suddenly gone stupid. It takes time for four coaches that have never worked together to mesh.

Show up Thursday and Saturday, and give our kids the support they need. It's been a tough go.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Not sure of the crowd attendance but they got into it the second half. Missed the band.
jboy93
SFAJack_76 said:

No-look said:

I certainly made sure they could hear me!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.