SFA / Wiley College

3,157 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by djsfw57
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (6-2) vs. Wiley College (6-3)

WHEN: DEC 4 (SAT) 4:30P.M.
WHERE: William R. Johnson Coliseum (Nacogdoches, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

The second of two tune up games before next week's Hall of Fame Classic showdown against Liberty will be against the Wiley College Wildcats. This will be the second game of the only doubleheader this season at WRJ. Come out early to catch the dominant Ladyjacks play Our Lady of the Lake.

This will be the 10th matchup all time with the Wildcats. The last time we played them almost exactly one decade ago, the Jacks prevailed with a 6 point win. The only time that Wiley won was in the early 80's.

Like we have seen all year, when Kensmil and company get focused, few teams can match up with them. But it's hard to stay focused in a game you feel you should waltz through. The Jacks should keep the beat though as they continue to develop players and schemes in today's game.

Axe 'em!
No-look
Is there any way to record the game on ESPN+ ?
No-look
First home game to miss this year. Gave my tickets away to a family of four so my seats will be filled.
nacluth
No-look said:

Is there any way to record the game on ESPN+ ?
You can pull up the replay after the game is over on ESPN+.
nacluth
About an hour from game time, 71-22 Ladyjacks after 3Q.
nacluth
Ladyjacks cruise 90-31.
RedRiverLa
10 minutes until game time, looks like a Ladyjack size crowd.
SFAJack_76
Hawkins is suited up, and will play.
SFAXE93
Jackson-Posey in street clothes

boot on the leg
BigJack85
Ball movement good. On ball pressure is solid. A few kinks but "all in all" they seem to be jelling…
purpleballs
I'm not a fan of the way Keller takes someone out immediately after a mistake.
No-look
SFAXE93 said:

Jackson-Posey in street clothes

boot on the leg
Can anyone elaborate?
purpleballs
Hall is a player.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purpleballs said:

Hall is a player.

So smooth, especially on his shots. He's definitely the biggest "find" of this recruiting class.
jboy93
Shooting great from all areas. Just letting them have a few too many easy baskets. We should dominate because we are far superior to Wiley.
nacluth
Hall with 20/6 in the 58 point first half. He likes being a starter.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Anybody at the game...we need an update on Jossell . Glad Hawkins is back but a boot on Posey and now Jossell left with injury.
jboy93
Someone let the announcer know those are not hook shots!
SFAXE93
HALL PTS:28;REB:10;BLK:5;STL:1;AST:2
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Anybody at the game...we need an update on Jossell . Glad Hawkins is back but a boot on Posey and now Jossell left with injury.

Right knee. Not moving good.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hawkins shooting better than I thought he would this quickly.
nacluth
100-76. Everyone scored but Nana.
BigJack85
We looked much more confident in the "up paced" defense. A victory over Liberty would paint a pretty solid picture, going into Kansas.
RedRiverLa
Very impressed with Hall. Scoring was great but he was all over the place. It seems it's been a while since I've seen a player with that enthusiasm and energy take over a game.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

HALL PTS:28;REB:10;BLK:5;STL:1;AST:2
Ten rebounds and five blocks. Sure it was Wiley, but for a 6'5" guy to do that against anyone is outstanding. His vertical must be really good, but it is how quick he gets up that stands out for me. Not the biggest guy on the floor, but outworks nearly everybody.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hawkins shooting better than I thought he would this quickly.
Likewise. One practice, that is all he has had since getting cleared on Thursday. He also is more vocal on the floor. Guiding and directing others. Something that our super seniors are not. Getting Nigel back is huge.
No-look
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

anyone have an update on Jossell and Posey? Looks like one step forward and two steps back with injuries.
SFAXE93

F:#3 SADAIDRIENE HALL 6-5; 200 Sulpher Springs, Texas (Sulphur Springs/East Tenn State) (Fr.)
  • All State
  • Set High School Records for points scored, rebounds, and assists
  • Career best 38 points 22 rebounds in one game
  • #35 Player in the State (TX) <Rivals>
GP:9;GS:3;FG%:.615;FT%:.833;RBG:6.0;PPG:11.1/AST:14;BLK:15;STL:11

Rev007
From watching the last two games, we have spurts where we look unstoppable, but then the opposite occurs. I realize basketball games generally have these highs and lows, but ours are extreme. Since I propose the glass is half full, this is encouraging to me.

Very worried about Posey and Jossell not being available for the Kansas game. However, I'm stoked about the production displayed by Hall. This is a question for everyone. How does Hall's freshman start compare to Kevon's? For sure, Kevon is a better shooter and Hall has better footwork fundamentals in the paint.

I'm impressed how Posey picks up his man at half court and harasses him the rest of the way. I love the effort, reminds me of John. Why can't one or two more exert the same effort? Don't we want to get back to wreaking havoc and being deservedly referred to as Press U?

Not sure if this has been talked about, but Calvin can handle the ball well. He just needs to give it up to a guard more often as he crosses half court.
Rev007
Probably should have posted in the main thread.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I must have missed something. What is Posey's issue?
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I must have missed something. What is Posey's issue?
wearing a boot at the game.
Pilotgirl
I keep forgetting that Hall is a Freshman!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

I keep forgetting that Hall is a Freshman!
I honestly don't remember the last time I got this excited watching an SFA freshman. He is spectacular. I can only imagine what he will be like with some more experience.
SFA, Class of 1979
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.