SFA / South Dakota State

11,140 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PurpleOut
purpleballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfajack05 said:

jboy93 said:

Just baffled why students don't show up? What the heck did they have better to do at 2 pm on a Sunday afternoon! Amazing

Apparently they needed to rest and catch up on work.
School should deactivate their meal plan for a day or two if they don't attend home games.

I kid, but there has to be a way to get students to games. Those kids bust their asses year round only to play in front of 2,000 middle aged or older fans. I'm in that category so hoping I didn't offend anyone.
No-look
Trying to find Keller's comments after the game
Pilotgirl
It's on Facebook
SFA Jack Fanatic
SDSU is #9 on this week's just-released Mid Major MBB poll.
SFASawmillGuy
This loss is not as bad as we are making it out to be. We were highly competitive with them for most of the game but it almost reminded me of the BOTPW where we outplayed them most of the game only to fail to finish. This team just needs to learn how to keep the intensity and finish strong. All this means is we aren't going to be undefeated.
SFA Jack Fanatic
After the game Keller said that SDSU was one of the best teams to ever come into WRJ. He also said that getting Nigel Hawkins back "in a couple of weeks" will be like getting a new transfer. And as someone said previously, Keller was very disappointed (understatement) in the small attendance for such a big game.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just to echo some thoughts that have already been share, I agree we played pretty well overall. SDSU is a very good team that plays much better...as a team. We are just not there yet in that respect, we still saw a lot of silly turnovers just due to miscommunication. Stuff like that will come with time.

We didn't shoot bad overall either, just missed WAY too many at the rim. Calvin bless his heart, there's no way he can miss that many like that again.

You take those two points above and turn them the other way and yesterday would be completely different. But that's basketball.

The refs were solid as mentioned. However they had two iffy calls late in the second that got SDSU 4 FTs that started that run of theirs to put it away. Not saying anything other than that started a run.

I will also comment on whomever mentioned leadership, I don't see a lot of it either. And yesterday sitting where we did reaffirmed that Gavin is really the only vocal leader that we have. David doesn't say a word on the court. I don't know. He and Roti just looked out of it all game yesterday, beginning and warmups.

I'll take my comments on the crowd and students over to the other thread. Twitter was a disaster last night.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Just to echo some thoughts that have already been share, I agree we played pretty well overall. SDSU is a very good team that plays much better...as a team. We are just not there yet in that respect, we still saw a lot of silly turnovers just due to miscommunication. Stuff like that will come with time.

We didn't shoot bad overall either, just missed WAY too many at the rim. Calvin bless his heart, there's no way he can miss that many like that again.

You take those two points above and turn them the other way and yesterday would be completely different. But that's basketball.

The refs were solid as mentioned. However they had two iffy calls late in the second that got SDSU 4 FTs that started that run of theirs to put it away. Not saying anything other than that started a run.

I will also comment on whomever mentioned leadership, I don't see a lot of it either. And yesterday sitting where we did reaffirmed that Gavin is really the only vocal leader that we have. David doesn't say a word on the court. I don't know. He and Roti just looked out of it all game yesterday, beginning and warmups.

I'll take my comments on the crowd and students over to the other thread. Twitter was a disaster last night.
Right on all accounts. There were also some bonkers shots that SDSU pulled off that I don't think we could have guarded any better. Like 3 pointers while falling towards the baseline with a hand in their face.

I have a good feeling for some reason about Jossell on the vocal leadership front, but I think he's gonna have to crack the starting lineup or 6th man spot to really pull it off.
wahlwesle
The feeling I had was that we didn't play that bad, so I wanted to see where it all fell apart. As previously mentioned by others, the last 7 minutes or so of the game was the killer. Coming out of the 7 minute media timeout, the score was 66-65, Jackrabbits. Below are the statistics for the final 7/first 33 minutes of the game.

SFA
Last 7 minutes
  • FG - 1-4 (25.0%)
  • 3 Pointer - 1-5 (20.0%)
  • Free Throw - 1-3 (33.3%)
  • Turnovers - 6 (37.5% of total)

First 33 minutes
  • FG - 28-64 (43.8%)
  • 3 Pointer - 7-18 (38.9%)
  • Free Throw - 4-7 (57.1%)
  • Turnovers - 10 (62.5% of total)

SDSU
Last 7 minutes
  • FG - 4-5 (80.0%)
  • 3 Pointer - 2-4 (50.0%)
  • Free Throw - 3-3 (100.0%)
  • Turnovers - 3 (16.7% of total)

First 33 minutes
  • FG - 28-53 (52.8%)
  • 3 Pointer - 7-21 (33.3%)
  • Free Throw - 7-13 (53.8%)
  • Turnovers - 15 (83.3% of total)
nacluth
Great breakdown. Thanks.
SFAXE93
SDSU was lights out.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Ballwatch
Watched SDSU v Alabama and how strong SDSU looked. Very disciplined TEAM. knew it would be a tough matchup. They are who we thought they were. SFA will grow from this loss and keep marching forward
Ballwatch
SDSU playing at home right now vs Montana St. SDSU currently 6 of 8 on 3 pointers with 4 minutes left in first half.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SDSU handily knocks off a pretty good Montana State team 91-74. SDSU is good.
PurpleOut
Staff
Forgot to share this the other day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.