SFA / LSU-Alexandria (2021-2022 Season Opener)

12,926 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LUMBERJACK2005
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

LSU-A came to ball. They played with a lot of heart. They had nothing to lose and played like it.

First reaction is that David was just really not on tonight. The new guys have a lot of talent. Posey, Cofer, Hall all showed sparks. Aku and Tezeno showed nothin this game.

At the end, starters played sluggishly, but what was interesting is that Jossell was the man called up. He had the trust to finish the game. He looked the part too.

Need that second time up bad before our tough games come piling in.
Jossell had a nice looking shot.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

Free throw shooting...woof. 10-18
I love Keller, but Ivey or someone needs to get him on a new approach on free throw practice. Whatever we do isn't working.

We consistently leave points at the line. Hire a free throw coach for the summer, something.
RichieVan
Sloppy. Very sloppy. Lack of fundamentals at times. Jacks were fortunate, they won a game their opponents wanted much more.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

I love Keller, but Ivey or someone needs to get him on a new approach on free throw practice. Whatever we do isn't working.

We consistently leave points at the line. Hire a free throw coach for the summer, something.

True. With Brad we forced a lot of fouls and were very good from the line. Idk what the issue is now but we need to fix it if we're gonna make any kind of run.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

True. With Brad we forced a lot of fouls and were very good from the line. Idk what the issue is now but we need to fix it if we're gonna make any kind of run.

That's what worries me. We're in a better conference. We're trying to get to a sweet 16. Those margins are razor thin.

You can't leave 5 or 6 points out there every night bc of free throws. It'll get you beat.
nacluth
Shot 52% from the field, 40% behind the arc. Solomon was 5-5 and Nana was 2-2, so they still haven't missed a shot yet.

22 turnovers is no bueno. We did not have disruptive defense. Still more work.
No-look
First game of the year guys. Their not in mid season form. They will be fine. Hope Posey is ok. He's a game changer.
No-look
TallTexan said:

MasterAxe said:

Gavin's free throws look different. Better form.
BigJack85
No-look said:

First game of the year guys. Their not in mid season form. They will be fine. Hope Posey is ok. He's a game changer.

Ya. Agreed , sort of. Keller's squads always seem to take time to pull it together. Always. But this was pretty clumsy. There were times the defense looked good. Then vanished. I think that can tightened up. The offense in the other hand seemed to be really robotic. Hopefully that is just first game jitters. Otherwise we've got lots of work to do on the offensive side
wahlwesle
Worried about Posey. He went to the locker room after hitting his head and never came back. Concision protocol I'm sure, but hopefully they didn't find anything wrong.

Josssell looks to be our shooter.

I like the new paint on the wall.
corleycl
So many things..... let's just be thankful we got the win and move to the next. Good thing is, we held on even when we looked awful. Maybe LSU-A is good, IDK. Even if they are, we should have beat them easily. I was worried until the last minute.
SFAJack_76
1,442 announced attendance. I thought it might be more. Those that were there were engaged. Particularly for an ugly game.

Kensmil is a beast. Solomon played uninspired. Posey looked like a guy that hadn't played a game at any level in 18 months or so. Kachelries was off. Ware was his usual steady self.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah not a game to be worried about either way, just shows us what we have to work on.

Keller said afterwards that it was a great game for them to have (a close, ugly game).

We turned the ball over 22 times and still managed to score 84 points. Cut that down and you're probably looking at close to triple digits.

We know what we can expect from our Seniors for the most part, David was just off last night. Won't see him go 1-8 very often.

The difference is just letting the new guys play. Several kids that played their first collegiate game last night, several more their first with us. Almost impossible to have this many kids play well together on night one.

I look forward to Thursday. Today is a film day so I imagine there will be a lot covered on what needs to be improved. But even then, it's not going to come overnight. Just hope they get some of it back for Sunday. I watched SDSU last night dismantle Bradley, they are very good. They also play at Bama on Friday.
sfajack05
Games are different than scrimmages and practice.

I see these first two games as more of a preseason to get them going and get synced with each other.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Yeah not a game to be worried about either way, just shows us what we have to work on.

Keller said afterwards that it was a great game for them to have (a close, ugly game).

We turned the ball over 22 times and still managed to score 84 points. Cut that down and you're probably looking at close to triple digits.

We know what we can expect from our Seniors for the most part, David was just off last night. Won't see him go 1-8 very often.

The difference is just letting the new guys play. Several kids that played their first collegiate game last night, several more their first with us. Almost impossible to have this many kids play well together on night one.

I look forward to Thursday. Today is a film day so I imagine there will be a lot covered on what needs to be improved. But even then, it's not going to come overnight. Just hope they get some of it back for Sunday. I watched SDSU last night dismantle Bradley, they are very good. They also play at Bama on Friday.
Also breaking in 3 new coaches. I think they're great, but the last crew had worked together for almost 4, maybe 5 years?

I think this team has a lot of talent, gonna be fun to watch once they get in rhythm.
Rev007
Patience…you'll not even remember this game in January. We have a stacked team, and when the rotation gets set, we will win a very high percentage of our games against teams a lot better than LSU-A.
No-look
Rev007 said:

Patience…you'll not even remember this game in January. We have a stacked team, and when the rotation gets set, we will win a very high percentage of our games against teams a lot better than LSU-A.
. This
LUMBERJACK2005

1-0 and need to improve is a lot better than 0-1 and need to improve.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.