SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

9,624 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

BigJack85 said:

We need two of those seniors back.
I would love that but I don't see how anyone comes back after the endings of the last two seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll go hoarse on Saturday trying to give them something to play for.

Yeah, unfortunately I think it's time to move on. This group has been through a lot.

While we lose a lot, we've lost a lot before and came back better.
Not saying you're wrong, BUT, when have we lost 4/5 starters and come back better the next year?

Not recently, I think.
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

Oh boy. Keller just confirmed that story in the postgame. He's heated.
Where's the postgame at?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

PurpleOut said:

Oh boy. Keller just confirmed that story in the postgame. He's heated.
Where's the postgame at?

Facebook Live
PurpleOut
Staff
MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

BigJack85 said:

I would love that but I don't see how anyone comes back after the endings of the last two seasons. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll go hoarse on Saturday trying to give them something to play for.

Yeah, unfortunately I think it's time to move on. This group has been through a lot.

Not saying you're wrong, BUT, when have we lost 4/5 starters and come back better the next year?

Not recently, I think.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. 2018-2019 we lost the 3 of our top 4 scorers including the leagues leading scorer + a slew of bench players. That team overall was a disaster, but we had to reload almost the entire team and came back with last years team that was filled by JUCO guys that was one of our best ever.
PurpleOut
Staff
It's not why we lost, but how that same official could be sent to our game tonight...after our last game against ACU...shouldn't be possible.

But it did impact the game. What if we were up 1 instead of being tied under a minute to play? I guarantee we don't run that same, rushed play.

But again, it's on us for not making FTs or really ANY jumpers.
nacluth
That was the most upset I've seen coach in an interview. He was giving Chelsea nothing. He's ready for the WAC.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

That was the most upset I've seen coach in an interview. He was giving Chelsea nothing. He's ready for the WAC.

I'm glad he has our guys back.

And that was complete crap by a crap conference. I hope someone steals McNeese so the whole thing folds.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

MasterAxe said:

PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

BigJack85 said:

Not recently, I think.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. 2018-2019 we lost the 3 of our top 4 scorers including the leagues leading scorer + a slew of bench players. That team overall was a disaster, but we had to reload almost the entire team and came back with last years team that was filled by JUCO guys that was one of our best ever.

I hope we get Gavin and David back. They'd be studs on any team.

And I'm not sure I see the point of taking the penalty this year if SFA thinks next year is going to be a rebuild.
TallTexan
It was a bad shooting night to be sure and I'm going to lobby Ivey to find a free throw coach for our teams, but man, it sure would be nice to not have trash refs each and every night.

The women's crew we had the last two times was overall decent. Glad we're getting a new consortium.

Hopefully this one won't be made up of refs who failed lil dribblers training.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Chelsea Groves definitely showed her inexperience in conducting interviews. She opened with a pie-in-the-sky question that had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.
nacluth
True, but that's kind of been her tenor for all her reporting/interviews. It's worked well enough until we had such a gut wrenching loss. Keller was so upset, he wasn't going to help her out though. Like you said, chalk one up for experience.
jboy93
nacluth
One last thing to add about the game. Afterwards one of our "vocal" fans made it a point to go down to Golding after the game to say some nasty stuff to him. Golding got so mad, he tried to find a security officer to get the guy, but there wasn't one around. The guy when he realized what Golding was doing hightailed it.

I'm all for giving the refs grief during the game, but going out of your way to be extremely ugly to an opposing coach is crossing a line. SFA fans have typically been very classy. I could not have been more disappointed.
SFAJack_76
When Roti got hurt by being pushed into the basket standard, the ref said it wasn't a foul because he intentionally jumped into the standard. WTH.

Probably, Ivey gets a call from the conference office about what Keller said. Guarantee he tells them exactly what he thinks.

Chelsea is young and inexperienced. She typically does fine, but that was a learning experience.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

One last thing to add about the game. Afterwards one of our "vocal" fans made it a point to go down to Golding after the game to say some nasty stuff to him. Golding got so mad, he tried to find a security officer to get the guy, but there wasn't one around. The guy when he realized what Golding was doing hightailed it.

I'm all for giving the refs grief during the game, but going out of your way to be extremely ugly to an opposing coach is crossing a line. SFA fans have typically been very classy. I could not have been more disappointed.
I didn't see that. Did he go on the floor? Unacceptable.

I was focused on Gavin. Doubled over, and sobbing loud enough to be heard in the stands. Proud of Posey going to him.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

I didn't see that. Did he go on the floor? Unacceptable.

I was focused on Gavin. Doubled over, and sobbing loud enough to be heard in the stands. Proud of Posey going to him.
Oh no Poor guy....not only is he a great player but he represents SFA so well. I'm sure last night's loss was devastating to him...especially if he is ready to move on. Couple that with last year's season ending early...that's a heavy blow.
nacluth
It was the guy that sits behind you but it was after you left. Golding had done a radio interview and was walking along behind the media tables by the front row. The instigator went down the steps to about 10 feet away. The confrontation was not on the floor and it was just words but still unacceptable.
SFAJack_76
Thanks. I have shared with appropriate folks. Unacceptable. And, he had zero reason to be upset with Golding.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

When Roti got hurt by being pushed into the basket standard, the ref said it wasn't a foul because he intentionally jumped into the standard. WTH.

Probably, Ivey gets a call from the conference office about what Keller said. Guarantee he tells them exactly what he thinks.

Chelsea is young and inexperienced. She typically does fine, but that was a learning experience.

I think it's telling that Keller already knew these refs aren't in the WAC group. Athletic department did their due diligence.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

That sucks. He deserves to lose his season tickets.
RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Chelsea Groves definitely showed her inexperience in conducting interviews. She opened with a pie-in-the-sky question that had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Yea, but still, the lesson could have been taught another way, the expectations shouldn't be Sportscenter. Keller is so respectful of people trying their best I bet he's has a regret if he watched it back, her inexperience set aside.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
I think that's probably the case too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.