Question about returning players

2,052 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe I missed in an announcement somewhere:

Are seniors who choose to return, required to be enrolled in a grad program?

If they have graduated, must they still be a student or can they just play?

My assumption is that if the school offers any sort of aid, they player would be required to be enrolled.

But, using that assumption, could a player decline aid and just play? Like, have a real job and play hoops too?
SFA Jack Fanatic
They must be enrolled and working toward a degree. Eight semester hours (I believe) if it's a Maters program.
Pilotgirl
9 hours is full time at a Masters level...8 is a weird number for masters...
nacluth
They do have to hold 9 hours if they graduate. My guess is that it would be smarter to stay undergrad for most of them and just carry a 12 hour undergrad load.
SFAJack_76
All seniors, men and women, will be honored on Wednesday, regardless of whether they choose to return next year or not.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

All seniors, men and women, will be honored on Wednesday, regardless of whether they choose to return next year or not.

On the woman's side, it would be huge if Banfield would stay for another year. Her quarterbacking has been exceptional this year, and her shooting from downtown is phenomenal when she's hot, which she usually is.
Pilotgirl
I agree...I don't know what her future aspirations are. I know Mitchell (she will be a senior next year) wants to be a teacher. Alyssa already graduated...was it Bio or Buisness? We have some really intelligent ladies... I wish some would take advantage of getting their Masters...
SFAJack_76
Would love to see Banfield return, and I think she is most likely. She loves playing. Confident Mayfield does not return. Aaliyah only comes back if she wants to play one more year with her sister. I think she has her degree also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.