SFA / Northwestern State (2)

8,022 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (13-3, 7-1) vs. Northwestern State (8-14, 7-4)

WHEN: FEB 24 (WED) 6:30P.M.
WHERE: Prather Coliseum (Natchitoches, LA)
WATCH: Q107.7 (audio)

Covid, snow, ice, anything else you want to throw at the Jacks this season? The Lumberjacks are getting to return to action after nine days with a game with Caddoan rival Northwestern St. The Jacks have had a rough February and are ready to get in just their fourth contest in the last three and a half weeks. They'll be ready though to pick up the away side of the home and home with the Demons.

This is the same Northwestern St. team that the Jacks shrugged off with a 12 point win almost exactly a month ago. There game plan hasn't changed, the main scorers are the same, the offense is the same. Statistically, we are playing the same people and should expect the same result.

But, this is not the same Northwestern St. team that we played a month ago. Since then the team (that played shorthanded and with a bulldog mentality that frustrated the Jacks through 30 minutes of play) has reeled off six wins in a row, and they are now in the position of receiving a bye at the SLC tournament. Confidence has changed where stats have not. They have played with efficiency through the bottom half of Southland teams owing to their easy "Louisiana" schedule. They will not be wanting to give up the winning mentality at home against their purple counterparts.

This will not be an easy game for the Jacks, but the game plan is as simple as it comes - play like you have all year. Win the inside battle, don't turn the ball over, quick guard play. Cam was in a definite funk the last game in New Orleans. It would be nice to see him wake up to put up 20+ like the last time these two teams played. McConathy will be ready to try to tick us off. We have to play with patience.

There's not much to say except with 5 games remaining, the Jacks control their destiny of a Southland regular season crown. Win every game and hang a banner for this crazy season. Five games left for some of these guys' collegiate careers. Five games left until the long summer offseason. Five games left until we leave the Southland. Five games left. Win.

Axe 'em!
BigJack85
Trap game...... Demons are hot.
SFA Jack Fanatic
So, no video stream?
cboothe09
Here you go: Demon TV (Free)

MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

Trap game...... Demons are hot.
They're hot and this is 1st game since NCAA ban approval.

Curious to see how we come out.
No-look
They are hot but they lost to SFA and Nicholls and hasn't played Sam or ACU. But playing at home and momentum they could pull the upset if we're not ready to take it. Jack's by 12
SFAJack_76
They have won six in a row by an average of 4.5 points against mediocre to bad competition. If we lose to them, we don't deserve to be conference champions. The post season ban is old news.
Pilotgirl
nacluth
Hmm. That tv link takes you to the girls game. Demon tv is the only place I think.
Pilotgirl
I realize that now....I think they got it mixed up. But I'm ready to watch the Ladies win that 'ship!
PurpleForever
Is that link supposed to be free? Mine is showing to be "premium content."
jboy93
I can't listen to the guy doing the ladies game!
nacluth
Cam already doing better than last Monday.
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

I realize that now....I think they got it mixed up. But I'm ready to watch the Ladies win that 'ship!
they want $9.00
jboy93
So the only way to watch is buy their premium link?
jboy93
Calvin on fire at the line!
No-look
Trying to listen on 107 and getting double broadcast.
nacluth
jboy93 said:

Calvin on fire at the line!
What is Gavin?
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

Pilotgirl said:

they want $9.00

That's a negative from me Lol
jboy93
Nice couple of minutes! Let's keep it going.
No-look
Starting to pull away
jboy93
We make a free throw and it's a blowout!
jboy93
ACU and prison tech on espn+ will be a good watch after our game.
RichieVan
Spent the $8.95. No video the first half and then had video about two minutes into the second half, only to have it constantly lock up and I have to keep hitting the "play" button. Cleared up with about 8 minutes left. The absolute worst. Announcer made sure at least a half dozen times the Jacks are ineligible for postseason play. 9 for 23 free throw shooting. Brutal. Overall, though, good defensive effort and a solid road win.
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

Clay Gayman went down hard in his head....he may have a concussion
PurpleOut
Staff
Big time performance on the road. Other than those FTs, that was a terrific game.
BigJack85
Sounded like we killed them in the paint.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Big time performance on the road. Other than those FTs, that was a terrific game.

Makes that 19 for 19 game a while back even more amazing.
jboy93
Good assist night too!
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

jboy93 said:

Clay Gayman went down hard in his head....he may have a concussion
He hit hard. Got to have a concussion
purpleballs
Does ACU have a different attendance policy? I know its a temporary gym but it appears to be 80% full.
PurpleOut
Staff
purpleballs said:

Does ACU have a different attendance policy? I know its a temporary gym but it appears to be 80% full.

Thought the same thing, it wasn't socially distanced AT ALL.
HJC69
Paid the $9 and saw the whole game. You're right about the game being well played except for the free throws. We really played great. Noticed David K was player of the gqme with 16 points and 4 assists. The announcer said the only good thing for the Demons was they didn't have to play the Jacks again! Sounded like he meant FOREVER!
SFAJack_76
HJC69 said:

Paid the $9 and saw the whole game. You're right about the game being well played except for the free throws. We really played great. Noticed David K was player of the gqme with 16 points and 4 assists. The announcer said the only good thing for the Demons was they didn't have to play the Jacks again! Sounded like he meant FOREVER!
We tried to get them on the football schedule, and they wouldn't do it. Perhaps some day.
RedRiverLa
SFAJack_76 said:

HJC69 said:

We tried to get them on the football schedule, and they wouldn't do it. Perhaps some day.

So a point of order question, guess we keep Chief Caddo indefinitely?
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.