SFA / New Orleans

13,584 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Roti doing what he needs to do. 12 points, 2 stl, 2 rebs, 1 ast in first. Need Cam and David to step up in second.
Sfa05
New Orleans has to be one of the worst division 1 teams. They are terrible.
Hopefully the jacks are just rusty. They do not look very good
nacluth
I love these refs! Both ends have been stellar.
SFA Jack Fanatic
When I watch ACC or Big 12 games I don't see whistles being blown on every trip down the court. Adios, SLC.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

We need a dependable short-to-mid range shooter that's a constant threat.

Think our shooters benefited last year from not having to be THE guy.

If we could get a month of games in someone might emerge but this start stop hasn't helped on that front.

I agree. But a shooter is a shooter from day one. Actually, I'll change that, we have shooters, we need a maker.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
RedRiverLa said:

Actually, I'll change that, we have shooters, we need a maker.

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think that Cam could be a shooter, but he doesn't shoot much.
nacluth
We're shooting 50%
SFA Jack Fanatic
These refs. Geezz Louise...
Ljacks&Longnecks
Next game not til the 13th...that's not going to help us find any rhythm either.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Next game not til the 13th...that's not going to help us find any rhythm either.

Man if we could find a D2 between now and then.
nacluth
Hit 20 point lead with 7 minutes left.
nacluth
Final media up 16. Game has never been close.
RedRiverLa
Come on. Finish.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Rev007
Very disappointing that we can't hold a 20 point lead against a poor team, but lots of positives to mention in my post game report.
purpleballs
I just don't think we are that talented.
TallTexan
Rev007 said:

Very disappointing that we can't hold a 20 point lead against a poor team, but lots of positives to mention in my post game report.

The press changeup slowed us down. Need to work on breaking it.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yeah, these refs!!! And before the ref police get me, I'm not complaining that they are unfair but that they call wayyyy too many fouls! No team can get into any rhythm with all the choppy start/stop.

I still think this is a talented team but with this crazy Covid system, we can't get things going. Last year, the team had Spain & I think that helped them get to know one another & bond. I think the MTE could've helped in that area, but alas, Covid! I think this season is gonna be wonky and there will be ups and downs for everybody. Coin toss as to who will represent the SLC at the NCAA tournament, IMO.
Rev007
Rev's Post Game Review:

Positives -

Heckard had his coming out party. I expect his minutes to increase and David's to decrease.

Nana shot his free throws well and continues to show signs of improvement.

Roti shot the ball very well. When he doesn't have to bring the ball up the court, he seems to contribute so much more.

Hawkins didn't take any wild shots.

Overall, we played really good defense for the first 30 minutes of the game. I'm not sure what happened during the last 10 minutes.

Negatives -

Where's Posey? Lack of guard talent is killing us.

Solomon's foul troubles and lack of offense.

Calvin Johnson doesn't have the same spirit and enthusiasm he had last year.

Pilotgirl
Cam Johnson I think he may have had a death in the family, but can't confirm & not using that as an excuse...I just think this is a hard year for our student athletes
nacluth
I thought it was a very good performance. Led by double digits almost the whole game. Starting guards combined for almost half of all points. Heckard and Hawkins played decent minimizing mistakes. Nana played great minutes when Solomon was on foul trouble.

Notch that win. Axe 'em!
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I thought it was a very good performance.

Uh... Well... OK. If you say so, Ryan....
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

If we leave the Southland, UNO would be smart to poach Wade. He'd build an NCAA regular there.
Why do we have to leave the SLC for that to happen?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yeah, these refs!!! And before the ref police get me, I'm not complaining that they are unfair but that they call wayyyy too many fouls! No team can get into any rhythm with all the choppy start/stop.

I still think this is a talented team but with this crazy Covid system, we can't get things going. Last year, the team had Spain & I think that helped them get to know one another & bond. I think the MTE could've helped in that area, but alas, Covid! I think this season is gonna be wonky and there will be ups and downs for everybody. Coin toss as to who will represent the SLC at the NCAA tournament, IMO.
Spot on.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I thought it was a very good performance. Led by double digits almost the whole game. Starting guards combined for almost half of all points. Heckard and Hawkins played decent minimizing mistakes. Nana played great minutes when Solomon was on foul trouble.

Notch that win. Axe 'em!
I agree. Shot 56.5% from the field for the game. (But we don't have any "makers.") 70% in the second half. 72.7% from the free throw line.Ware had his best game of the season. Nana continues to be a contributor. Hawkins and Heckard had their best games as Lumberjacks. Kensmill did his usual solid job. Solomon played goid defense in the second half. I don't expect him to ever be a big scorer. Cam Johnson is not playing great. Don't know why. Twenty is too many turnovers.

We need games. Nothing scheduled for the next nine days is not good. Probably will be tough to pick one up now that most are in conference play.

Posey has had a leg injury since well before the season started. Playing this season is questionable.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

If we leave the Southland, UNO would be smart to poach Wade. He'd build an NCAA regular there.
Why do we have to leave the SLC for that to happen?
I'd hate to play him and I'm not sure he'd build a regular contender if we were still here.

But he'd still be a heck of an upgrade for them.
TallTexan
Was impressed with how plugged in Posey is on the sidelines.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Was impressed with how plugged in Posey is on the sidelines.

That's good to hear!
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.