SFA / Louisiana - Monroe

17,244 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's what I call a butt kicken! Hope we get our heads out of our butts and start playing better basketball.
PurpleOut
Staff
I was planning on taking a half day on Wednesday and coming for the Arkansas State game...not sure I feel up for it now.
No-look
This game turned when they hit those rash of NBA threes. Why does everyone shoot lights out against us? Lol
BigJack85
That RPI hit. Pain. Agony.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

I was planning on taking a half day on Wednesday and coming for the Arkansas State game...not sure I feel up for it now.
Just need to put this one behind us. Let heads clear and get ready for the next one.
BigJack85
I hope so. We don't need to limp into the WAC.
SFAXE93
Is it football season yet?
TallTexan
We've got to work on our guard play or adapt to their limitations. I don't want to get ran off the court by ACU.
RedRiverLa
As good as we were last year, we only beat them by 7.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
djsfw57
I'm not impressed with anything this team does. Not in any way. Shooting is terrible, defense is god only knows where, three point shooting is awful. I tried to find something - ANYTHING - to be impressed with. Not able to. The Jacks have completely lost their swagger.
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
This one revealed how much we count on disruption to do what we do. When we can't hit shots we are not nearly as daunting. We don't have a 3rd play.
nacluth
One positive is that we may not lose Keller this year.
SFASawmillGuy
The WAC about to rescind its invitation after this.
HJC69
This is beginning to remind me of two years ago when we got the Boise State player eligible instead of having to sit out a year.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Waiting for the fire Keller gang to show up.
SFAJack_76
HJC69 said:

This is beginning to remind me of two years ago when we got the Boise State player eligible instead of having to sit out a year.
Assuming you mean Nicholas from Montana. This team is not close to the team of two years ago. That one had too many that put self above team, and ended up leaving, or being invited to leave. I have not seen that with any that are currently on the roster.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

I'm sure they are hiding in the weeds sharpening their claws....
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Once we had context, (APR issues) on why he had extensive turnover prior to 2018-2019. That disaster should be behind us. I don't quite see the "Fire Keller" crew rising up. I was one of them. Of course,, again, I had no idea about what he was dealing with behind the scene. A few ill conceived transfers didn't help 18/19.
Rev007
Wow! Just finished watching the replay on ESPN+. Should be rated Not Advisable for Jacks Fans.

Positives:

I was on my way from Charlotte in a 26 foot Uhaul truck and passed Monroe about game time. I'm glad I didn't stop.

David can shoot the 3 if we can find someone to handle the rock so he can play 2 guard.

Solomon had a good first half.

Negatives:

Guard play is atrocious.

Other than David's stroke, shooting is non-existent. Will Ware show up? He's a Senior. Get some fire under your butt!

Where's Gavin? I skipped over a few parts of the replay, but I don't remember him scoring. I did see the two brick free throw shots when the game was tied with about 5-6 minutes left in the game.

Where is the excitement? Team looks like it is sleep walking.

Rev's prediction for an undefeated season....what a nut job!

Recruiting:

This is only for the juco and transfers....DOA. How can ULM get a juco player like Harrison and us get less? Did they pay more? Jk

Kharee....must not be getting it. He was inserted in the first half and was jerked after about a minute....never to return.

Reminds me of the bad season two years ago...different type team, but same results.
Did we really get invited to the WAC? I missed this. If so, it should help recruiting.

Rev's updated prediction: Plagiarizing the esteemed Clubber Lang, " I predict pain."
BigJack85
Rev007 said:

Wow! Just finished watching the replay on ESPN+. Should be rated Not Advisable for Jacks Fans.

Positives:

I was on my way from Charlotte in a 26 foot Uhaul truck and passed Monroe about game time. I'm glad I didn't stop.

David can shoot the 3 if we can find someone to handle the rock so he can play 2 guard.

Solomon had a good first half.

Negatives:

Guard play is atrocious.

Other than David's stroke, shooting is non-existent. Will Ware show up? He's a Senior. Get some fire under your butt!

Where's Gavin? I skipped over a few parts of the replay, but I don't remember him scoring. I did see the two brick free throw shots when the game was tied with about 5-6 minutes left in the game.

Where is the excitement? Team looks like it is sleep walking.

Rev's prediction for an undefeated season....what a nut job!

Recruiting:

This is only for the juco and transfers....DOA. How can ULM get a juco player like Harrison and us get less? Did they pay more? Jk

Kharee....must not be getting it. He was inserted in the first half and was jerked after about a minute....never to return.

Reminds me of the bad season two years ago...different type team, but same results.
Did we really get invited to the WAC? I missed this. If so, it should help recruiting.

Rev's updated prediction: Plagiarizing the esteemed Clubber Lang, " I predict pain."

Ya. This is looking like we have to get our guard play on track. Frankly, we should have plenty of skill at the 3&4 a lot to overcome "a little" loose play. Not the volume of missed passes or weak screens we've seen so far. The struggles with McNeese are making more sense.
No-look
The Arkansas State game is a big one. Need to get a win and set the tone for the rest of the season. We are better than what we showed yesterday. Better get ready for some zone defenses in the near future.
TallTexan
No-look said:

The Arkansas State game is a big one. Need to get a win and set the tone for the rest of the season. We are better than what we showed yesterday. Better get ready for some zone defenses in the near future.
Atleast with Roti & David at point, they shouldn't be able to shrink so far back from the line like they did in 2018.

Need to clean things up on running point, but atleast there are some better 3 point shooters than John & Aaron that season.
Pilotgirl
A little light humor:
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

A little light humor:

Nice. Sometimes you have to laugh.
Pilotgirl
Yes! We thought it was funny Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.