Ladyjacks vs UH

4,805 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ahhhhh that was a good one..
TallTexan
Need to hit some of those shots. We've gotten good looks.
TallTexan
Wow. bad time to have a defensive breakdown.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Need to hit some of those shots. We've gotten good looks.

They have had plenty of looks
Ljacks&Longnecks
Argh...too many misses with those good looks.
TallTexan
Man that as a winnable game.

I don't like the pick & roll call with 7 seconds left.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Wow, what a terrible play to end this one. Never had a chance to work or get in a final shot.
nacluth
Tough loss but good game for the Ladyjacks. Let's go beat Auburn
Pilotgirl
Ok...first things first...I don't wanna hear NO THING negative...yes, we missed some very easy shots BUT we were 15 feet away and our Ladies PUT IN WORK. They were HUSTLING and playing D like crazy. ALL players were wore out...I think Houston a little more. Our girls never gave up. That was our first game in person since March and it did not disappoint! It felt like a conference tournament game. I'm proud of Robinson, Steph...impressive play. We will win a lot of games if we keep that hustle up.

Headed to go get some hot tea...our voices are cracking lol
Ljacks&Longnecks
First Master Axe says we can't talk bad about refs now you say we can't say Nothing Negative...what's a fan supposed to do around here.
It was a very tough hard fought game that could have gone either way. Glad y'all were there to support the women.
Pilotgirl
Didn't forbid it...just said I don't wanna hear it lol That game showed me a lot about our Ladies. Good stuff & what to work on, too. I was more impressed than upset/sad. On the ride back to Sugar Land, we were like "well, that was fun! Those are the kinda games we live for!"
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Ok...first things first...I don't wanna hear NO THING negative...

Well, Pilot. I'm going to make you mad, because here goes a couple of negatives. (I'm going to come down pretty hard on one player in particular, so get ready...)

I thought Marissa had a horrible game. Early on against the full-court press she skipped and danced and dribbled east and west instead of passing and pushing the ball up the court. To break a press, you have to pass the ball, not try to dribble through it. She also threw three passes away. She was 0-4 from 3. She had zero points and zero assists (Our point guard had zero assists!). She had zero steals. She looked tentative and confused by their press. Coach Kellogg must have seen that, too, and sat her down quickly. When Bri came she attacked the press instead of dancing around it.

Other than that, the poor three-point shooting is the thing that lost the game. No one was hitting threes, and Stephanie, who is a very good long-distance shooter, for some reason passed up numerous chances for threes and passed the ball. I think that sometimes she is TOO MUCH of a team player, which limits her opportunities to score points. We need her offense more than we need her passing. (I know that sounds crazy, but that's how I see it.)

I agree with you that overall EFFORT was there, HUSTLE was there. DESIRE was there.

That was two evenly matched teams. Look at the scoring by quarters: Q1: 22-20 UH, Q2: 13-13, Q3: 7-7, Q4: 19-19. Can't get more even than that. Who knows? Maybe we'll face them again in the Big Dance in March. I wouldn't be surprised if UH wins the American Conference title and/or their conference tournament.
Pilotgirl
I'm not mad! And we totally agree with you about Banfield....we cannot understand why he didn't put Robinson back in sooner....I think Banfield came outta the game with like 1:30 left. She was struggling on Offense and D.

Yes, the 3s killed us. But I liked the overall game against a tough opponent and not giving up, even when our shots were not going in. This team plays with a lot of grit. I thought Btu played well tonight and wished she had tried the **** at the end instead if passing it to Johnson. Still a nail biter..
But we are gonna nice and ready for conference play!
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

First Master Axe says we can't talk bad about refs now you say we can't say Nothing Negative...what's a fan supposed to do around here.
It was a very tough hard fought game that could have gone either way. Glad y'all were there to support the women.

Imagine a thread where we didn't talk about the refs much! It happens! But I dont think everyone follows the Ladies like they do the guys. Their loss because this team is special and has a lot of promise.

The refs were confused sometimes lol and there were some bad calls. .but on both sides, so it was evened out. V and I kept them in line.
TallTexan
I wish they'd pulled that one out.

They're not likely to go 2 for 14 again, and I doubt they'll face any team that good again in conference play.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

I wish they'd pulled that one out.

They're not likely to go 2 for 14 again, and I doubt they'll face any team that good again in conference play.

Woulda been a big confidence booster, for sure
SFAJack_76
Not much to add. Banfield had a terrible game. 0-4 on threes in addition to 3 turnovers and no assists. She has been such a streaky player all career. Being from Friendswood, perhaps she had a lot of friends and family there and was pressing? I don't know.

I think Robinson is going to be solid. She is getting better. Perhaps she is just getting back in game shape after sitting a year.

I have no idea why Visscher won't shoot more. That's the way she has always been. Clearly the best player on the team, even though she doesn't fill up the stat sheet.

Aiyana Johnson finally had a good game. 17 points and 8 rebounds. That is a really good sign.

UH is good. They beat Auburn by ten. We need to win that one for confidence.

I like this team ... a lot.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I think Robinson is going to be solid. She is getting better. Perhaps she is just getting back in game shape after sitting a year.

Robinson had a big supporting entourage. There were at least a half dozen SFA fans with #5 shirts in the stands. She's from the south Houston area, too. This was her first game back in the area after transferring here.

I like her a lot, too. Tall and lanky. Moves extremely well. Not the best shooter in the world, but good enough. Obviously very athletic.
Pilotgirl
I saw them! That's was so awesome
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.