SFA / LSU-Alexandria

17,480 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Solomon with the accidental 3! Lol
jboy93
David does not need to be on the court.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How in the heck do you take away a point from Solomon's 3 due to intent?? Ball went in , should be 3.
nacluth
Leaving now. Don't let them Duke us.
BigJack85
Nani....... = impact.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

How in the heck do you take away a point from Solomon's 3 due to intent?? Ball went in , should be 3.
I thought that's what Rob said. What kind of crap is that?
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I'm liking Nana's efforts today.
He is not the same player that I saw in high school. Cox is doing a great job with him!~
This is why I know he could make Baker into a stud if we could snag him as a transfer.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

What??? They did that?
Ljacks&Longnecks
That's what Meyers said coming back from a timeout. Judged intent and only credited 2.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

That's what Meyers said coming back from a timeout. Judged intent and only credited 2.
Is that an actual rule?
jboy93
Box score still shows Calvin with a three.
BigJack85
At least we seemed to have cranked it up. A little later than I'd like to see. We needed the work.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I've never heard that...will have to ask my friend who is a coach...
BigJack85
I really was hoping we would avoid "attrition" wins. We basically wore them down. Then the press ultimately did break them.
Ljacks&Longnecks
A Win is a win but looks like quite a bit of work to do in the near term.
jboy93
If Calvin can develop any kind of jump shot he is going to turn into one heck of a player. How bout being perfect from the FT tonight!
SFAJack_76
MasterAxe said:

SFAJack_76 said:

We haven't recovered physically from Friday night. The legs are not there. Kensmil doubled over sucking wind, and he is a full time warrior.
This means our coaches and players have done a poor job getting in and staying in shape. No excuse

Never said it was excuse. Stating my personal observation. McNeese was a physical game.

Who wore down in the second half?
Pilotgirl
Was Wednesday's game canceled? Rob said they didn't play until next Sat unless they are changes, which there seems to be on a daily due to COVID.
nacluth
Pilotgirl said:

Was Wednesday's game canceled? Rob said they didn't play until next Sat unless they are changes, which there seems to be on a daily due to COVID.
Yep. HSU out
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Is that an actual rule?
Read up about it. Closest thing in the rule is that the official has to recognize it as a three pointer to credit it. However, replay can be used in the NCAA to determine accurate scoring.

Sounds like if an official is not ready for it and doesn't signal a three, it's not until reviewed.

I don't think anyone was ready for it - especially Calvin.
corleycl
Why did this game 'count' for us, but doesn't for LSU-A? Their website shows the game as an exhibition.
corleycl
Also, Sama'zha Hart was in attendance tonight. Is there a chance he re-joins the team?
SFA Jack Fanatic
corleycl said:

Why did this game 'count' for us, but doesn't for LSU-A? Their website shows the game as an exhibition.
It was an exhibition for them but not for us. Very common when a small school plays up several levels in competition.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Is that an actual rule?
Read up about it. Closest thing in the rule is that the official has to recognize it as a three pointer to credit it. However, replay can be used in the NCAA to determine accurate scoring.

Sounds like if an official is not ready for it and doesn't signal a three, it's not until reviewed.

I don't think anyone was ready for it - especially Calvin.
Ref did signal it as a three. Strange rule. Or, interpretation of the rule.
SFAJack_76
Announced attendance of 250. Although it wasn't posted, I was told McNeese was 270. Pitiful.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Announced attendance of 250. Although it wasn't posted, I was told McNeese was 270. Pitiful.

Do we know max capacity? To be honest, I see so many in attendance not wearing masks that I do not feel safe going at this time. If that improves, I would love to come in for a game or two.
nacluth
Capacity is 2000 this season. We really haven't come close. I've been pleasantly surprised with the level of mask wearing, but it hasn't been everyone for sure. I will say that there is so much space, you do not have to be near anyone though.
No-look
I know people that have changed work schedule to come and game gets changed and they had to miss it. And that's no fault to anyone. It's just a crazy time right now. Lots of people are reluctant to come because of COVID. Yesterday's game was a quick add.....I can't attend most of my high school games for the fact that each player gets only three tickets for family.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Capacity is 2000 this season. We really haven't come close. I've been pleasantly surprised with the level of mask wearing, but it hasn't been everyone for sure. I will say that there is so much space, you do not have to be near anyone though.
We have been there every minute of every game. People are adhering to social distancing. I know it's inside, but it's a large inside. A meaningful majority are wearing masks except when eating or drinking. I have shared with Ivey that there are concerns, and more prodding to policy adherence is probably appropriate. It is in the script three times, but they will brainstorm about what to do more.

I feel safe, but understand why others might not. Tough times.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98
nacluth said:

I agree with this. I was at the McNeese game and for the most part people around us were wearing a mask unless drinking or eating. Several took theirs off for a while when they had a drink or food with them rather than having to take it off and on over an over. For the most part they put them back on to go to the restroom or leave. So few people there that it didn't matter when you were seated if anyone had one on or not.

It was strange to yell with a mask on as it got muffled some but since the gym was so empty it sounded like I was the only one there as my voice echoed around.

None of my family have any comorbids so we are going to try and make as many games as we can but with all the changes in schedule not sure what we will be able to make given that I am coming up from Houston. I try and give my tickets to friends when I am not there.
Pilotgirl
That is great to hear! All of my fam have underlying conditions, so this season is definitely a bummer for me but I am glad that they are finding a way to play. I will cheer from the house Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.