Ladyjacks vs UT-Dallas

3,664 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nacluth
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We continue our week full of WBB & MBB with a matchup between our Ladyjacks and UT-Dallas. Will our Ladies continue to use their pressure to force turnovers & dominate offensively? Kellogg will probably continue to play around with the line-ups, as he decided to go small in the 2nd half vs Jackson St, which was pivotal in that physical and defensive 'gotta get outta your seat' game. I think that game showed Kellogg (and us) that we have a truly diverse and talented group of players. And when we have a game where Steph, Banfield, Zya, and Johnson are ON....sit back and enjoy the ride!

(I'm gonna go find some info on UT-Dallas and post)

Pilotgirl
UT-D has had one game so far; the other games were canceled due to COVID. UT-D won 63-55 against Sul Ross, so we definitely have more experience than them at this time. #24-Hughes (guard) and #21 Brock (G/F) led in scoring during that game.

UT-D is coached by Polly Thomason and this is her 16th year, leading the Comets (hmmm interesting mascot) to 6 NCAA Div. III appearances (2013, 15. 17, 18, 19, 20). They lost during the 2nd round of the tournament last season.

Direct from their website:
After four straight American Southwest Conference East Division titles and three consecutive trips to the second round of the NCAA Division III National Tournament, expectations remain hight for the UT Dallas women's basketball team in 2020-21.

FULL PRESEASON INTERVIEW WITH POLLY THOMASON

Two seniors return from last year's 23-6 squad, including All-American guard Raenett Hughes, who is on pace to set the program's career scoring and steals record during her final campaign. Hughes is the ASC East's reigning Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year. In addition, guard Kelley Skinner returns for her senior campaign with her sights set on the team's all-time rebounding record.

Head coach Polly Thomason is entering her 16th season at the helm of the Comets and boasts an impressive 298-115 career record. She has guided UTD to four conference championships and six trips to the national tournament.

I'm looking forward to Kellogg experimenting more with line-ups & would love to see another dominating win from our Ladies! #AxeEm

nacluth
Nice. Thanks
Pilotgirl
No problem!
SFAJack_76
UTD is a quality D3, but they are D3. This game should allow Kellogg and friends to work on rotations.
SFAJack_76
I want to see Aiyana have a big game. The opportunity will be there.
Pilotgirl
Working on out defense early...I like it!
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Free throws uggggh
Pilotgirl
Steph is ON
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Steph is ON

And Banfield.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Free throws uggggh

Aiyana has never been good. Both of her sisters were great at free throws.
Pilotgirl
I'm really liking Avery
nacluth
I like double digit leads after one. Nice to see Crane get some early action. We'll see if any of our other new players get in.
nacluth
Play was getting sloppy so the first line came back in to make sure we weren't instilling bad habits.
Ljacks&Longnecks
At that rate we should get to see a lot of action for the bench in the later quarters. That's always good.
nacluth
Brionna Scott in.
nacluth
Now Prinz
Pilotgirl
Steph has had some sloppy turnovers but these refs really tryna upset me again today
nacluth
The refs just feel sorry for the Comets. So far our freshman are getting court time but not really doing much with it. Hopefully it starts to click.
nacluth
Ines made her warmup shots. Has she hit the court this year yet?
Pilotgirl
That's some good passing right there!
Ljacks&Longnecks
She got in late vs JSU, last 2 minutes or so
nacluth
UTD not even sniffing our front court right now.
nacluth
First team just absolutely destroyed them until the media.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Bench may get to play whole 4th.
SFAJack_76
Mayfield having her best game of the season. By far.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Bench may get to play whole 4th.

That's what I was thinking!
nacluth
Mus in. Robinson has whiffed on a couple point blank shots. If she can find a touch she'll be great. Brittingham is definitely ahead of Aaliyah right now.
SFAJack_76
I like what I see of Robinson on the defensive end. Very active. Offense need work.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

I like what I see of Robinson on the defensive end. Very active. Offense need work.

Agreed....

Briiiii!!!! She's having a great game!
nacluth
7:40 bench in. I guess Coach thinks a 55 point lead is safe.
Pilotgirl
I'm imaging the next couple years with Zya & Avery...Robinson...man! Great recruits
nacluth
Houston awaits.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Houston awaits.

Hoping the game happens
CertifiedAxeman98
I would have caught this one live had the men played on Saturday. Tried to watch some of the game online but watching a really good Ladyjack team destroy a DIII team was hard to watch. It was like a pro team playing a high school team. Ladyjacks are really good this year they showed it in Arizona. I can't wait to see what they do this year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.