Penalties for APR

20,199 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
aquavelvis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could be this has been posted above and I missed it...if so, apologies.

Here's an actually quite sympathetic take from a writer for Kentucky Sports Radio:
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/ncaa-brings-down-the-hammer-on-stephen-f-austin-college-athletics/
Scott Taylor
BigJack85
aquavelvis said:

Could be this has been posted above and I missed it...if so, apologies.

Here's an actually quite sympathetic take from a writer for Kentucky Sports Radio:
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/ncaa-brings-down-the-hammer-on-stephen-f-austin-college-athletics/

That's the one I referenced.
BigJack85
Journalism,,,, as they call it today seems to be in a very poor state. I've seen at least 3 articles that referenced SFA receiving the "death penalty". Completely inaccurate and poorly researched. Anyone who is aware of the "death penalty" knows that SMU is the only significant action considered a "death penalty". SMU's football team was banned from competition for 1 season I believe. Totally banned. Did not participate.

The big problem is that if you look at Kentucky's violations, Kansas's violations (in the past 15-20 years) ours pale in comparison. Such blatant hypocrisy.
sfajack05
BigJack85 said:

Journalism,,,, as they call it today seems to be in a very poor state. I've seen at least 3 articles that referenced SFA receiving the "death penalty". Completely inaccurate and poorly researched. Anyone who is aware of the "death penalty" knows that SMU is the only significant action considered a "death penalty". SMU's football team was banned from competition for 1 season I believe. Totally banned. Did not participate.

The big problem is that if you look at Kentucky's violations, Kansas's violations (in the past 15-20 years) ours pale in comparison. Such blatant hypocrisy.
Are they actually journalists or are they bloggers who do about point five seconds of research for a post?
SFAJack_76
sfajack05 said:

BigJack85 said:

Are they actually journalists or are they bloggers who do about point five seconds of research for a post?
Exactly. Simply looking for clicks on their posts.
Pilotgirl
The Nicholls transfer reminds me that they have had a lot of transfers in and out...anybody wanna check their APR
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

The Nicholls transfer reminds me that they have had a lot of transfers in and out...anybody wanna check their APR

Sure would be a shame if something happened to their program, with all those highly intelligent fans and what not.
sfa17
sfa17
And they have the #1 recruit in the country next season
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

And they have the #1 recruit in the country next season

Gotta imagine he's gonna go elsewhere.
sfa17
Yeah the mean reason he was even going to the school was because they hired one of his family members
SFAJack_76
Those penalties, for the violations of one assistant coach are ridiculous. It makes me appreciate even more what Ivey and team were able to get agreed to for us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.