2020-2021 Ladyjack Basketball

36,957 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

After tonight, Ladyjacks are the only remaining undefeated team in conference.

Something to celebrate!
nacluth
There has not been a better Southland women's team in a decade than this team.
SFAJack_76
There should be a men's game size crowd on Saturday. There won't be, but there should be. This team is good. They are deep. They are well coached. 15-2. 7-0. Ten game win streak. There may be a WTH game at some point, but, because of depth, I don't see it.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

There should be a men's game size crowd on Saturday. There won't be, but there should be. This team is good. They are deep. They are well coached. 15-2. 7-0. Ten game win streak. There may be a WTH game at some point, but, because of depth, I don't see it.

THIS
pa guy
They are also having a blast on the floor and on the bench. They are quick to celebrate the accomplishments of each other. Their team chemistry is a joy to watch
Ljacks&Longnecks
My tickets are available for the women vs Sam. Even if you don't need them perhaps you could give them to someone that might then decide to go.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

My tickets are available for the women vs Sam. Even if you don't need them perhaps you could give them to someone that might then decide to go.
Call the SFA ticket office. They are requesting that you call them (for both the women's and men's games) so they can get them to others.
Pilotgirl
pa guy said:

They are also having a blast on the floor and on the bench. They are quick to celebrate the accomplishments of each other. Their team chemistry is a joy to watch

I agree! I was able to watch them play in Houston vs UH (a game we nearly won) and they were having much fun. I love this team!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Call the SFA ticket office. They are requesting that you call them (for both the women's and men's games) so they can get them to others.
Good Evening,

As we prepare for this weekend's basketball games against SHSU, there is a strong possibility we will sell out for both games (women on Saturday, men on Sunday). With our capacity reduced due to NCAA and CDC guidelines, we have limited inventory remaining and tickets are in high demand.

Due to the high demand for both games, SFA Athletics is requesting assistance from our season ticket holders. If you plan on being in attendance Saturday, January 30th at 2:00 PM for the women's game, AND Sunday, January 31st at 3:00 PM as the Lumberjacks take on the Bearkats, no action is requested on your end other than arriving early, wearing purple, and cheering loudly! However, if you are not able to attend either game for any reason, we ask that you consider donating your tickets back to SFA Athletics so we can fill your seats. We want to do our part and make sure every available seat is filled this weekend to give our student-athletes a true home-court advantage!

If you cannot attend either game, please contact me so I can ensure your seats will be filled this weekend. My direct contact information is listed below, or you can also contact the ticket office at 936-468-5225.

Drew Maulsby
SFA Athletics
General Manager | Ticket Sales
Office: [url=tel936)%20468-5504](936) 468-5504[/url]
Cell: [url=tel936)%20645-5093](936) 645-5093[/url]
www.sfajacks.com

Ljacks&Longnecks
Will do tomorrow AM.
SFAJack_76
Solid notes on the Ladyjacks.
SFAJack_76
McNeese this time.
SFAJack_76
NET up to 24. It's been bouncing between 24 and 25. Holding up well considering the competition.

This is our bye week, so no midweek game. As good as we are playing, and as healthy as we are, might prefer playing. A couple of days off to rest the legs, and catch up on academics, isn't a bad thing.
SFAJack_76
Up one spot to #23 NET, passing Arkansas.

Arkansas beat Auburn at home yesterday by 10. We beat Auburn in Auburn by 13. Arkansas is ranked 18/19 in the polls.

Our Ladyjacks are good. I wish more people respected how good they are.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Up one spot to #23 NET, passing Arkansas.

Arkansas beat Auburn at home yesterday by 10. We beat Auburn in Auburn by 13. Arkansas is ranked 18/19 in the polls.

Our Ladyjacks are good. I wish more people respected how good they are.
Same, Alan. I don't know what else to do to get more attendance & excitement for them. Perhaps if they make the tournament, people will jump more on board then. And it's not just that they win...they DOMINATE. I love how they support one another...a true, united team. That is why I support them so...they have each other's backs and not every team is like that.
Pilotgirl
I really like Kellogg and Grayson (my favorite)...they just seem like a big family.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I really like Kellogg and Grayson (my favorite)...they just seem like a big family.

Bishop is solid too. I just don't know Alvidrez
SFAJack_76
Picked up three points in today's AP poll. Finally.
SFAJack_76
No votes in the coaches poll. Up one spot to #7 in the mid major poll.

The ACU head coach, Goodenough, is one of the voters in the coaches poll.

UNO and UIW coaches vote in the mid major poll.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

No votes in the coaches poll. Up one spot to #7 in the mid major poll.

The ACU head coach, Goodenough, is one of the voters in the coaches poll.

UNO and UIW coaches vote in the mid major poll.
The WAC probably can't officially encourage voting for each other, but there's a reason the SEC does it.

Don't you want the teams you beat or who beat you to be ranked as highly as possible.
BigJack85
Shocked that ACU's coach doesn't throw us a vote. At least put us in at 25
SFAJack_76
Up to #21 in the NET ranking!
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

Shocked that ACU's coach doesn't throw us a vote. At least put us in at 25

I'm not shocked at all.
Pilotgirl
I challenge all of y'all to take up this pledge with me!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Picked up three points in today's AP poll. Finally.

Up to six points in the AP poll today. 30th, for what it's worth.

NET stayed at 21 after yesterday's games.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I challenge all of y'all to take up this pledge with me!

Done.
Pilotgirl
Yay!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
Do we know if it is because of us or them?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Them.
SFAJack_76
NET up one to #20.

Still zero votes in the coaches poll.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Them.
A little more. They would have had enough players available for a game, but would have been short handed. With all the postponements they have had, they don't have an available make up date. This game probably does not get played.

Chadwick didn't want to lose to us by 50.

With two byes in our schedule, and this cancellation, we have one game in 17 days. If you call the UNO thing a game.

Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Chadwick didn't want to lose to us by 50.

With two byes in our schedule, and this cancellation, we have one game in 17 days. If you call the UNO thing a game.

1000% this! LOL
cboothe09
Autumn Johnson with ncaa.com has us projected as a 12-seed facing Ohio State in the first round...

ESPN has us projected as a 12-seed as well facing Tennessee in the first round...
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

NET up one to #20.

Still zero votes in the coaches poll.
The loss to UH is hurting us in the polls. With only a few non-con games and a weak SLC schedule it will be hard to get ranked on a poll. But a 12 or 11 seed is where we probably want to be as we can do the most damage from there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.