2020-2021 Ladyjack Basketball

36,945 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Started 44 games her first two seasons at UNO. Only one start this season, but averaging 19.5 minutes per game.

Pilotgirl
Proud of Zya!
SFAJack_76
#37 in the first NET. For what it's worth. Next is ACU at 96. Then, a big drop to the rest. Northwestern State is dead last. Even for the SLC, the conference looks extraordinarily weak.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-net-rankings
nacluth
We're going to drop in the NET from here out, but honestly if we run the boards, this will be the best possible seeding for the Ladyjacks ever.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

We're going to drop in the NET from here out, but honestly if we run the boards, this will be the best possible seeding for the Ladyjacks ever.

In the last 20 years anyway. The Ladyjacks were salty in the 80's and 90's. Before your time, Ryan.
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

In the last 20 years anyway. The Ladyjacks were salty in the 80's and 90's. Before your time, Ryan.

Oh I was just a local kid, but I remember the long walks from the back of the commuter lot to see the Ladyjacks play. The men's team was a joke, but the ladies would draw the crowds.

Still, I think we could realistically end up with a 7-8 seed which would be our best ever in the current tournament format.
SFAJack_76
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

I think it would be hard to match those teams of the 80's and 90's. One of the best games was when we hosted La. Tech. The place was full and rocken...but we lost anyway, sadly!
This years team is strong though!
ibtsoom
Portia Hill versus Venus Lacy. La Tech always brought 1k fans at least.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
"If you want to win championships, you have to learn how to win on the road."
SFAJack_76
That pass ...
SFA Jack Fanatic
What are your opinions as to whether today's announcement that SFA will be joining the WAC in 2021 rather than 2022 will affect our Seniors' decisions to stay and play another year?
SFAJack_76
Up to #26 in the latest NET. Playing at #317 UIW on Saturday.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Up to #26 in the latest NET. Playing at #317 UIW on Saturday.

These girls are on FIRE!
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

What are your opinions as to whether today's announcement that SFA will be joining the WAC in 2021 rather than 2022 will affect our Seniors' decisions to stay and play another year?

Hmmm I don't know...we have such a deep team, players staying aren't really necessary for our success. I know Alyssa has already graduated, so she's probably ready to move on...she could get her Masters...Honestly, I would stay and do that. Let me extra year of eligibility pay for my garden school lol
It will definitely be interesting who decides to stay!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
NET dropped to #29 after yesterday's games. Can't wait to see how far it drops after we decimate dead last Northwestern State on Wednesday.
SFAJack_76
HBU now. No impact on our games.
Pilotgirl
I'm really starting to think there is a big chance we (all of NCAA) won't get to have a complete season OR certain programs will have to shut down. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
SFAJack_76
Up three spots to #26 in NET rankings.

Way too early bracket has us as an 11 seed against 6 seed ... West Virginia.
Pilotgirl
Good ol' West Virginia
SFAJack_76
NET up one to #25. NET is not as punishing as RPI for SLC impact on strength of schedule. RPI is 95.

Next is at ACU with a NET of 157 and RPI of 91. Big game.
SFAJack_76
Up one in NET to #24.
Pilotgirl
ALL THE WAY UUUUUUPPP!
nacluth
Right now the Ladyjacks average margin of victory through 6 SLC games is 48.5 points. That coincidentally is an amount of points that no SLC team has accumulated against us in 40 minutes of play.
corleycl
Just here to say how proud I am of the Ladyjacks! Mind-blowing stuff!
Pilotgirl
corleycl said:

Just here to say how proud I am of the Ladyjacks! Mind-blowing stuff!

Don't miss out on supporting our Ladies this season....could be a very special year for our team.
SFAJack_76
Up one to #8.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Up one to #8.

Woohoo!!
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Up one to #8.

Woohoo!!

Maybe. Just maybe if we win 3 consecutive we might get into the AP or Coaches poll.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
After tonight, Ladyjacks are the only remaining undefeated team in conference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.