2020-2021 Ladyjack Basketball

36,949 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently will be without rising sophomore guard Mikayla Hutchinson. Reportedly transferring. Only averaged about four minutes per game. Buried in the depth chart behind better guards. We signed three in the early signing period. With the two seniors graduating (actually Riley and Kennedy were grad students) we are at thirteen scholarship players. That is where Kellogg wants to be even though he can have 15 scholarships.
SFAJack_76
Went Juco. Probably a really good move. TVCC is good every year. Opportunity for her to get solid playing time, and exposure.
SFAJack_76
Perhaps this was the shoulder that bothered Bri Mitchell all last season?
SFAJack_76
Noelle Yancy also transferring to TVCC. Zya Nugent is the only returning player from our freshman class.
Pilotgirl
Interesting...she had some playing time. Just glad Zya is staying. She is gonna be a HUGE star for us.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Interesting...she had some playing time. Just glad Zya is staying. She is gonna be a HUGE star for us.
Agree on both points. I thought Yancy was getting better as the season went on, and could beCome a contributor. Zya could be special.
nacluth
Pretty sure I just saw Visscher killing her morning run in the rain. Sure want to see these women mix it up next year.
SFAXE93
Well here is a guard, former Valpo player 5-9; Nicole Konieczny been out for the last two seasons looking for new start at SFA with 2 maybe 3 years to play.

https://www.valpoathletics.com/wbasketball/roster/2019-20/10748/nicole-konieczny/

Started at PG in 22 games as a true freshman for the Crusaders and lead the team in assists with 95.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/former-laporte-vu-player-nicole-konieczny-commits-to-stephen-f-austin/article_70f5fb9b-86a3-5ffe-89c3-1dc5e4ff6b50.html
nacluth
Love adding depth at point.
SFAJack_76
Had discussion about her in the recruiting thread. I understand she is fully recovered from her injury issues.
SFAJack_76
!!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Coach Kellogg said that the Ladyjacks will play three games in three days at the Merrill Center in Katy to start the season on November 27. Two of the opponents will be Ball State and Old Dominion.

He also said that an away game at Auburn will be on the schedule.

He said that Avery Brittingham and Franziska Prinz will be two freshmen who will make an immediate impact, along with Tasharian Robinson, a transfer who started at UTSA.

He said that there are 15 players on the roster, but they have yet to all be able to practice together for various reasons - virus, injury, etc.

Coach Kellogg said that he has always been "cautiously optimistic" at the start of each season. He said that this year he's "optimistic" (without the 'cautiously'). That sounds good!
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Coach Kellogg said that the Ladyjacks will play three games in three days at the Merrill Center in Katy to start the season on November 27. Two of the opponents will be Ball State and Old Dominion.

He also said that an away game at Auburn will be on the schedule.

He said that Avery Brittingham and Franziska Prinz will be two freshmen who will make an immediate impact, along with Tasharian Robinson, a transfer who started at UTSA.

He said that there are 15 players on the roster, but they have yet to all be able to practice together for various reasons - virus, injury, etc.

Coach Kellogg said that he has always been "cautiously optimistic" at the start of each season. He said that this year he's "optimistic" (without the 'cautiously'). That sounds good!
If Nov 27th is a go, we will try to be there to support our Ladyjacks!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I will be there for at least one of the games.
SFAXE93
It's not the regular season that bothers me, just the SLC Tournament.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

It's not the regular season that bothers me, just the SLC Tournament.

You just had to bring up the Ladyjack jinx, didn't you 93?
SFAJack_76
This team has a chance to be special. Quality and the most depth of any Kellogg team.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Awesome! I was thinking you would try as well
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

We will probably make one or more of the games also.
SFAJack_76
Note the progress on the new tunnel.
Pilotgirl
It'll be a mini reunion!
SFAJack_76
All four of our foreign players are on campus.
TallTexan
So, so proud of Zya. I know being openly gay in East Texas can't be easy. I've seen the vitriol directed at one of our city council members every week. And using her opportunity to make life a little easier for other kids to live their truth is awesome.

Pilotgirl
Agreed. Her and Coach Grayson inspire me so much. They are making such a positive impact for others!
djsfw57
Good for Zya! And it does my heart good to see that she is accepted and is thriving in East Texas! As a gay kid, I got beat up more times than I could count, and had my life threatened for most of my life. It was a terrifying way to grow up, and East Texas was a terrifying place to grow up because of it. Thankfully I have seen such change the last 20 years. The last 10 years or so before I retired from teaching, the students all knew that I am gay and married to a man. They never ONCE said an unkind word. Kids these days just don't care about that. They have grown up realizing that a person's heart and character are far more important than who they love. Proud to see SFA has changed as well.
SFA, Class of 1979
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

Good for Zya! And it does my heart good to see that she is accepted and is thriving in East Texas! As a gay kid, I got beat up more times than I could count, and had my life threatened for most of my life. It was a terrifying way to grow up, and East Texas was a terrifying place to grow up because of it. Thankfully I have seen such change the last 20 years. The last 10 years or so before I retired from teaching, the students all knew that I am gay and married to a man. They never ONCE said an unkind word. Kids these days just don't care about that. They have grown up realizing that a person's heart and character are far more important than who they love. Proud to see SFA has changed as well.
Thank you for sharing your story, 57! I lost a student I had worked with for 2 years early on in my career. He identified as gay but then was questioning his gender identity. E Tx was harsh to him and he committed suicide. I vowed from that time on to become an advocate and ally for marginalized populations. I have really high hopes for Gen Z...they inspire me!
TallTexan
57, I could not even imagine.

I'm just now 30 and when working with the youth kids at our church a few years back and taught jr high school a little, I was struck by how much more empathy they had than any group I've ever seen. It was incredible.

I'm glad the world is becoming a kinder, more accepting place. The kids are helping make it so.
djsfw57
Pilotgirl, I'm sorry to hear about that loss. I lost way too many students over the years, and I know it can destroy your heart. Thank you for being an advocate for these kids. So many of them don't have anyone at all if there is no one at school to support them. Mad respect!!
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
nacluth
There's other great players out there, but if Visscher is not player of the year this year (staying healthy of course), I will be shocked.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

There's other great players out there, but if Visscher is not player of the year this year (staying healthy of course), I will be shocked.

Agree. She is special.
SFA Jack Fanatic
A GREAT season ahead for the Ladyjacks!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

A GREAT season ahead for the Ladyjacks!

And none of our All-SLC ladies are seniors!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

We will probably make one or more of the games also.

The Katy games might not happen. Covid concerns. Not us.
SFAJack_76
Officially cancelled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.