SFA vs Montverde Acadmy

3,184 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been reading a topic on setxsports about Montverde and how they would beat any team in the Southland except maybe SFA. Some feel they could beat SFA this year. Montverde has some of the best players in the nation including the #1 recruit( which is going to Oklahoma State). Bunch of one and done guys. Loaded with best of the talent. ??? I think the Jacks would exploit their youth.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Been reading a topic on setxsports about Montverde and how they would beat any team in the Southland except maybe SFA. Some feel they could beat SFA this year. Montverde has some of the best players in the nation including the #1 recruit( which is going to Oklahoma State). Bunch of one and done guys. Loaded with best of the talent. ??? I think the Jacks would exploit their youth.
As hard as it is for me to admit, I think they would provide a challenge. When a high school can recruit players from all over the world, the concept of a normal "high school" goes out the window and a "basketball factory" comes in. No player under 6'6". 8 of the top 65 HS players in the country on the roster, most of them committed to Power 5 schools, and several of them are supposedly already NBA-ready.

I have no doubt that they could beat most of the teams in the Southland. That's a heck of a lot of raw talent. But beat SFA? Don't think so. Makes for a good conversation though.
TallTexan
No-look said:

Experienced teams commonly beat teams full of freshman NBA prospects in March.

It might be a decent game, but a school like SFA should win, even if Montverde is stacked.
sfa17
I agree, look at the last 4 national championship teams. Virginia,Villanova,Unc. One and done players are great but experience wins championships. Also we would have the better coaches.
RichieVan
Looking at their team photo, Gavin would be a huge matchup problem. Also, John would be their PG worst nightmare. I think we turn them over 20-25 times. And, it doesn't look like they're physically mature, so we should be able to attack the rim. I think the Jacks win by double figures but I also agree they could beat at least the bottom third of the Southland.
TallTexan
HBU would be done for.

Monteverde is used to playing in HS gyms.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

HBU would be done for.

Monteverde is used to playing in HS gyms.

That's a Bingo!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.