Kevon Scoring Watch

5,447 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ljacks&Longnecks
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope some of you would enjoy following along the rest of the season to see if Kevon can become the All Time leading scorer at SFA. Pre UIW Kevon stands at 1756 pts.

James Silas 1884
George Johnson 1860
Pete Harris 1833
Kevon Harris 1833

Top 5 came back during the NAIA era for SFA....Remember there was no 3 point line back when these guys played.
BigJack85
With 5 regular season and hopefully 2 post season wins he's bound to get it.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

With atleast 10 games left, it's almost a certainty.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Hope some of you would enjoy following along the rest of the season to see if Kevon can become the All Time leading scorer at SFA. Pre UIW Kevon stands at 1756 pts.

James Silas 1884
George Johnson 1860
Pete Harris 1833
Surry Oliver 1807
Robert Gords 1763
Kevon 1756

Top 5 came back during the NAIA era for SFA....Remember there was no 3 point line back when these guys played.

Still want to watch a documentary on this NAIA teams with Silas & Co.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

With atleast 10 games left, it's almost a certainty.
I see what you did there, Texan. I like to cut of your jib.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

James Silas 1884
George Johnson 1860
Pete Harris 1833
Surry Oliver 1807
Robert Gords 1763
Kevon 1756

Still want to watch a documentary on this NAIA teams with Silas & Co.

I had the honor of watching several of those guys play (Silas, Johnson, Harris, Oliver). They were the real deal. Yes, there's no doubt in my mind that they could definitely compete with today's Jacks. Still can't believe they were upset in the 3rd round of NAIA National Tournament in Kansas City by Elizabeth City (N.C.) 90-88 in 1971.

Here's a SI story about them. I also have a couple of dozen Daily Sentinel newspaper clippings from back then about their games, with lots of game info, stats, and photos. I'll bring them the next I make it to a game in Nac, if anyone wants to see them.

https://www.si.com/vault/1970/02/02/554046/jes-lil-ol-country-boys
Ljacks&Longnecks
Don't know if my chart put a whammy on Kevon, hope not. 8 points today got him past Mr Gords, now 5th All Time. New order now at lead post.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Don't know if my chart put a whammy on Kevon, hope not. 8 points today got him past Mr Gords, now 5th All Time. New order now at lead post.

He only played 19 minutes and took 8 shots. When we have 10 guys playing 14 or more minutes in a game (team depth!), he's not going to get many opportunities to fill the nets the rest of the way in the regular season.
SFAJack_76
I want Kevon to move up the list, but his status as one of the best Lumberjacks ever is set. He is focused this team and getting wins. Also, playing in the NCAA tournament is his best way of getting exposure.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

I want Kevon to move up the list, but his status as one of the best Lumberjacks ever is set. He is focused this team and getting wins. Also, playing in the NCAA tournament is his best way of getting exposure.
Honestly, as great as moving up the list is, and it will happen, Kevon's legacy could use a March Madness win or two. That's what his resume is missing comparatively.

And if it means he moves up to 2nd instead of first, but that we blast a team in the first round? So be it.
Pilotgirl
Yesterdays game was def a game to play the bench. It was neat to watch John and Ke by the watercooler (literally) having a good time, coaching up and cheering on the other players. Great leaders.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Kevon adds 18 vs NWST. New numbers updated.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

James Silas 1884
George Johnson 1860
Pete Harris 1833
Surry Oliver 1807
Kevon 1782

Think he'll end the regular season just above Pete Harris.

Then we'll hopefully have atleast 4 games after that. He could pass Silas but it's gonna be close.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Kevon adds 20 in nice win over Lamar. Totals updated
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Where are they being updated?
djsfw57
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Where are they being updated?
Scroll back up to the first post.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Robert Gords, who had been in the top 5 before Kevon passed him, was one of the former Jacks who was present and recognized at halftime last night. He was on the San Antonio Spurs roster for a brief time during the '73-'74 season, along with James Silas.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Robert Gords, who had been in the top 5 before Kevon passed him, was one of the former Jacks who was present and recognized at halftime last night. He was on the San Antonio Spurs roster for a brief time during the '73-'74 season, along with James Silas.
Perhaps a year from now, we will have a bigger turnout from former Ladyjacks and Lumberjacks that want to see the new Basketball Performance Center.

It was good to meet you yesterday, Jack Fanatic.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Kevon passes Surry Oliver tonight vs ACU to become #4 lifetime scorer at SFA.
New totals at top of thread.

Totals now correct---I had given 21 for tonight but correct total was 23
Ljacks&Longnecks
Kevon held to 8 pts vs Sam.....but 28-3.....19-1 conference...and more to come.

Kevon now tied for 3rd scoring all time with Pete Harris. New totals at top.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.