SFA / Nicholls State

15,456 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nacluth
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

I don't think Charlie's been called for a real foul all night.
Two of them were bogus.
nacluth
I live three miles away from campus as the crow flies, but on low cloud cover nights like tonight, the purple lights come all the way to me.
No-look
nacluth said:

I live three miles away from campus as the crow flies, but on low cloud cover nights like tonight, the purple lights come all the way to me.
it's a good time to be a Lumberjack!
RedRiverLa
Bain! W!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Twirlojacks and trampolines is gonna be something.
Needs work.
SFAJack_76
For those talking about it on Twitter, Ivey told me a year ago that he didn't like the Wednesday games. I don't know who likes it, or why.
nacluth
Yeah not me. I liked Thursday's best, but if we keep Saturdays (we should), honestly any besides Wednesday is better.
nacluth
Finally a postgame!

jboy93
Just a thought...could the terrible officiating be the thing that takes us off our game at times? These guys are horrible! When they are calling crap calls, and it's on both sides, it slows things down and just kills any kind of momentum. Charlie had two fouls tonight where he literally just touched the other guy...what are you supposed to do? What was up with that phantom goal tending call toward the end of the game? They looked at it and still missed it! Oh well...am I wrong?
Pilotgirl
This is literally EVERY game. I bet they are used to it by now LOL
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

That was a flagrant on Alatishe
I was yelling at my tv for this. He made no play on the ball and came down very hard across the head/shoulders. I know why we weren't pushing the officials to review that.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

For those talking about it on Twitter, Ivey told me a year ago that he didn't like the Wednesday games. I don't know who likes it, or why.
There was a pretty lengthy Twitter discussion last night around Wednesday games. Lots of fans of other schools chiming in agreeing. It's a pretty known topic that NOBODY likes Wednesday night games. It hurts attendance for everyone, and in general makes 0 sense.

There is no need to have all league teams play on the same weeknight, it serves no purpose. There are only a few leagues that do this, and none of them are on Wednesday nights. All is needed is effort from our league to mix up the scheduling. But that's not going to happen until all of the AD's join Ivey in being vocal about it.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Conference requires it I believe.

Thursdays are good, but if we're gonna have Saturdays, I think it should be Tuesdays & Saturdays.

I like the consistency of days, but Wednesday as a whole sucks because we lose every campus ministry kid, the church crowd, & Nacluth puts us in a funk for 30 minutes. It's all around terrible.
TallTexan
Personally, I don't think we're getting any improvement in the Southland until we force Burnett out.

The conference office literally adds nothing to the league. The schools may as well elect an AD commissioner every year & save on the salary.
RedRiverLa
We can talk about moving to another day other than Wednesday, but it we don't choose one that accomodates Nacluth being in his seat at tipoff - what's the point
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

We can talk about moving to another day other than Wednesday, but it we don't choose one that accomodates Nacluth being in his seat at tipoff - what's the point
We could clone him & force one of them to live in the bowels of WRJ, Phantom of the Sawmill style?
sfa17
nacluth
I don't like this idea of sticking me in the bowels of anything. I'm at every game possible, but I have some duties I can't shirk most Wednesdays.

Tuesdays are good. It's a busier basketball night than Thursdays, but I'm fine with that until we get our national tv deal. I was upset with the guys and girls playing opposite each other for a while. Now I kind of like there always being a home game. I just wish girls would play early, guys later so the fans could watch both instead of just one.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I don't like this idea of sticking me in the bowels of anything. I'm at every game possible, but I have some duties I can't shirk most Wednesdays.

Tuesdays are good. It's a busier basketball night than Thursdays, but I'm fine with that until we get our national tv deal. I was upset with the guys and girls playing opposite each other for a while. Now I kind of like there always being a home game. I just wish girls would play early, guys later so the fans could watch both instead of just one.
It can either be you or the clone. We're going to hold a halftime contest to determine which one.

Wednesdays work decently for us personally at the moment, but heck, most of the Southland is in small towns where church is still a big thing, and 3 or 4 are religious schools. Wednesdays just don't make sense when you want to maximize fan support.
cboothe09
As for last night's game...Nicholls is a team that scares me in Katy. They are probably the most talented team we have played in the SLC. They are physical and fast. Sam is good, but I think we are better built to take them.
No-look
cboothe09 said:

As for last night's game...Nicholls is a team that scares me in Katy. They are probably the most talented team we have played in the SLC. They are physical and fast. Sam is good, but I think we are better built to take them.
True about Nicholls. They disrupted what we do. Our defense was the difference.
No-look
Anyone know how many total fouls were called? Including offensive and defensive? Both teams were in double bonus well before half and end of regulation.
nacluth
45 total. 24 on Nicholls and 21 on SFA. Amazingly SFA had one through the first 10 minutes. 4 minutes after that Nicholls was in the bonus. Physical game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.