SFA / Central Arkansas

15,981 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RedRiverLa
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nicholls loses, so we are 1/2 game ahead of ACU.
cboothe09
Free throws kids...Sam wins 80-75 because Lamar couldn't convert at the FT line
BigJack85
cboothe09 said:

Free throws kids...Sam wins 80-75 because Lamar couldn't convert at the FT line

At least 10 points left on the table. At a couple of points we run away if we make a few free throws.
No-look
I'm still scratching my head on those two mindless turnovers we committed in crunch time.
PurpleOut
Staff
Nothing for me to say really that hasn't been said. Without Jones, that shouldn't have been a game.

On to the next one, I hope everyone comes out Saturday. We don't get many Saturday games, we need to take advantage and provide a real home court advantage.
MasterAxe
If ever a time for a blowout win, this is it coming up.

UIW is not good, let's get that out of the way.

We have been playing down to competition a bit, so, yeah, let's not do that.

Let's beat them to a pulp.
RedRiverLa
PurpleOut said:

Nothing for me to say really that hasn't been said. Without Jones, that shouldn't have been a game.

On to the next one, I hope everyone comes out Saturday. We don't get many Saturday games, we need to take advantage and provide a real home court advantage.

Driving over for this one, will be there for the girls, too. I'll be giving the boys a tough talking to during pregame from section 107. This needs to not be close.
LUMBERJACK2005
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Nicholls loses, so we are 1/2 game ahead of ACU.
Northwestern with a three at the buzzer to beat Nicholls.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Whoever wrote the game summary on the Athletics site called the UCA men's team the Sugar Bears.

Geezzzz, SFA Athletics. Hire folks with a little bit of knowledge of the SLC.
PurpleOut
Staff
Always like to look at the box score the next day. I think you can look at it both ways, we could have easily lost this game. At the same time, with no Bain, no Daniels, and limited minutes from Gavin (while playing really bad), pulling out a road win is solid. Shooting 53.7% overall.

Kevon was solid offensively, 19/10/4. His turnovers and FTs however are becoming a huge issue. 5 turnovers last night and 5 more missed FTs. That's 10 missed FT's in the last 2 games.

Solomon's minutes were a boost, despite the FTs. I'm not sure why Oddyst isn't getting more minutes. Good game from Kachelries as well, he continues to impress me, but seems like a streaky shooter. Can't really question the way Keller uses his minutes, but IMO when someone is shooting well...you give him more minutes.
nacluth
Oddyst isn't playing good. He hit the three right off the bench...and then nothing really. Picked up a lot of touch fouls when we were trying to limit them down the stretch. He's an adequate defender, but yesterday was not a good game for him or Hart. Hart at least has the benefit of not playing several games, and he looked like it.
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Whoever wrote the game summary on the Athletics site called the UCA men's team the Sugar Bears.
I call them that too, but I'm trying to offend.
TallTexan
Wish I could have watched the games last night, but I was excited to see that SFA basketball outscored their opponents 179-117 last night.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Wish I could have watched the games last night, but I was excited to see that SFA basketball outscored their opponents 179-117 last night.

Well, that's one way to look at it....
No-look
nacluth said:

Oddyst isn't playing good. He hit the three right off the bench...and then nothing really. Picked up a lot of touch fouls when we were trying to limit them down the stretch. He's an adequate defender, but yesterday was not a good game for him or Hart. Hart at least has the benefit of not playing several games, and he looked like it.
. Oddest has been struggling lately. Hopefully it's just a slump. Hart looked like a freshman last night. But it's a process. Huge upside.
RedRiverLa
"but IMO when someone is shooting well...you give him more minutes."

This.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.