SFA / Paul Quinn

11,761 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by No-look
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl said:

I agree. It's embarrassing. Just stating my opinion about why they are struggling

You're 100% correct about the teams performance.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
We are gonna get everyone's best (like many have said on this board)....even non D1. Everyone wants to beat the team that beat Duke. How we respond is paramount AND we still are a slow starting team.
RedRiverLa
Mark it. 18 minutes in we wake up. A little longer than we all would like.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
wahlwesle said:

Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Glad we're not playing a conference team today. Looking very bad.

It's a tune up game. Guys got to go home for Xmas so they are rusty. Georgetown vs American was the same way for awhile.
The Duke Brown game was the same way.

Yup. I think they were missing a player too?
TallTexan
Nice run to finish the half.

That Kevon steal and dunk should be on sports center if the camera crew captured it.
MasterAxe
I'd imagine the halftime speech won't be family friendly.
No-look
Kalcheries having a good game.
jboy93
The slow starts are concerning but we finally got it going the last 4 minutes. The last 4 seconds were not pretty though!
nacluth
Depth is where this game is going. Second team getting a lot of work.
RedRiverLa
Brown and American are D1 in conferences with automatic tournament bids. Paul Quinn is NAIA, 2-13 , and suits up 8-9 players, so I don't think a comparison of play is on equal ground. I hope the halftime speech is not suitable for children.
Lumberjack Battalion
jboy93
Any update on Coach Mason. He's not at the game!?
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Brown and American are D1 in conferences with automatic tournament bids. Paul Quinn is NAIA, 2-13 , and suits up 8-9 players, so I don't think a comparison of play is on equal ground. I hope the halftime speech is not suitable for children.

I was comparing that SFA, Georgetown, and then Duke all got off to slow starts bc it's the 1st game a couple days after Christmas. Which is exactly why this team was scheduled now and before we get back to conference play.
jboy93
Now that's how to start a half!
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

Any update on Coach Mason. He's not at the game!?

I think.he had more surgery but not 100% on that. I remember reading that was gonna happen and the he would be out awhile. But lots can change with cancer treatment...
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

I was comparing that SFA, Georgetown, and then Duke all got off to slow starts bc it's the 1st game a couple days after Christmas. Which is exactly why this team was scheduled now and before we get back to conference play.

It's the first game after Christmas for both teams. When it comes to a slow start, level of competition plays a factor, too.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
Agree to disagree. We've been a consistently slow starting team for years. I don't know why you want to debate my opinion bc it's not gonna change and I won't change yours so gonna enjoy this game and have a Happy New Year! Gotta get amped up for these games next week on the road!
TallTexan
What a dunk by Zamazha.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

What a dunk by Zamazha.

Trying to rewind to see it again...I hate the ESPN app!
cboothe09
Missed it buying beer
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic
Depth was the difference in this one. Hopefully, this helps to get their legs under them again before conference play resumes.
nacluth
I probably shouldn't have set the prediction at 93-62
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I probably shouldn't have set the prediction at 93-62

Yeah, shove it down our throats, Ryan.
nacluth
Final count: I got 26 to the game. We got Sama'zha so pumped, he killed a man and conducted the funeral service right after.
BigJack85
Our 3 point shooting was way off tonight. Thought bump up the % with an opponent like pq.
SFAJack_76
Random thoughts:

Kachelries deserved to be player of the game, and not just because of the 16 points. Three rebounds, two steals, four assists, zero turnovers in 19 minutes.

Oddyst had a really bad game. Both ends of the floor. Not just 0-5 on threes, but none of them were close. Four turnovers.

Hart is extremely athletic. He has a long way to go, particularly on the defensive end, to learn basketball. Love his potential.

Solomon looked good. Wearing a brace on the ankle, but moving well. Really talented rebounding guy.

I like Daniels more every game. Very active on both ends.

Cam Johnson is steady good. It feels like he isn't doing much, then he ends up with 15 points.

Kevon is Kevon, but I wish he would take better care of the ball. Five turnovers against this team is bad.

All twelve guys in uniform played double digit minutes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Final count: I got 26 to the game. We got Sama'zha so pumped, he killed a man and conducted the funeral service right after.

Didn't he get T'd up for being gleeful at the funeral?
Rev007
Rev's Postgame Analysis,

There is not a whole lot you infer after watching two mismatched teams. The best thing to happen was playing time for some of the reserves. How did they fare?

Kachelries showed that he needs more playing time. His point guard play was outstanding, and his three point shot was deadly. However, we all knew he was talented offensively. I'm more impressed with his on ball defense. He's no John Comeaux, but he was darn good against Paul Quinn.

Oddyst Walker showed that he needs more work. This is disturbing against low level competition. Maybe it's mental because he had shown in warm ups that he has a sweet stroke. Perhaps adding some muscle to his thin frame might boost his confidence. He also needs to work on his ball handling and passing. A lot of people expected him to make a big leap in improvement this year, but we are going to have to wait another year.

Charlie Daniels clearly had more energy this afternoon than Kensmil.

I was glad to see Solomon come back from the ankle injury so quickly. He is one player that I expect to make a huge leap between his freshman and sophomore seasons. It would be nice to see a reliable 12-15 foot jumper.

I was only going to mention reserves in this post, but I can't help but wonder why Roti remains a starter. He is simply not productive enough on the offensive end. I don't want to be hyper critical of him because he does everything "okay". For instance, he is a smooth ball handler ( but doesn't have the assist numbers), plays pretty good defense ( not John Comeaux standards, but those are high standards), and has a good shot (but constantly passes up open shots).

Hart probably has the most potential, but he is so foul prone. I'm not sure what he did to get the technical, but I hope he wasn't gloating after his dunk. He could benefit immensely from a summer in the weight room.

That's all folks.
BigJack85
Rev007 said:

Rev's Postgame Analysis,

There is not a whole lot you infer after watching two mismatched teams. The best thing to happen was playing time for some of the reserves. How did they fare?

Kachelries showed that he needs more playing time. His point guard play was outstanding, and his three point shot was deadly. However, we all knew he was talented offensively. I'm more impressed with his on ball defense. He's no John Comeaux, but he was darn good against Paul Quinn.

Oddyst Walker showed that he needs more work. This is disturbing against low level competition. Maybe it's mental because he had shown in warm ups that he has a sweet stroke. Perhaps adding some muscle to his thin frame might boost his confidence. He also needs to work on his ball handling and passing. A lot of people expected him to make a big leap in improvement this year, but we are going to have to wait another year.

Charlie Daniels clearly had more energy this afternoon than Kensmil.

I was glad to see Solomon come back from the ankle injury so quickly. He is one player that I expect to make a huge leap between his freshman and sophomore seasons. It would be nice to see a reliable 12-15 foot jumper.

I was only going to mention reserves in this post, but I can't help but wonder why Roti remains a starter. He is simply not productive enough on the offensive end. I don't want to be hyper critical of him because he does everything "okay". For instance, he is a smooth ball handler ( but doesn't have the assist numbers), plays pretty good defense ( not John Comeaux standards, but those are high standards), and has a good shot (but constantly passes up open shots).

Hart probably has the most potential, but he is so foul prone. I'm not sure what he did to get the technical, but I hope he wasn't gloating after his dunk. He could benefit immensely from a summer in the weight room.

That's all folks.

Really like your analysis 007. I'm really intrigued by Kalcheries. He has real potential as a "light em up" number two that can stretch a defense. Just wish he was more reliable. He's had a couple of games that he just didn't seem to get going....
HJC69
He has been reliable for two games in a row. Played great at McNeese when John was out early for foul trouble. Maybe he's getting it down.
No-look
Kalcheries play well in the Duke game also.
SFAJack_76
"I'm not sure what he did to get the technical, but I hope he wasn't gloating after his dunk."

Exactly why he got the tech. Got in the face of the defender.
TallTexan
I know Oddyst can hit those shots. Hope he'll get his touch back soon.

He was draining them at Jack Madness, but just haven't seen it on the court yet.
No-look
TallTexan said:

I know Oddyst can hit those shots. Hope he'll get his touch back soon.

He was draining them at Jack Madness, but just haven't seen it on the court yet.
Everyone has a bad game every now and then. Hopefully he will pick it up. That kind of play will get your playing time cut drastically.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.