Jacks in the AP Poll

2,125 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CertifiedAxeman98
RichieVan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks were part of the "others receiving votes", coming in with 7 points.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll
SFASawmillGuy
This is really huge! A win over Alabama later this week might be enough to get us some mid major madness votes!
sfajack05
Jacks are #8 in the college insiders poll. Voted on by mid-major coaches.

https://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php
CertifiedAxeman98
sfajack05 said:

Jacks are #8 in the college insiders poll. Voted on by mid-major coaches.

https://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php
Thanks for posting.
CertifiedAxeman98
I know that someone on here knows the Mid-major Madness guys right? I don't understand them. They changed their Twitter profile to Keller sporting the AxeEm jacks and have 2 write ups on their site. Then I listened to their first podcast after SFA upsets Duke and they don't talk about the SFA win, if they did it was less than 15 seconds since that is how much apple podcast skips ahead. Norlander and Parrish talked more about the SFA game than the podcast about mid-majors.
BigJack85
Wow. That was quick. I knew we would likely move into the poll , my guess was 15-16 or 17. Not #8. Wow. Axe 'Em Jacks
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I know that someone on here knows the Mid-major Madness guys right? I don't understand them. They changed their Twitter profile to Keller sporting the AxeEm jacks and have 2 write ups on their site. Then I listened to their first podcast after SFA upsets Duke and they don't talk about the SFA win, if they did it was less than 15 seconds since that is how much apple podcast skips ahead. Norlander and Parrish talked more about the SFA game than the podcast about mid-majors.

They are loser wannabes.
SFASawmillGuy
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

In a way I KIND OF understand their stance about not overreacting. We did go from losing to Rutgers to beating Duke, and we did have a straight up awful season last year. Not decent season. It was a garbage fire. 1 win will get you noticed and I think them leaving us out of even the 25 spot is crazy, but I do also agree that we need to keep it going and beat Alabama and have a few more convincing wins before people will take us seriously.

I've said it before, our history doesn't mean a lot to anyone but us. Last year is the most recent taste anyone has of SFA so every win we have over a high major is gonna be an upset in everyone but our eyes.

And note that the first loss we take this year from here on out, be it to Alabama or a SLC opponent, will completely take away all of our credibility with the rest of the nation and our chances of being ranked. It happened with Underwood when we lost to I believe Corpus Christi. This year is gonna remain tough for us because the entire country is looking down on us, and the only legit way we are going to be ranked in the AP or coaches poll will be to not lose any games. At all.

We need a huge season this year to get us back on the national radar and then next season we can talk about the country respecting SFA. Then the margin for error will open back up.
CertifiedAxeman98
You are only as good as your last at bat and honestly I'm not surprised that we are not in the mid major madness top 25. What surprised me was a podcast from someone calling themselves mid-major madness does not talk about the madness of a mid-major team in SFA upsetting Duke is odd to me. I agree you must do more than one big win and had SFA beat Rutgers and Duke then you must take note of SFA. The issue is we have a schedule with very few teams above 250 Kenpom rating. And playing 2 more SLC games only hurts us. Being in a conference of mostly sub 200 teams Will never help us in the rankings or seedings the conference must get better or we must leave. I think we should look for a tournament next year to play some better competition on neutral sites with a team that is not full of new players. I think Keller scheduled well to get this new team ready for the SLC schedule. We need some more home and homes with teams in the 100s rankings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.