Jacks in Spain

41,839 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought to gather all this trip in one thread.

CertifiedAxeman98
Is that a 20 piece Hart is eating? Before I went low carb I could have taken one of those down along with fries and a drink.

Also, how do we get more Under Armour gear for fans to buy than just this?

https://shop.sfajacks.com/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks/under-armour/t-35462598+br-707914+z-9475-1519676210

The warm up gear they have on I could use and my oldest would love to have. I still want the Chaos and Disruption gear and the warm up hoodie from last year was great.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Thought to gather all this trip in one thread.

Keep posting their stuff, 76. I don't want to miss anything.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Also, how do we get more Under Armour gear for fans to buy than just this?

https://shop.sfajacks.com/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks/under-armour/t-35462598+br-707914+z-9475-1519676210

The warm up gear they have on I could use and my oldest would love to have. I still want the Chaos and Disruption gear and the warm up hoodie from last year was great.
Had a discussion with Tyler about this, it's been one of my biggest pet peeves for a long time. I've been pretty vocal to a lot of people that I think our fan gear just sucks. You go in the book stores on campus and it's filled with random Nike stuff, some weird brands you've never heard of that we just put our logo on that just looks cheap (what is this?), mixed in with a few UA items.

One problem is the cool stuff that we see the players wear is team issued gear that isn't sold to the public, and that really goes for all schools. The other issue is just our school size in general, when it comes to Under Armour. Small schools like us are rarely going to get the custom gear that schools like Texas Tech and Auburn get for the NCAA tournament. We're not going to be on tv enough or have the sales to warrant that. Which I get. College athletics is a spot wear UA really struggles next to Nike and Adidas. The majority of the schools that they sponsor our our size.

But still think we should be doing more to have REAL UA gear made for us and for the fans. I don't know exactly what that is, but I believe it's something that Ivey has on his to do list. I go into Jack Backers and the UC store every time I come to Nac....and I rarely walk out with much if anything. The custom gear you can get through the site always comes back cheap looking, crooked, etc. I bought this custom shirt last year before going to Ireland (because we have very few SFA Basketball shirts) and it's off centered and the text is somewhat faded, as well as being a bad fitting shirt overall. I don't even want to wear it and can't return it because it's custom.

Sorry, I can go a long time on this topic. I always encourage everyone to be just as vocal about it, squeaky wheel gets the grease you know?
PurpleOut
Staff
Also, still wondering how much actual game coverage we'll get. Everyone has asked on Twitter, but they haven't responded or said anything about a schedule.
CertifiedAxeman98
Yeah I was hoping that I could stream something from Spain but have not see anything about that. I would get up early to see that. At a minimum they need a highlight reel from the trip.
PurpleOut
Staff
Definitely cool stuff. I hope they have someone else during the games getting footage.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Kevon tweeted about having to pay to use a public toilet.
nacluth
Nice. Time to have some fun.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Weekend games ...
PurpleOut
Staff
A lot more pics on Facebook. Ivey and it looks like several fans made the trip.
PurpleOut
Staff
And seriously, the "Lumberjack Basketball" shirt that John has on...would sell out immediately.
nacluth
It's got to be a good day to be a manager.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

A lot more pics on Facebook. Ivey and it looks like several fans made the trip.
Includes BOR Chair Brigettee Henderson and her husband Trey from Lufkin. I don't recognize others.
No-look
What's the daily time frame there compared to here?
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

What's the daily time frame there compared to here?
Seven hours time difference.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa
Any update on game coverage? Still haven't seen anything nor did I get a response on their Facebook page.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
As was mentioned, the Facebook posts have a lot more pictures.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
No-look
Anyone know game times tomorrow?
PurpleOut
Staff
Nobody seems to know.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
I was wondering whether Coach Mason made the trip. Guess that wouldn't have been wise.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76

RedRiverLa
So have I missed a schedule on who they are playing and when? SFA BB still won't respond other than making me feel like I'm watching the travel channel. We beat a basketball academy but who else are we playing? And I'm glad to see that for the last 10 months Keller is still focused in what matters as we climb back in the race
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's good to see a bit of a smile on Coach K's face again. Last season that was a rare occurance. I think he knows he's got a winner again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.