Kevon Harris - NBA

13,803 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pilotgirl
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I think we all assumed that would be the case, but very excited right now.
TallTexan
I am stoked. Let's start playing now.

Who was that school that's coming for a home game? Niagara? Somebody get them on the line and tell them the game is this Saturday.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Who was that school that's coming for a home game? Niagara? Somebody get them on the line and tell them the game is this Saturday.

Uh, let's wait at least until the new guys can find their way to WRJ, OK?
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Uh, let's wait at least until the new guys can find their way to WRJ, OK?
I'll draw them a map. School's out, I'll pick up the uhaul, you can load the back with their stuff, it'll be a roadtrip to remember. When we win a natty Ivey will put up a monument to your aching back, but it'll be worth it.
CertifiedAxeman98
Kevon decision to come back is the wise choice and declaring always seemed like a learning exercise and a way for him to get some exposure so scouts would be looking at him more this year. He needs this year to be a good one with a good tourney run to get more exposure. His route to the NBA may be the G league route but you never know if they have a good run this year (lots of ?s on that with basically a new team).
TallTexan
I'm definitely not surprised to see Kevon back, but I'm ecstatic to have him back.

What struck me most about him going through the draft process was when he tweeted this:

Devin Brooks wrote an article on Kevon last summer about how he shoots 1k shots per day in addition to the team workouts. And that's not enough? He's still going to step it up?

Kevon's gonna be back and he's gonna be on fire like we've never seen him.
PurpleOut
Staff
I need Kevon to show me he's more of a team leader. He's a leader statistically, but overall he seems rather quiet on the floor.
nacluth
Indeed. Also, his defense can be lockdown or nonexistent. He has surprisingly quick hands. Would like to see him be a leader both coming and going.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I need Kevon to show me he's more of a team leader. He's a leader statistically, but overall he seems rather quiet on the floor.
This. Absolutely this. He needs to lead.

He needs to not dribble into double and triple teams, turning the ball over. I want to see team basketball from him this season.

Having said that, I believe a lot of what we saw last season was him believing he had to do it himself due to the lack of quality around him and Bogues. His PPG will come. I will be watching turnovers and assists.

Very pleased he will be back. We know he is a great athlete. I want him to be a great basketball player.
Rev007
I also would like to see Kevon become more of a leader. After all, he's the team's best player and will be a senior.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

Devin Brooks wrote an article on Kevon last summer about how he shoots 1k shots per day in addition to the team workouts. And that's not enough? He's still going to step it up?

Kevon's gonna be back and he's gonna be on fire like we've never seen him.
Having never played professional basketball, I'd assume that what we think "is enough," isn't close.

We are talking about the NBA, like .0000001% of all basketball players are in this league.

He knows now what it takes. That the minimum for the NBA is far beyond what we would perceive as "enough."

I'd say this process has done exactly what it needed to do for him and it will only benefit him and the program.
sfa17
yeah the worst NBA player is probably still a pretty good basketball player, But we automatically compared them to the best.So fans think they "suck"
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

When we win a natty

You're such a tease, Texan. Stop it! Just stop it! I can't see the Jacks going farther than the Elite Eight.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

When we win a natty

You're such a tease, Texan. Stop it! Just stop it! I can't see the Jacks going farther than the Elite Eight.
Let's get you in to see a good eye doctor Ed, he'll help you see past the Elite 8.

Pilotgirl
Yup! Agree about all of this!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.