Houston Chronicle - Top 10 College Coaches in Texas

3,110 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LUMBERJACK2005
LUMBERJACK2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Chris Beard, Tech
2. Kelvin Sampson, UH
3. Scott Drew, Baylor
4. Buzz Williams, TAMU
5. Jaime Dixon, TCU (Think he's about to take the UCLA job)
6. Shaka Smart, UT
7. Johnny Jones, TSU
8. Tim Jankovich, SMU
9. Byron Jones, Prairie View
10. Jason Hooten, SHSU
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Ranking-the-Texas-college-basketball-coaches-13739225.php

Thoughts??

Definitely feel like Danny Kaspar and Rodney Terry (UTEP) should be on the list.
sfa17
Hooten has done almost nothing with his 10 years at prison tech. Almost ever fan at SMU wants to fire Jank, They absolutely want him out. go check out their forum PonyFans.com
LUMBERJACK2005
Agree on all fronts there. Hooten was the only name that I felt shouldn't be on the list, but admittedly, I know next to nothing about PVs coach. Just a matter of time before he's gone at SMU. I think his buyout is the only thing saving him. Its's pretty high because they had to give him incentive to leave being the head coach at Illinois State to be the head coach in waiting at SMU. Talking about injuries though, SMU has arguably been the unluckiest program in the country in terms of injuries the last few years (except Michigan State, missing 3 players and still in the final four smh).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.