SFA / Lamar (2)

23,158 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by No-look
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl just made the TV too. She famous.
Pilotgirl
Here we go guys!!
nacluth
Last media one point game but we're at the line.
cboothe09
Wonder if it has to do with the tweet he liked this week? Aaron tweeted something about what players do for coaches they love...Mitch, Jock, and Shannon all liked it...
nacluth
Two up with one minute left. Got the ball. Final minute play so crucial.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Two up with one minute left. Got the ball. Final minute play so crucial.

I'm nervous and I'm just watching the score ticker.
Pilotgirl
V lead the SFA cheer for him to miss at line
BigJack85
Another loss. Ugh.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Harris fumbles it. I don't know what he was doing. Looking for a foul?
SFASawmillGuy
Hello darkness my old friend...
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Harris fumbles it. I don't know what he was doing. Looking for a foul?

If he couldve just got a shot off. This one hrts and he is sooo upset
nacluth
Well couldn't finish, but it was at least encouraging play. We could win on Tuesday with that play, but hopefully this doesn't ruin their mood.
MasterAxe
Potentially unpopular take:

I know we lost, but that was a fun game to watch. Really well played (which we have done very little of recently).

But, three turnovers by our two best players in the last 30 seconds did us in.

Gotta hope for some luck in the late game results.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I think you are right on the mark Master......great, exciting game and we finally showed up to play....only to fumble it away late.....that might take a toll on the last 2 games.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just awful possessions to finish the game. But, that's what happens I guess when you only have two players that think they have to do it themselves. So easy to defend.

Awful.
Jacks4460
We played a lot better as a team..until the end..
PurpleOut
Staff
The good news is UCA and NWST have lost, with Corpus and HBU to play shortly. Our only hope.
BigJack85
14-14. That REALLY HURTS. Any one loss is no particular big deal but the accumulation is like dieing of a thousand cuts. At least there's sign of life. I feel like a few well played games like that a week or two ago and we're probably going into this game with a little confidence.
No-look
Thought we played well. Lamar got lucky in last three minutes. They hit some desperation threes. We missed some free throws that would have helped. Overall played a lot better than expected. Bring this game the rest of the way.
nacluth
PurpleOut
Staff
Also a big F U to the two tv guys tonight. By far the worst we've ever had. They couldn't call any of our players by the right name all night, and then I got a good laugh when Sammy steps to the line with 3 pts. He misses the FT and they said, "that's 4 now for Nieminen." He missed the shot! Goodness.

But I don't know if anyone caught this next part, but halfway through the second they were talking about Southland teams in the NCAA tournament. Said we had been a "few" times, but then said, "It doesn't matter, when you're in the Southland you know you're going to play the 1 seed." Not only is that incorrect but it's flat out embarrassing to fans of any team that have to hear that. We know we're a bad conference, we don't need two yahoos calling the game making it sound worse.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is going to sound crazy, but I'm more upbeat now than I was this morning (About the Jacks. Not so about the Ladyjacks.). Jacks played well. Their little #13 is a sharpshooter. He won the game for them.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Also a big F U to the two tv guys tonight. By far the worst we've ever had. They couldn't call any of our players by the right name all night, and then I got a good laugh when Sammy steps to the line with 3 pts. He misses the FT and they said, "that's 4 now for Nieminen." He missed the shot! Goodness.

But I don't know if anyone caught this next part, but halfway through the second they were talking about Southland teams in the NCAA tournament. Said we had been a "few" times, but then said, "It doesn't matter, when you're in the Southland you know you're going to play the 1 seed." Not only is that incorrect but it's flat out embarrassing to fans of any team that have to hear that. We know we're a bad conference, we don't need two yahoos calling the game making it sound worse.

That's really bad, the call about playing a number 1 seed. Didn't we play a 5 seed in VCU. We were a 12 that year I believe
PurpleOut
Staff
UNO is the only school with a 16 seed any time recently. We've been a 14 seed three times, and a 12 seed twice.
nacluth
Yep. We've been a 15 seed, a 12 seed twice, and a 14 seed twice.
Pilotgirl
We are Groot.

Pilotgirl
Getting some comfort food @ the Barrel....this will help
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Ok, working Monty Python into this thread. Nacluth, you are my moderator-of-the-year.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
You know, I don't know that I feel any better than I did yesterday. It's an L, whether it was by 2 or 20. Yes, we showed up against a 10-6 team at their place, If we do the same next game, then I'll start to feel slightly better. But right now, it feels like we just had a fluke good game, like we used to have that fluke of a bad game in years past. But, miracles can happen in a tournament, regardless how you get there, so I'm still hoping
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
This is exactly why I sink my TV to Q 107'.7 internet broadcast and turn the tv down - so I don't have to listen to these lower-tier buffoons.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

You know, I don't know that I feel any better than I did yesterday. It's an L, whether it was by 2 or 20. Yes, we showed up against a 10-6 team at their place, If we do the same next game, then I'll start to feel slightly better. But right now, it feels like we just had a fluke good game, like we used to have that fluke of a bad game in years past. But, miracles can happen in a tournament, regardless how you get there

Ya, I've been kind of meandering between "Eyore" type depression and moderate optimism. I believe my modest optimism may be misplaced. Every time I look at our season stats I am reminded that this team is nowhere near What it was three years ago.

The realists among us (there's not many) realize that all the talent in the world will not solve this dilemma. We do not have a true identity. Keller doesn't have a grip that I can see. I hope I'm wrong but the statistics don't lie. My guess is that 2019-2020 looks a lot like this with modest improvement. Probably fewer non-conference wins (we won't have ANY problem getting top tier opponents) Once they see the dumpster fire we are they'll be signing contracts to play once intimidating SFA. We'll win a few more conference games. Maybe finish 5th or 6th. It will look like progress but in reality we will have settled into the new Ned Fowler era reality.

Next year we go something like 18 - 12 next year overall, 10 - 8 in conference. Ivey is on the fence regarding retaining Keller. In my mind the 10 - 8 would say NO. Frankly the 8 - 10 finish we are hoping for this year says NO
RedRiverLa
You may be right, but I think the whole team can change next year, and I'm sure Keller doesn't want to feel anything close like he has this year. According to one of the CCs shows, the UIW game has been the only night he slept, I'm sure he's miserably stressed so I'm not writing off next year as the same, yet. I wasn't trying to be negative, but last nights close lost just seems more just like another L than some kind of breakthrough IMHO
Lumberjack Battalion
sfa17
This year was soo bad that we can't afford to have a average season next season. One of the worst sfa teams in probably the last 10 years. It will be impossible to do any worst than we did this year. Keller needs to have an exceptionally good season. Or it will be definite confirmation that we are going the wrong way
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

This year was soo bad that we can't afford to have a average season next season. One of the worst sfa teams in probably the last 10 years. It will be impossible to do any worst than we did this year. Keller needs to have an exceptionally good season. Or it will be definite confirmation that we are going the wrong way
Yep, we haven't missed the conference tournament since 2004-2005...which I remember well as a student.
BigJack85
I'm in the same camp. Unfortunately I'm just not that optimistic. In fact I'm pessimistic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.