SFA / Lamar (2)

22,935 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by No-look
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA (14-13, 7-8) vs. Lamar (17-12, 10-6)

WHEN: MAR. 22 (SAT) 4:30 P.M.
WHERE: Montagne Center (Beaumont, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

The Lumberjacks head to Beaumont Saturday afternoon for the middle stop on a long three game road trip. Lamar is riding a three game win streak over SFA - a feat that no Southland team in the last decade can boast of accomplishing. There is no real reason to think that it won't be four after this game as Lamar is arguably the hottest team in the SLC riding a 6 game win streak that started last month in Nacogdoches. In that time they have become the only team to blemish league leaders' Sam Houston record with a loss. They are coming off trouncing HBU by 35. Yikes.

Last time against the Jacks, the Cardinals absolutely dominated the Jacks on the boards out-rebounding the home team 41-13. Their relentless pressure inside opened up their perimeter game as the SFA defense had no answer for whatever Lamar wanted to do. Nick Garth has become one of the top guards in the league shooting from the outside while his inside counterpoint Josh Nzeakor has been playing with a ruthless efficiency. Christian Barrett has been handling rebounding duty like a man on a mission. Lamar is in the final push to see if they can get that last bye spot in Katy.

There's not much to cheer about on the Lumberjacks' side after laying a giant egg in Conway. Rebounding hasn't been as much of an issue lately, but the bigs for SFA will have to control the boards to have any hope of stopping Lamar. Giving them an extra 28 possessions like last game will lead to the same old result. Perimeter defense will have to be a priority. If Garth gets more than 10 points in the first half, it will be a long game. Offensively, SFA has to find some way to get more than Bogues and Harris shooting. SFA must have four 10 point scorers to win. Bain, Fitzgerald, Seraille, Comeaux, or even Cole will have to find a way to get the ball through the hoop. The Jacks need more than 65 to win.

Three games left in the regular season. SFA has a very tenuous grasp on the sixth seed at Katy. A win will almost guarantee them a trip at this point, but a loss puts them back to midterm study hall very shortly. Let's get this one. Beat Lamar.

Axe 'em!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Well, to be fair, this is the month where we historically play our best basketball.
nacluth
Agreed. Let's do this. #notdeadyet
No-look
TallTexan said:

Well, to be fair, this is the month where we historically play our best basketball.
Soooo, your saying there's a chance!
TallTexan
Need to order a big case of this & ship it to the athletic department:

BigJack85
This game is over before the end of the first half. We look and act defeated.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Game day!!!! Going for the Lumberjack zen today. No bad thoughts.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
nacluth said:

Game day!!!! Going for the Lumberjack zen today. No bad thoughts.

Good one nac.
MasterAxe
I think we lose.

HBU and Corpus win.

NW and UCA lose.

Three way tie for 6th seems like the likely scenario after today.
nacluth
Pretty much agree with this.
No-look
Looks like we've been beat into submission. Looking for crumbs to fall off the table. A bad place to visit but will not live there. It's gonna get better.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

I think we lose.

HBU and Corpus win.

NW and UCA lose.

Three way tie for 6th seems like the likely scenario after today.

Sad but true. A victory in Beaumont is unlikely even when we are good but this is not a team. Just two guys trying to get some help.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

SFA (14-13, 7-8) vs. Lamar (17-12, 10-6)

WHEN: MAR. 22 (SAT) 4:30 P.M.
WHERE: Montagne Center (Beaumont, TX)
WATCH: ESPN+

The Lumberjacks head to Beaumont Saturday afternoon for the middle stop on a long three game road trip. Lamar is riding a three game win streak over SFA - a feat that no Southland team in the last decade can boast of accomplishing. There is no real reason to think that it won't be four after this game as Lamar is arguably the hottest team in the SLC riding a 6 game win streak that started last month in Nacogdoches. In that time they have become the only team to blemish league leaders' Sam Houston record with a loss. They are coming off trouncing HBU by 35. Yikes.

Last time against the Jacks, the Cardinals absolutely dominated the Jacks on the boards out-rebounding the home team 41-13. Their relentless pressure inside opened up their perimeter game as the SFA defense had no answer for whatever Lamar wanted to do. Nick Garth has become one of the top guards in the league shooting from the outside while his inside counterpoint Josh Nzeakor has been playing with a ruthless efficiency. Christian Barrett has been handling rebounding duty like a man on a mission. Lamar is in the final push to see if they can get that last bye spot in Katy.

There's not much to cheer about on the Lumberjacks' side after laying a giant egg in Conway. Rebounding hasn't been as much of an issue lately, but the bigs for SFA will have to control the boards to have any hope of stopping Lamar. Giving them an extra 28 possessions like last game will lead to the same old result. Perimeter defense will have to be a priority. If Garth gets more than 10 points in the first half, it will be a long game. Offensively, SFA has to find some way to get more than Bogues and Harris shooting. SFA must have four 10 point scorers to win. Bain, Fitzgerald, Seraille, Comeaux, or even Cole will have to find a way to get the ball through the hoop. The Jacks need more than 65 to win.

Three games left in the regular season. SFA has a very tenuous grasp on the sixth seed at Katy. A win will almost guarantee them a trip at this point, but a loss puts them back to midterm study hall very shortly. Let's get this one. Beat Lamar.

Axe 'em!

Rinse and repeat till November 2020.
Pilotgirl
On the road to Cardinal country....gonna be a tough one for both gals n guys. Hoping to find some good food while we are down there. Last road trip for us until Katy (girls at least). AxeEm!
nacluth
Have a good time. We need the Ladyjacks to crush Lamar's will.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Have a good time. We need the Ladyjacks to crush Lamar's will.

YES!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm here at the Montague Center. Nice size crowd of SFA fans to support the Ladyjacks.
nacluth
Ok Ed. I won't ban you today despite what TallTexan pm'd me. Your a true fan to drive into Beaumont.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm here at the Montague Center. Nice size crowd of SFA fans to support the Ladyjacks.

It is a nice crowd...and they need our support for this game!
Pilotgirl
Oh joy....

TallTexan
nacluth said:

Ok Ed. I won't ban you today despite what TallTexan pm'd me. Your a true fan to drive into Beaumont.

Oh come on, the Bearkat speedo he's wearing in all his cruise photos on Facebook is totally ban worthy!
TallTexan
I'm at Rodeo Houston, so I'll have to follow along online today.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

I'm at Rodeo Houston, so I'll have to follow along online today.

Who are you there to see? Tomorrow is Panic! And V had 2 free tickets but gave them up bc she knows I won't do the 600 section. She knows me so well.
cboothe09
Turnpike Troubadours tonight. Wanted to go but in Grapeland visiting family
TallTexan
Yep we've been wanting to catch Turnpike in concert for a few years, so it was the perfect reason to drive down.
SFA Jack Fanatic
So, Texan, you criticize me and them admit that you're at a rodeo cheering for kids in a calf scramble and not in Beaumont cheering for the Jacks?

Ban him, Ryan!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Two of the usual SLC suspects wearing zebra shirts today. Geezzz...
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

So, Texan, you criticize me and them admit that you're at a rodeo cheering for kids in a calf scramble and not in Beaumont cheering for the Jacks?

Ban him, Ryan!

I'm doing double duty. I'm supporting our Jacks, and scouting calf scramble kids for future middle linebackers.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks showing some energy so far. Getting some good looks.
RedRiverLa
Well, I'm watching at home and about to walk to the Mardi Gras parade, so the good times are gonna roll tonight regardless. Plus, I'm going to sport my SFA purple in the midst of the LSU purple-heavy crowd - so Axe me somethin' mister!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Up 15-14 at the 2nd TO.
nacluth
Oh man just got to turn it on. We're doing so good, maybe I should go away again.
nacluth
Grujic doing work.
nacluth
Offense looks like it has movement! The last two minutes have been impressive.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yes, offense is not stagnant so far. Lamar controlling the middle so far.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.