SFA / Arlington Baptist

10,301 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJack85
jboy93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much does AB get out of a game like that? Are the bucks that big for them to get stomped?
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

Brandon Belt here tonight.
Pardon my ignorance, but who is he?

The guy who's gonna build half our on campus baseball stadium. The Dozier Belt Ballpark.
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Hudson grad. Plays for the San Francisco Giants
Oh, I was not thinking baseball.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

The guy who's gonna build half our on campus baseball stadium. The Dozier Belt Ballpark.
Now, if we could just get all of the big money guys together who we've said at various times are going to build all of the cool stuff on campus to pool their pennies we could really have something....
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

How much does AB get out of a game like that? Are the bucks that big for them to get stomped?
They get 50% of tonight's gate, which comes to $8.85.
cboothe09
The biggest takeaway from the night? Renewed confidence for Duece. Hit his only three pointer and was able to drive the lane and get into the scoring column.
nacluth
All five starters got double digits. Double-double for Kevon, Bogues 9 assists. It was a cakewalk, but a nice one for the most part. It's nice to see us up 50 on a team others are beating by as much.

Does anyone know about the walk-on that's suiting up with the team?
Tadapocus
nacluth said:

All five starters got double digits. Double-double for Kevon, Bogues 9 assists. It was a cakewalk, but a nice one for the most part. It's nice to see us up 50 on a team others are beating by as much.

His name is Ed.
cboothe09
He's a freshman. His name is Edward Ruiz. No bio on SFAJacks.com yet. Can't really find anything online yet
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Hudson grad. Plays for the San Francisco Giants
And, University of Texas grad.
No-look
edstile said:

Good to see Jock take a shot, and make it.
He passes up open threes a lot. Wish he would take a few more. He's a shooter. Good to see him and Mitch getting playing time. Usually don't get a lot of playing time from freshman.
HJC69
Brandon attended San Jac and UT. Has two World Series rings as starting 1st baseman for the Giants. We could have won by 80 tonight is Coach Keller had wanted to.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

I think he may be one of the managers. That's what some students told me
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

I believe his Twitter bio said that last week.
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

nacluth said:

RAll five starters got double digits. Double-double for Kevon, Bogues 9 assists. It was a cakewalk, but a nice one for the most part. It's nice to see us up 50 on a team others are beating by as much.

You know you're short handed when the managers start suiting out. Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
I believe someone told me tried to walk on before the season and then was on the women's practice squad (very common) and moved over. Awesome experience for him.
BigJack85
edstile said:

jboy93 said:

They get 50% of tonight's gate, which comes to $8.85.

There was a pretty good story in one of the mid major magazines about this I believe it is common for a payout of anywhere between 10k-30k for this type of opponent. My guess is it was closer to the bottom end. Possibly less than 10k.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.