SFA / San Francisco

20,464 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cboothe09
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Wow. Didn't see the end to that game coming. Wish this was the Miami game. We're the ones whose record is better than it is. We're five games behind where we should be. We had 20 minutes of good ball. San Francisco is the team we want to be right now.

Positive: Mitch and Bain are ready to play respectable minutes.
Negative: They are supposed to be the last two behind Holyfield, Nieminen, Nicholas, Fitzgerald...

Positive: Kevon is starting to look like old Kevon.
Negative: Shannon still struggling to be old Shannon.

Positive: Only second loss of the season and first team that was good competition to compare ourselves too.
Negative: December is filled with good competition.
Positive: Keller is looking snazzy in his new blazers and jackets this year.
Negative: We play better with 80s chic Keller.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Ivey at the game or at home?
Volleyball yesterday. The rather important task of hiring a football coach the rest of the time.
SFAJack_76
Generally agree with nacluth assessments.

Those that read my posts know how critical I believe PG play to be. SF point had nine assists and two turnovers. SFA point had zero assists and four turnovers. No question which team wins that game. Not all was on Augustin. Shooters, Bogues, did not shoot well at all. Kevon scored well, with most coming on drives to the rim.

Fitzgerald was supposed to be the stud inside guy to bridge the year between Gilmore and Seraille/Nicholas. Up to now, not even close. Decent on offense. Non factor, generally looking lost or lazy, on defense. Seems to avoid any hint of contact inside. Fifth on the team in rebounds per game. The light came on for Gilmore about half way through conference his first year. Hoping it will for Fitzgerald. Nicholas is athletic, but undisciplined. Seraille may be our best inside dude right now.

Not enough perfume to cover the stink of that second half. Learn and go again tomorrow.
CertifiedAxeman98
Agreed Seraille appears to be the best post player at this point. I think he should get the start over Nicholas going forward when Sammy is out. He makes some mistakes but I think he is better than Gru. Kevon finally looking more like he did last year. Needed Augustin to be much better today if they were going to win and will need to be tomorrow. D still needs help badly. Drive kick out for uncontested 3s or open backdoor cuts won't cut it.
ljax1979
Positive:

• USF had the second highest rebound margin in the nation going into this game. Glad to see they only beat us by one.

Negative

• A lot, but to only get 12 turnovers for this defense hurts a ton! We are 242nd in defensive turnovers this season (I know it's early) but that used to be our calling card. We were 1st in the nation last year and in '15-'16.
SFAJack_76
I find this from Nicholas to be encouraging.

nacluth
Hope he doesn't read my comments. Not impressive at all. I felt like he spotted SF 10 points alone.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
What happened to "Miami Nicholas"?
Txjack
Was that Nicholas in the 2nd half with another bounce off the backboard--slam attempt, but hit the top of the glass. We couldn't even showboat correctly in the second half....
RedRiverLa
Was I the only one that felt sorry for the entire class of school children that were assigned to cheer for the Jacks? 'No please, you're too young to develop heart problems, you see we lost TJ and John and can you come back on board when conference play starts?.'
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
sfa17
i felt the same way. Didnt want to disappoint the kids.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Txjack said:

Was that Nicholas in the 2nd half with another bounce off the backboard--slam attempt, but hit the top of the glass. We couldn't even showboat correctly in the second half....
It happened fast, but I'm pretty sure that was not a showboat attempt by anyone. Ugly - yes. And I'm not sure who's hands it came off of.
Txjack
edstile said:

Txjack said:

It happened fast, but I'm pretty sure that was not a showboat attempt by anyone. Ugly - yes. And I'm not sure who's hands it came off of.
It did happen fast, agreed. Don't have the luxury of a replay.

Well if it was, I am okay with showboating....as long as you make it.
TallTexan
Same. We needed a spark and he nearly provided it. But it almost looked more like an oops moment.
PurpleOut
Staff
USF smoked Cal last night. Cal sucks, but I think everyone is still underestimating how good the Dons are.
cboothe09
USF has me feeling like I did after the Miami game. If we were to play that game in late December, the final score would be much different. Not saying we win, but it isn't a 20-point loss either...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.