BELFAST CLASSIC

19,402 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buffalo 76
Marist 49
sfa17
a post from a Belfast local who is going to be attending the Belfast classic

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/a0jcfi/belfast_classic_basketball_hall_of_fame/

He needs help picking a team to support!!
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

a post from a Belfast local who is going to be attending the Belfast classic

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/a0jcfi/belfast_classic_basketball_hall_of_fame/

He needs help picking a team to support!!
Tried to give him a pretty good writeup, awesome to see the locals coming out. We should have had the University hit the Belfast area with a couple hundred bucks of targeted facebook ads.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

sfa17 said:

Tried to give him a pretty good writeup, awesome to see the locals coming out. We should have had the University hit the Belfast area with a couple hundred bucks of targeted facebook ads.
Hey, that was a great write-up, Texan! Made me almost want to enroll at the university again.

BTW, the Dons fan said they can shoot lights-out from downtown. Here's hoping they visit numerous pubs Thursday and experience massive hangovers Friday morning.
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

Hey, that was a great write-up, Texan! Made me almost want to enroll at the university again.

BTW, the Dons fan said they can shoot lights-out from downtown. Here's hoping they visit numerous pubs Thursday and experience massive hangovers Friday morning.
It just wouldn't be right if we didn't atleast help the Dons out with their bar tabs. I can kick in $20 for their Thursday night outing. Maybe we can venmo it to Matt.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Yeah, I'm sure they're "studying" Twitter, ESPN, and Snapchat.
TheOld300
I know this is a SFA forum, but if yall want to watch a little basketball tonight, Central Heights is playing Nacogdoches at Nac. Wear some blue and come watch a cross town rivalry!!
nacluth
Wear some blue?!? Black and Gold my friend.
TheOld300
I coach at Central Heights
cboothe09
A quick look at San Francisco and I'm not sure they are as good as their record indicates...
UC-Davis (1-6) - Only win has come against a bad A&M-CC team...
Maine (0-6) - Maine has played some decent teams (Utah, NC State, UNT), but has lost to a stinker in Quinnipaic
Sonoma (4-2) - Sonoma State has listed their DI games as exhibitions, propping their record up...
LIU (3-3) - Their two DI wins were by a combined 4 points...The loss to Milwaukee wasn't good
Harvard (3-3) - Harvard is not a bad team. Northeastern and URI are good teams, and nothing wrong with losing to those two. Wouldn't brag on beating MIT, St. Mary's (Waaay down), or UMass
Dartmouth (3-3) - Only one DI win for the Big Green, and that was an 82-80 squeaker over Loyola (Maryland). Their three losses come to each of their other DI opponents.

I don't think San Francisco is a bad team, but I think they are boosted from a weaker schedule to this point. Harvard is arguably their best win right now. One thing they do have going for them is a lot of confidence and they have seen plenty of DI teams this year.

Defense will have to be active and strong on the perimeter to slow down their shooters. Do that and control the paint and we will have a date against Buffalo...
nacluth
I want what Kevon's having.

SFAJack_76
Keller rarely tweets.

No-look
nacluth said:

I want what Kevon's having.

And looks like Heinz catchup gets around.
Pilotgirl
cboothe09 said:

A quick look at San Francisco and I'm not sure they are as good as their record indicates...
UC-Davis (1-6) - Only win has come against a bad A&M-CC team...
Maine (0-6) - Maine has played some decent teams (Utah, NC State, UNT), but has lost to a stinker in Quinnipaic
Sonoma (4-2) - Sonoma State has listed their DI games as exhibitions, propping their record up...
LIU (3-3) - Their two DI wins were by a combined 4 points...The loss to Milwaukee wasn't good
Harvard (3-3) - Harvard is not a bad team. Northeastern and URI are good teams, and nothing wrong with losing to those two. Wouldn't brag on beating MIT, St. Mary's (Waaay down), or UMass
Dartmouth (3-3) - Only one DI win for the Big Green, and that was an 82-80 squeaker over Loyola (Maryland). Their three losses come to each of their other DI opponents.

I don't think San Francisco is a bad team, but I think they are boosted from a weaker schedule to this point. Harvard is arguably their best win right now. One thing they do have going for them is a lot of confidence and they have seen plenty of DI teams this year.

Defense will have to be active and strong on the perimeter to slow down their shooters. Do that and control the paint and we will have a date against Buffalo...
Nice scouting ....!
nacluth
Like you have pointed out, San Fran is propped up by a weak schedule so far. I guess the same could be said of us. We need to be a team - more than a collection of talent to stop them. We need Harris and Bogues on their A game with supporting cast playing united. We have it in us. Now we just do it.
SFAJack_76
Good stuff .....

SFAJack_76
Building the international fan base.

SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
jboy93
Is anyone else noticing that Jovan is not in any pictures? Did he make the trip?
CertifiedAxeman98
I had the same question. Visa issue maybe?
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I had the same question. Visa issue maybe?
It's always more of a PITA for international students to travel, I remember a few classmates at UT having issues for our international trip to the UK.
cboothe09
We're hiding him from San Francisco and Buffalo. One thing to see him on tape, but his sheer size in person is something that brings awe upon opponents. We're just going to save that for gameday and catch the Dons off guard when they see him trot out of the tunnel to start the game...
SFAJack_76
Nieminen is there. Glad to see both TJ and Comeaux made the trip. Stinks for Jovan if he could not go.
SFAJack_76
Visa issues for Jovan. Needed visas for both UK and Ireland. Apparently not known until too late. Real shame the senior does not get to have the experience.
nacluth
Total bummer! After the national championship game and he graduates, someone needs to get that man a week trip to Ireland...or maybe even a cruise.
SFAJack_76
Nieminen practicing.

TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Visa issues for Jovan. Needed visas for both UK and Ireland. Apparently not known until too late. Real shame the senior does not get to have the experience.

That really really sucks for Jovan.
HJC69
How on earth could this happen? Feel so bad for Jovan. Go Jacks
HJC69
Win the tournament for Jovan!!
TallTexan
HJC69 said:

Win the tournament for Jovan!!
Ireland is going to rue this day when Jovan takes over the world.
Pilotgirl
Well...they finally look a bit more rested!! Keller still looks a bit jet-lagged...
SFAJack_76
Halftime from Belfast:

Marist 41
Dartmouth 31
TallTexan
When do we play?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.