2018 Hall of Fame Class

2,219 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This weekend after the game I'm going to the Hall of Fame induction reception for Danny Kaspar. Also being inducted are Marcus Clark (MBB), Pete Harris (MBB), and Leonard Harris (FB).

While all deserve it, I'm especially glad that the college is recognizing Kaspar. His work is still paying dividends 6 years after his departure. His relentless adherence to a total defensive style was maddening at times, but it was the lever to lift SFA MBB up to the position where we were always in the mix. Underwood and Keller may have superior careers ultimately, but they wouldn't be part of our legacy without the yeoman's work Kaspar did in his years here.

Here's the old press release: https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/7/27/football-2018-stephen-f-austin-hall-of-fame-class-announced.aspx
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

This weekend after the game I'm going to the Hall of Fame induction reception for Danny Kaspar. Also being inducted are Marcus Clark (MBB), Pete Harris (MBB), and Leonard Harris (FB).

While all deserve it, I'm especially glad that the college is recognizing Kaspar. His work is still paying dividends 6 years after his departure. His relentless adherence to a total defensive style was maddening at times, but it was the lever to lift SFA MBB up to the position where we were always in the mix. Underwood and Keller may have superior careers ultimately, but they wouldn't be part of our legacy without the yeoman's work Kaspar did in his years here.

Here's the old press release: https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/7/27/football-2018-stephen-f-austin-hall-of-fame-class-announced.aspx
Agreed. Kaspar is the foundation of the pyramid, even if sometimes you find yourself pulling your hair out to just shoot the dang ball.

And in football, we definitely need a Kaspar type coach who can lay the foundation of a winning program. Glad to see he's being recognized.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Well said, Ryan and Texan! And I agree with the Texan's assessment of Kasparball... "Shoot the dang ball, will ya, please?!".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.