Prediction Contest Winners

9,054 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last season I was happy to host and sponsor the Kinnaird Guitars Prediction Contest throughout the year. I know it's a little late, but I thought I would announce the official winners and show off their prizes. I'll be happy to run the contest again in the new season, but I will be looking for a new sponsor. Thanks to the 30+ people who participated in over 30 games worth of predictions. Congratulations to all the winners!

Grand Prize - cboothe09
2nd Prize - PurpleForever
3rd Prize - Ljacks&Longnecks

These prizes are on their way...

Come back in a couple of months to try your skill at next season's contest. Get your friends to join The Sawmill and play along too. It's free and you could win!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Nacluth, no matter what Ed says, you're awesome. Thanks for sponsoring the contest.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Thanks for your good work on the contest and on the Sawmill. You are a true asset and gentleman!
There....that should garner me a good head start for next contest!
PurpleOut
Staff
Great job running this Ryan! I didn't participate (superstition on predicting games), but it definitely was enjoyable to follow and made the forum more exciting for everyone.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Great job running this Ryan! I didn't participate (superstition on predicting games), but it definitely was enjoyable to follow and made the forum more exciting for everyone.
You can always take my approach to breaking superstitions, predict that SFA wins every game.
Txjack
Ditto...thank you Ryan...the contest just adds to the fun of following SFA BB. Even if it gets cut throat at times; I didn't even report the Lumberjack on Lumberjack crime that was committed against me for picking Tech over us in the tourney. I cried purple tears that day...
TallTexan
Txjack said:

Ditto...thank you Ryan...the contest just adds to the fun of following SFA BB. Even if it gets cut throat at times; I didn't even report the Lumberjack on Lumberjack crime that was committed against me for picking Tech over us in the tourney. I cried purple tears that day...
To be fair, you brought that upon yourself by jinxing us. You're lucky we didn't exile you to Lubbock.
nacluth
Thanks everyone for the kind words. My pleasure putting on the contest. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to those nights crunching everyone's numbers again.

Good news! We have a sponsor for this coming season's competition: Expedia CruiseShipCenters! Your main man edstile is putting up a cruise as the grand pri...Wait, I'm getting a message that I had gotten some bad info. Ed is going to be the new sponsor, and he's ready to help you book the cruise of your dreams at the right price all while letting you in on the best SFA pick 'em on the planet. Please patronize him at every opportunity. (That's the correct term, right?)
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Cruise giveaway? This isn't going to be a kayak on the ag pond is it?
Txjack
TallTexan said:

Txjack said:

To be fair, you brought that upon yourself by jinxing us. You're lucky we didn't exile you to Lubbock.
Oh, it is on now...I will be fueled by revenge this year and not to mention that family cruise to the destination of your choice that nacluth and edstile are putting up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. My pleasure putting on the contest. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to those nights crunching everyone's numbers again.

Good news! We have a sponsor for this coming season's competition: Expedia CruiseShipCenters! Your main man edstile is putting up a cruise as the grand pri...Wait, I'm getting a message that I had gotten some bad info. Ed is going to be the new sponsor, and he's ready to help you book the cruise of your dreams at the right price all while letting you in on the best SFA pick 'em on the planet. Please patronize him at every opportunity. (That's the correct term, right?)
Wait, wait, wait, wait.....

No cruise, people. Just more cheesy crap!!!!!!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sailing Sailing .wow what a great prize Ed....you da man. Plus with my earlier high praise of Nacluth, I'm a shoe in.
nacluth
No-look
nacluth said:

https://youtu.be/
Sweet! I'm trying put some guitar licks into this video.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Cheesy crap, guys. ONLY CHEESY CRAP.

(Ryan, what have you done to me??)
cboothe09
Just letting you know my favorite islands are Grand Cayman and Grand Turks. You know, for when I repeat as champ...
nacluth
Ed, just tell your bosses you have a potential goldmine of sales here and you need them to throw you one little bone of a trip. Like a 3 day-er to Cancun. It's all going to work out fine.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Just letting you know my favorite islands are Grand Cayman and Grand Turks. You know, for when I repeat as champ...
Sure, but be aware that all portions of your dream vacation over and above the price of cheesy crap should be billed directly to Kinnaird Guitars, Nacogdoches, Texas 75961.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I never did like this song. Now I absolutely hate it!
TallTexan
If you win the "free cruise" Ed gives out, I'm pretty sure you're going to get Shanghaied.
djsfw57
Nice prizes! Thanks for sponsoring this last year.
SFA88
I just got back from a week long Alaskan cruise but I'm ready to go back. Thanks Ed. ;-)

By the way, I'll take a full suite and a balcony.
nacluth
SFA88 said:

I just got back from a week long Alaskan cruise but I'm ready to go back. Thanks Ed. ;-)
Well don't leave us hanging 88, how was that? It's on my bucket list, but I would like to hear a first hand account.
SFA88
It was on my wife's list too. It was fantastic! Save your pennies for the balcony and definitely save them for one of the glacier excursions. We did the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion and visited both the north and south arms of the Sawyer glacier. Pictures can't capture the beauty and size of everything. There were seals hanging out on ice flows and we were extremely lucky to see some humpback whales.

I also recommend the White Pass & Yukon Route train ride out of Skagway, if you are not afraid of heights and narrow gauge trains running along cliffs.

Food was great and the beer, Alaskan Amber, was even better.
nacluth
Wow! That sounds like a great time. I'll start a new piggy bank...or get better at my predictions.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

It was on my wife's list too. It was fantastic! Save your pennies for the balcony and definitely save them for one of the glacier excursions. We did the Tracy Arm Fjord excursion and visited both the north and south arms of the Sawyer glacier. Pictures can't capture the beauty and size of everything. There were seals hanging out on ice flows and we were extremely lucky to see some humpback whales.

I also recommend the White Pass & Yukon Route train ride out of Skagway, if you are not afraid of heights and narrow gauge trains running along cliffs.

Food was great and the beer, Alaskan Amber, was even better.
I agree with everything you said, 88. It's a fantastic vacation! My wife and I went on a cruise tour (seven-day cruise on the Inside Passage and six-day land tour, including riding the Alaska Railroad, Mount McKinley, and Denali National Park) four years ago. We're doing Alaska again next June but with a different cruise line this time.

Words can't describe how beautiful Alaska is. Eye candy everywhere!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Received my prizes Ryan, thanks again. I'll look good sporting my shirt on the Alaskan cruise that Ed is providing next year......
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Received my prizes Ryan, thanks again. I'll look good sporting my shirt on the Alaskan cruise that Ed is providing next year......
Wait... What?!
TallTexan
edstile said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Wait... What?!
Don't worry Ed, I got you.

Remember guys, it is a destination of your choosing, not necessarily limited to the far north. Ed handles cruises across the globe.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Wait... What?!
Don't worry Ed, I got you.

Remember guys, it is a destination of your choosing, not necessarily limited to the far north. Ed handles cruises across the globe.

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

(Now, back to SFA athletics... Please!)
SFA88
I often forget to make a prediction and when I do remember I stink at it. I do enjoy following it though and I appreciate those that run it and put up prizes for it.

I'm excited for both basketball teams and I have my fingers crossed that football will be decent.

(Is that better Ed?)
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

I often forget to make a prediction and when I do remember I stink at it. I do enjoy following it though and I appreciate those that run it and put up prizes for it.

I'm excited for both basketball teams and I have my fingers crossed that football will be decent.

(Is that better Ed?)
Excellent, 88. Maybe that Texan fellow and the Guitar Man can learn some things from your obviously superior level of intelligence and sportsmanship.
TallTexan
edstile said:

SFA88 said:

(Is that better Ed?)
Excellent, 88. Maybe that Texan fellow and the Guitar Man can learn some things from your obviously superior level of intelligence and sportsmanship.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.