Article on Kevon Harris

4,717 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pilotgirl
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Good read, https://theathleticherald.com/sfa-basketball/
tangerito
Nice article on Kevon. I like that he has confidence in the new guys coming in. I've heard that Seraille may be the most athletic kid we've had suit up in some time.
TallTexan
I love this:

"All I did was come out and play," Harris said. "I feel like I'm the best player on the court and one of the best players in all of college basketball." Emphasis mine.

Can't wait to see him play this year.
TallTexan
From the article: "Harris shoots roughly 1,000 shots per day plus the organized practices and workouts with the team."

That's an incredible time commitment. I grab the basketball for fun after my gym workout most mornings and at best, I probably shoot 50 times in 10 minutes. It'd take me nearly two hours extra a day to shoot that much.
nacluth
It will be interesting to see what a Harris led team will look like. "My teammates have embraced me as the leader..." I hope they have his fire for sure.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

It will be interesting to see what a Harris led team will look like. "My teammates have embraced me as the leader..." I hope they have his fire for sure.
There are not many teams in the country that could match Kevon, Shannon, & TJ when they're all having a good night.

Hopefully our PGs are getting a bit more accurate from 3 so that people can't leave the perimeters open & we'll go far.
beaubrad46
Actually Augustin was pretty accurate from three point range last year. He was just shy about shooting the ball. Comeaux's three point shots didn't have enough arch on them. I don't think that we saw the best of Comeaux last year. He started off the year injured and never seemed to quite get over it. He also has large feet that got in the way of his dribbling last year. He dribbled the ball of his foot a number of times. I believe that they will coach that out of him. Comeax could be a very dynamic player.
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
tangerito
People overlook a healthy Bain. This may be the first year he will be healthy from the get go. I think he will be one of the first off the bench and a major contributor.
beaubrad46
I like Bain. He is very athletic and plays really hard. What I haven't seen is skills yet. I hope that he shows that this year, otherwise Seraille will move ahead of him quickly in the rotation. This is a do or die season for Bain. We have a lot invested in him.
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
TallTexan
I think Comeaux did well contributing on the defensive end. And his athleticism is unreal when he's playing well.

I'll be interested to see where they take steps forward this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Good read, https://theathleticherald.com/sfa-basketball/

Excellent article! Gets my MBB juices flowing again. Man, am I ready for some basketball!

This is the first I've known about the Athletic Herald. I see that it's based in Cedar Hill. I hope some potential recruits in the DFW area see the article.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Hopefully our PGs are getting a bit more accurate from 3 so that people can't leave the perimeters open & we'll go far.
I'm confident that Jock Hughes is going to make that happen. He was an excellent outside shooter in HS.
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

I like Bain. He is very athletic and plays really hard. What I haven't seen is skills yet. I hope that he shows that this year, otherwise Seraille will move ahead of him quickly in the rotation. This is a do or die season for Bain. We have a lot invested in him.
I've liked his athleticism since he set foot on campus. Here's hoping he can stay healthy for a full season. He'll provide some needed depth.
No-look
Great article on Kevon! Hope the new guys adhere to that and buy in 110%. Not to overhype the freshmen but hoping they contribute a lot this year. This year could be the best team yet. I'm ready for some basketball! It's hard to beat a team that's bought what the coaches are selling. And our coaches are selling a GREAT product!
Pilotgirl
I really like Bain, too. Hoping he is even healthier and can contribute more. Good to see this kind of focus, drive, and motivation from Kevon!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.