SFA NCAA era vs SFA NAIA era, who's your pick?

10,165 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

beaubrad46 said:

Yes, but there' still the problem that there is only 800 seats.
Not really in my opinion, we've had winter break games in the past in the Coliseum with attendance under 1,000. And again, if they were serious about it they could add better temporary bleachers on the floor to put it over 1,000. A full Shelton gym with 1,000 people would be great and very loud. Everyone that I talked with that went to that game loved it. I do however understand it's more difficult to park/walk to for our older crowd.
We were there and really enjoyed it. I do now remember some steps to go through for tickets, but just don't recall it being onerous. Probably I just don't remember.

I probably don't quite fit what is being referred to as the "older" crowd yet, but I know several that do that were at that game and regularly attend volleyball matches at Shelton. Recalling a previous thread with comments about how difficult it is for the "older" crowd to get to games at WRJ. The alternative to having a game at Shelton on graduation day is to do like they did for the Ladyjacks in 2015 and have a 9:00 PM start at WRJ. Announced attendance for that was 311. We were there and it might have been less. Yes, I understand that is a bit of an apples and oranges comparison, but if they have to have a game on graduation day, a 9:00 pm start at WRJ will not outdraw an earlier start at Shelton.
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
RedRiverLa said:

PurpleOut said:

beaubrad46 said:

Yes, but there' still the problem that there is only 800 seats.
Not really in my opinion, we've had winter break games in the past in the Coliseum with attendance under 1,000. And again, if they were serious about it they could add better temporary bleachers on the floor to put it over 1,000. A full Shelton gym with 1,000 people would be great and very loud. Everyone that I talked with that went to that game loved it. I do however understand it's more difficult to park/walk to for our older crowd.
That's a great point on the temp bleachers. If I remember, they did put a row, maybe two, of chairs around the bottom, but it seemed nobody really wanted to sit there - we decided to 'old style it' on the benches at the top. You know, may not be in the budget, but how fun would a 'throwback' uniform game be there - invite the old players - it if was marketed and ticketed right, I think it could be built into a sustainable event for one of the lower division opponents at the beginning of the season when WRJ feels like a cavern.
Agreed. We added one row of seats opposite the benches. Plenty of room to add even small temp bleachers on that side.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.