Shannon Bogues Headed to Brazil for AIA Play

18,616 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shannon Booooogues! Love the announcer!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
Shannon scores 61-55 USA
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
67-62 USA 4:13 remaining

SFAXE93
Here comes Argentina 69-67 USA 2:45
nacluth
Just when you think you'll never hear Erik Thomas' name again.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
TJ and Shannon teaming up for the tough defense!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

TJ and Shannon teaming up for the tough defense!
Watching now. Shannon is playing some great defense!
SFAXE93
74-67 USA 1:54
nacluth
I could watch Bogues all day! Can't wait for November!
SFA Jack Fanatic
At crunch time, both SFA guys in the floor!
SFAXE93
Shannon icing it at the line 78-69

28 sec
nacluth
Winners!
SFAXE93
USA Gold!
nacluth
Bogues got a last second technical, but I don't think he even knew what for.
SFAJack_76
Keller likes to recruit winners. TJ and Shannon are winners.
beaubrad46
Argentina was really frustrated with Bogues aggressive play on defense. The referees were also frustrated with it too. That is the only reason they called a technical. Those refs had an extreme South American bias. They are not used to that kind of aggressive defensive play there. The good news is that the USA won and our players were a big part of it and we didn't have anyone injured.
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
Pilotgirl
Did anyone know what it is for? I was sooo confused.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Did anyone know what it is for? I was sooo confused.
The tournament was part of the inaugural FISU America Games held in Sao Paulo, Brazil, July 20-28, 2018. The closing ceremonies were held yesterday. The Games are a multi-sport event sanctioned by the International University Sports Federation (FISU). Alternating with the Summer and Winter Universiades, which invite all the countries of the world for the biennial events, the FISU America Games are a regional multi-sport event similar to the Pan-American Games for FISU member-countries of North and South America held in even-numbered years.

Nearly 1,000 student-athletes from 12 North and South American countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, United States and Uruguay competed in 13 sports.

The United States delegation of 96 student-athletes competed in men's and women's basketball, judo, track and field, and men's and women's volleyball. Additional sports the U.S. did not have representation in include futsal, swimming, table tennis, taekwondo, tennis, women's soccer, Paralympic swimming, Paralympic table tennis and Paralympic track and field.

The US men's basketball team, which included our two SFA guys, was represented by a selected group of players from around the country by the Christian-focused Athletes in Action organization (thus, the AIA on their jerseys). The Brazil tournament was not the only one. Other AIA teams were sent to tournaments in the Czech Republic/Spain, East Asia, and New Zealand,

BTW, the women's basketball team won the Gold, too.
nacluth
Great recap Ed. I think she was talking about the technical. I'm not sure, but I think Bogues kept talking after the foul that he drew to seal the game.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Great recap Ed. I think she was talking about the technical. I'm not sure, but I think Bogues kept talking after the foul that he drew to seal the game.

Bogues told the kid he plays like Sam Houston and the refs thought that was a little too harsh.
Pilotgirl
I knew what the Games were for...I was referring to the tech Shannon received
No-look
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

Bogues told the kid he plays like Sam Houston and the refs thought that was a little too harsh.
Lol!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

I knew what the Games were for...I was referring to the tech Shannon received
Sorry. I explained how to build a clock and you just wanted to know the time. (Maybe some others learned something from it.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.