All Positions Filled on Coaching Staff

11,261 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Just read on Football Scoop that all positions have been filled and announcements will be made next week.. Football Scoop is a good reliable source for coaching changes info. Come on Isaac spill the beans on at least one new coach.. Put it up in the pay only forum and you might get some new subscribers..
TallTexan
Isaac tweeted about it earlier, so I'd say the hires are confirmed. However, he has refused to spill the beans yet, but I have a solution for that.
INiedrauer
Staff
Everyone is pretty tight lipped until contracts are signed. I promise if I can get anything on the record, The Sawmill-ers will be the first to know.

EDIT: Here's what I do know, tho: SFA should be signing three new assistants in the next week: quarterback coach (who will probably act as an assistant OC with Conque in charge), OL coach to replace Bill Best, and TE coach to replace Jeremy Hammock (who is moving to RBs to replace Jake Brown).
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Everyone is pretty tight lipped until contracts are signed. I promise if I can get anything on the record, The Sawmill-ers will be the first to know.

EDIT: Here's what I do know, tho: SFA should be signing three new assistants in the next week: quarterback coach (who will probably act as an assistant OC with Conque in charge), OL coach to replace Bill Best, and TE coach to replace Jeremy Hammock (who is moving to RBs to replace Jake Brown).
I hear we're signing Josh McDaniels, can you comment on that?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

INiedrauer said:

I hear we're signing Josh McDaniels, can you comment on that?
That would explain why he turned down that other opportunity.
TallTexan
Isaac, any updates?
HitSomeBody
I would hope the names are publicized soon. I'm not an expert on coaches and would never claim to be, but I wish SFA would release the names. We found out who one of the new coaches will be and once the names are released then I could ask some questions I have and maybe get some good input. I did what research I could but still would like to discuss. So, until the time, I will keep researching.

Axe'em
TallTexan
HitSomeBody said:

I would hope the names are publicized soon. I'm not an expert on coaches and would never claim to be, but I wish SFA would release the names. We found out who one of the new coaches will be and once the names are released then I could ask some questions I have and maybe get some good input. I did what research I could but still would like to discuss. So, until the time, I will keep researching.

Axe'em
I'm hoping we'll hear who the new guys are this week.
INiedrauer
Staff
HitSomeBody said:

Axe'em
Names can't be released until contracts are certified, etc. As of yesterday, they're keeping it tight. I expect to hear something late this week.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

HitSomeBody said:

Axe'em
Names can't be released until contracts are certified, etc. As of yesterday, they're keeping it tight. I expect to hear something late this week.
Thanks.
Jacks4460
Alright spill the beans dude!! Its the last day of the week... "> I am excited to see who we get..
Jacks4460
Bet we find out the new coaches soon..
Jacks4460
Jacks4460 said:

Bet we find out the new coaches soon..

Think I might of seen a BOR singing so documents..
PurpleForever
Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

Axe'em
Ask away about these new coaches..
cboothe09
That Barbay name alone say enough for me. His resume is just icing on the cake...
SFASawmillGuy
What do you know about him? The resume doesn't seem bad. Actually seems like he should have some good ties for recruiting and might have picked up some things from the SEC.
Jacks4460
cboothe09 said:

That Barbay name alone say enough for me. His resume is just icing on the cake...

Tell me about him... I know of a Barbay from Newton or Kirbyville.. This guy looks like he has been around some talent and in the Player Development side of things... Which really is fine with me because motivating a 19-22 yr old men is a major part of the game... Coach is calling plays and I am sure will help him with the X's and O's.. Recruiting in SE Texas will help too.. We need to stop McNeese and the othe LA schools from beating us for the better players in that area...
cboothe09
Personally I know nothing, but I know the Barbay name is synonymous with success and football in Southeast Texas. It seems like each one that moves into coaching is instantly successful. With a career path like his that has gone from Warren HS to the University of Florida, he seems like a great get. The kind of guy that we need to keep as long as we can.
HitSomeBody
My son talked with coach Clark last week. The report I received was high intensity, very hyper and aggressive, and wanted to build a close family with OL. He spoke a lot about building family and can't wait to be with the team.

I thought typical introduction. I cannot find much on how his OL performed the last 5 years other than the last two his ex-head coach felt production slipped and was not satisfied. I wonder how he will adjust to Texas football, how will he get linked in to future recruits since all of his career has been in the north.
Jacks4460
HitSomeBody said:

My son talked with coach Clark last week. The report I received was high intensity, very hyper and aggressive, and wanted to build a close family with OL. He spoke a lot about building family and can't wait to be with the team.

I thought typical introduction. I cannot find much on how his OL performed the last 5 years other than the last two his ex-head coach felt production slipped and was not satisfied. I wonder how he will adjust to Texas football, how will he get linked in to future recruits since all of his career has been in the north.
Yes sir typical introduction...Lets hope its genuine and he means what he is talking about.. Barbay is gonna be a seed...
Jacks4460
I have a good feeling about this coming season.. Coach Barbay is a good one and will motivate these young men. Once we get the RB on campus this summer hopefully I will then feel 100% better.. This kid will be a game changer.. Also cant wait until the BOR meeting on 4-23-18 which at that time the Engineering firm will present recommendations on facility upgrades. I also remember hearing that they said in the meeting things will start immediately if BOR approves.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Also cant wait until the BOR meeting on 4-23-18 which at that time the Engineering firm will present recommendations on facility upgrades. I also remember hearing that they said in the meeting things will start immediately if BOR approves.
Fingers crossed on this! Any idea of what sort of things are being considered?
Jacks4460
From what I remember WRJ will be the first thing and could start immediately...I am not too sure what they have recommended... I have heard an email that was sent out to the student body on things they can do for a better game day experience.. I wouldn't doubt that part of the WRJ upgrade is a basketball practice complex... if we are going to stay competitive then this is a must..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

I wouldn't doubt that part of the WRJ upgrade is a basketball practice complex... if we are going to stay competitive then this is a must..
I agree 100%. Thanks, 4460.
BigJack85
edstile said:

Jacks4460 said:

I wouldn't doubt that part of the WRJ upgrade is a basketball practice complex... if we are going to stay competitive then this is a must..
I agree 100%. Thanks, 4460.

I agree that some upgrades and updates are needed. We want to push forward and outrun our competition. The fact is that we are literally miles ahead of everyone with the exception of Lamar.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

I agree that some upgrades and updates are needed. We want to push forward and outrun our competition. The fact is that we are literally miles ahead of everyone with the exception of Lamar.
In most cases, we should be working to keep our facilities on par with those that we wish to compete with. The elite of the mid majors.

Part of that would need an athletics fee & increased student support. I think as of yesterday, UMBC had generated 200 million in free publicity for the University. The amount that a good athletics program adds to the University's awareness is incredible.

I'd be interested to see how many website visits/mentions our game with Tech generated, but that's likely the topic of an entirely different thread.

I am interested to see if WRJ get's a good looking facelift though.
Jacks4460
New Graduate Asst. OL coach..... Hayden Wall.. Says "its great to come back home to bEASTtexas".. Comes from Angelo State. Hope he can get the OL rolling the right way...
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I think as of yesterday, UMBC had generated 200 million in free publicity for the University. The amount that a good athletics program adds to the University's awareness is incredible.

I'm thinking that the athletics-hating professors who convinced their clueless minds-of-mush students to vote against the athletics fee the last time failed to mention that little gem.

BTW, after our win over WVU and our close call against ND in 2016, there were statistics put out by the university as to the huge increases in the number of website hits. Surely, there's someone in a dark back room somewhere in the bowels of SFA counting those kinds of beans again.
HitSomeBody
Soooo.... Is the head coach going to be calling the plays for Offense?
SFASawmillGuy
That's what it appears. I think the last time Clint had major control over the offense was in the 2014 playoff season and that offense averaged over 30 points per game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.