2018 Schedule

4,040 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sept. 1 @Mississippi State
Sept. 8 Tarleton State
Sept. 15 @UIW
Sept. 22 Abilene Christian
Sept. 29 @McNeese State
Oct. 6 Sam Houston
Oct. 13 Central Arkansas
Oct. 20 @HBU
Oct. 27 Lamar (HC)
Nov. 10 @Nicholls
Nov. 15 Northwestern State

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Sept. 8 Tarleton State
Sept. 15 @UIW
Sept. 29 McNeese State
Oct. 6 Sam Houston
Oct. 13 Central Arkansas
Oct. 20 @HBU
Oct. 27 Lamar (HC)
Nov. 10 @Nicholls

Get McNeese and UCA at home and Prison Tech at neutral NRG. Can't ask for a better conference situation than that.
TallTexan
And a chance to avenge that Mississippi State loss.
TallTexan
This is dumb though:

That's a Thursday game.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

Sept. 8 Tarleton State
Sept. 15 @UIW
Sept. 29 McNeese State
Oct. 6 Sam Houston
Oct. 13 Central Arkansas
Oct. 20 @HBU
Oct. 27 Lamar (HC)
Nov. 10 @Nicholls

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is probably our best looking schedule in a while. Miss St. isn't a good matchup at all but it could be much worse. They'll be rebuilding so maybe a chance to get some nice plays in on an SEC team.

Tarelton may have a good turnout because of how many SFA students have ties to them. TSU also really wants to join the SLC and with how fast its growing this might be good for them. Still awful for our SOS.

ACU, McNeese, and UCA at home are massive. We could potentially be 4-1(maybe even ranked) going into the BOTPW. Beat Sam Houston and you have the momentum moving forward to do anything.

Nicholls on the road scares me, something I never thought I'd say.

But very very favorable schedule for us. If Clint needed 8+ wins to keep his job this is the schedule to do it with.
SFASawmillGuy
Nevermind, we play McNeese in Lake Charles. Still, the road team has won that game every time since 2014, so I guess we can keep that streak going.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Nevermind, we play McNeese in Lake Charles.
Yeah, 93 fumbled the snap on that one.
SFAXE93
Corrected it.

I used hair mousse for shaving cream and shaving cream for hair mousse this morning.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Corrected it.

I used hair mousse for shaving cream and shaving cream for hair mousse this morning.

ROFL!!!! All is forgiven (this once).
BigJack85
Todd Whitten will be auditioning for a job as Head Coach. I know he has a tortuous relationship with the administration. At the end of the day I think he'd be a good head coach.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
I think Whitten is at TSU for the rest of his life as long as they win. It was his 3rd time to coach the Texans and I think he and Reisman have that understanding that $$$ will not lure him out of Stephenville. Whittens press conference on the annoucing of his hiring was very very emotional with alot of tears being shed...TSU will be FCS soon like within 2-3 yrs maybe sooner. Huge huge facility upgrades to stadium and to campus. Also some big things in the works with the city,county, and university on a new coliseum on campus of TSU. I am telling you Dr. Dottavio is the "Real Deal".. He is loved by the local community and has drawn all 3 major players in making things happen together. City,County,and University.. Kevin Atkinson the HC at Flower Mound Marcus should be our next coach if Coach Conque doesnt win 8 games this year. Kevin was a former SFA reciever and homecoming KIng. Since money seems to be an issue at SFA I know he will not cost as much as a big name coach. Atkinson has the THSCA connections and work ethic to get the job done.. He would have support of former Lumberjack players that went to the NFL and would come back to Nac and give back a little to a place that gave so much to them. He would probally have a few of the 89 players on his coaching staff...
Jacks4460
He could get LC to come back and coach RB's for sure... If Clint cant do the job I really hope the higher ups and rich alumni know the next coach needs the tools to succeed...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.